• Replies 36
  • Views 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

• 3 months later...

Who are the artists

Obviously uses the same backing track as The Magnetics "Count The Days" which is on Sable as well.

I have always thought the Magnetics to be first and The Soulful twins a few years later.

But there must be some connection, as the both use the same label name.

Social source share

used to be a regular £5 or 5 for £20 on pat bradys list and was in a lot of boxes in the 90`s. ive just seen it for £250 which i think is obscene. was going to post in the overpriced section thats goin on currently. great record but £250 never in the creation.................................. £75 maybe

dave

Social source share

Err, one on my sales post at the mo' but on hold. True always was a fiver tune in 80s but there genuinely doesn't seem to be that many around these days, rarely listed, unless everybody's hogging em!

Also is it actually defo exactly the same backing track, or a bit like the Rockmasters / Sapphires, same but different if you know what I mean?

Edited by mark w.
Social source share

Err, one on my sales post at the mo' but on hold. True always was a fiver tune in 80s but there genuinely doesn't seem to be that many around these days, rarely listed, unless everybody's hogging em!

Also is it actually defo exactly the same backing track, or a bit like the Rockmasters / Sapphires, same but different if you know what I mean?

dont know mark not seen your sales. this is on a major dealer list that dropped thru the door this morning

dave

Social source share

used to be a regular £5 or 5 for £20 on pat bradys list and was in a lot of boxes in the 90`s. ive just seen it for £250 which i think is obscene. was going to post in the overpriced section thats goin on currently. great record but £250 never in the creation.................................. £75 maybe

dave

Still got loads of PB's lists from 93/94ish, like you say dave this was in the bargains bonanza section, if you bought 10 it was £30 so £3 a piece which i did on some occasions but unfortunately not the S/Twins . Some other things in those sections also fetching money now like Johnny Sayles on st Lawrence!

If only you could turn the clock back.

On the other hand there's other things that he had for say £30-40 that havent really increased in value so without hindsight the skill would have been picking the right ones at the time and how many can say they actually did this all the time?

Edited by Steve L
Social source share

Still got loads of PB's lists from 93/94ish, like you say dave this was in the bargains bonanza section, if you bought 10 it was £30 so £3 a piece which i did on some occasions but unfortunately not the S/Twins . Some other things in those sections also fetching money now like Johnny Sayles on st Lawrence!

If only you could turn the clock back.

On the other hand there's other things that he had for say £30-40 that havent really increased in value so without hindsight the skill would have been picking the right ones at the time and how many can say they actually did this all the time?

thats right steve i did the same but always thought i`d hold out for a magnetics which was only about £2/250 back then and me and bri could just about swing it. sadly wages havent gone up with inflation :lol:

dave

Social source share

dave

That's where i got my first one from, which i swapped for another single (can't remember what, but it was a £15 record at the time).

Eventually picked up a second copy off eBay for about £15 all in, before it went silly.

Social source share

dave

I'd say £75 was too much!

Social source share

When this record was adout as Keith said a fiver would buy it,i understood that Mr Anderson(i think)had some coppies knocked up from the master tape,but it was a long time ago.Gilly

Are you saying they are all bootlegs??

Edited by Guest
Social source share

No not bootlegs a product that someone has done with the owner of the master tapes so bootleg isnt the correct word issued years after they were first laid on a studio tape.

Hi Gilly.Good point raised here.

How long between recording and putting to vinyl is considered ok?.

If it was a month and we (on the soul scene) on non the wiser,no problem.But when it becomes common knowledge that,say, it was a few years gap,then we get the jitters.:thumbsup: .Sorry to be off topic btw.

Social source share

No not bootlegs a product that someone has done with the owner of the master tapes so bootleg isnt the correct word issued years after they were first laid on a studio tape.

Are they a 1970's custom product 45rpm, made for the Northern Soul scene?

If they were made for a UK dealer, it seems strange that there are so many copies on popsike, sold from the USA.

Edited by Guest
Social source share

You could well be right,as to my first post on this topic its what was being said at the time.It is a brill record but not as good(in my opinion)as the Magnetics,both sides in my top 20 of all time but never owned one,did have 2 of the Holding on 45

Social source share

• 4 weeks later...

quick reply to this as I'm just about to pop out to the Wilton...

spoke to John Anderson at Prestatyn and he told me the following:

Soulful Twins is a genuine release, he didn't have them pressed, and the reason thay have a different label design is because it was distributed by Onederful/

He got them as part of his large One-der-ful, Mar-V-Lus, M-Pac hit (I think he said he purchased circa 200 of them along with 400 of the Ringleaders on M-pac) and that there were 'loads' left by him.

Social source share

quick reply to this as I'm just about to pop out to the Wilton...

spoke to John Anderson at Prestatyn and he told me the following:

Soulful Twins is a genuine release, he didn't have them pressed, and the reason thay have a different label design is because it was distributed by Onederful/

He got them as part of his large One-der-ful, Mar-V-Lus, M-Pac hit (I think he said he purchased circa 200 of them along with 400 of the Ringleaders on M-pac) and that there were 'loads' left by him.

Thanks for that excellent information, its good that it has been cleared up.

Sometimes record collecting originals, can make one a bit paranoid!!!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert