Cee Lo Green - Old Fashioned

Cunnie

• Replies 29
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I'd just like to adopt a self-righteous tone and suggest that this post is immedaitely moved to the Freebasing section. I've not bothered listening to the file but its clearly not northern, modern or rare soul so why should I waste my time?

Actually, my cursor lingered over it for just a short while, the file opened and it doesn't sound too bad at all!!

Steve.

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...
Guest WPaulVanDyk

well i think he is soul-full and just because he was part of some rap group dosen't mean he is bad, I like him and the single is great

Social source share

• 1 month later...
Guest nhsoulie

this man is the shit and sounds even better live witch is a rare trait these days anyone moanin that its new or he raps then there bitter old bastards oh and this is as soulfull as it gets steve so so lets not freebase it

Social source share

Guest Hunnymon

I never realised until now that that this guy and Gnarls Barkley are the same person.

For me this is like a lot like a back in the day Stax tune thats been released on it's Gospel in-print, and if someone had played it to me blind that is exactly what I would have thought it was.

Instantly dismissing all new music as rubbish is ridiculous because the music we listen to today was once new music and were the new stuff always wins out over the old is in the sound quality department.

However, I'm not a great fan of that gospel/stax sound, so from me it's only a

That's 3 out of 5 on John Abbeys old rating system :rolleyes:

Edited by Hunnymon
Social source share

Guest Jayne Carter

Love him! Excellent on Jools Holland..how can anyone say he aint soulful?

Get an earful of his The Ladykiller album..as Gasher says..fkn amazin!:rolleyes:

Remember Paul Sutton playing Gnarls Barkley 'Crazy' few years ago Prestatyn Modern room?

Social source share

I know it all comes down to taste, opinion etc etc but I was saying to my girlfriend when we were watching JH's Hootenanay how nauseous I find this bloke's voice. I don't think he's anything special - I find his voice very unappealing and that Gnarls Barkley thing ('Crazy'?), to me at least was an irritating pain in the backside not to mention the song itself. Just my humble opinion. :rolleyes:

Social source share

I know it all comes down to taste, opinion etc etc but I was saying to my girlfriend when we were watching JH's Hootenanay how nauseous I find this bloke's voice. I don't think he's anything special - I find his voice very unappealing and that Gnarls Barkley thing ('Crazy'?), to me at least was an irritating pain in the backside not to mention the song itself. Just my humble opinion. :thumbsup:

Couldnt agree more ......we have a radio on t he scaffold at work ...and when his song comes on i just wanna throw a brick at the radio :thumbsup:

That part of the song where he starts begging his bird has to be the most irritating and saddo plea i have ever heard :yes:

Uh! Whhhy? Uh! Whhhy? Uh!

Whhhy lady? Oh! I love you oh!

I still love you. Oooh!

And you've also reminded me ........someone i know ,who used to run a venue ,actually played "CRAZY" by Gnarls Barkley in his set :yes: FFS!

P.S

Admittedly im talking about his chart hit's but 1st impressions sometimes do last yes.gif

Edited by NEV
Social source share

Just thought a few of you might like to have a listen to the new Cee Lo Green single as a few of you showed a bit of interest in his current novelty single F**k You.

Must admit it is quite a nice ballad (go on, shoot me down in flames!).

Actually, the new single from thye album is "Its Ok"... but "oild Fashioned" is kin brilliant and as far as the PA goes, not set for releaswe as a 45/cd single :yes:

Social source share

Just thought a few of you might like to have a listen to the new Cee Lo Green single as a few of you showed a bit of interest in his current novelty single F**k You.

I saw him on new years eve on Jools Hollands show

He was ok

but Roger Daltrey was outstanding !

Edited by mossy
Social source share

Couldnt agree more ......we have a radio on t he scaffold at work ...and when his song comes on i just wanna throw a brick at the radio :lol:

That part of the song where he starts begging his bird has to be the most irritating and saddo plea i have ever heard :thumbsup:

Uh! Whhhy? Uh! Whhhy? Uh!

Whhhy lady? Oh! I love you oh!

I still love you. Oooh!

And you've also reminded me ........someone i know ,who used to run a venue ,actually played "CRAZY" by Gnarls Barkley in his set :D FFS!

P.S

Admittedly im talking about his chart hit's but 1st impressions sometimes do last yes.gif

i know what your saying nev. certainly about the radio at work. when you have to endure radio 1 or magic fm , heart, real radio all day. and we have dancin queen , bon fuckin jovi, scissor sisters, kylie all day over and over. this tho makes me appreciate the likes of gnarls and celo green even more and yes gnarls barkley was the name of a band. mind you my wife is off to see biffy clyro soon and she thought that that was their lead vocalists name lol :lol:

dave

Social source share

Gotta say his other single released mid December will defo blow em away in the modern rooms this year. It's titled ' IT'S O.K. ' Tap it into you tube and have a listen, i think most folk will be impressed. Not sure it's available on vinyl tho.

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Brilliant! Don't care what anyone else says. My son bought me the iTunes download of the full album 'Lady Killer' for Xmas

at my request, and the whole album is just superb. There is more than 1 excellent track on there and the guy has a voice to die for.

A+++++

Karen bought me the CD for Xmas. And I have played it loads. lots of nice tracks on there. One sounds right out of a Blaxploitation movie.

If you dont like it, I guess he'd tell you to - forget right off :thumbsup:

Social source share

Somebody please tell me this post is in jest :thumbsup:

I'll confirm its dead serious, this guy cant sing mate, nor can niles barclay, to these ears they both sing in a soul style, or an aproximation of one, rather than actually singing with soul, just my honest opinion. Both are diffucult to listen to for any length of time, not something I could accuse Marvin or Otis of. and dont start me on that bleeding paper lad only got 5 tracks into the CD before it whent through the window.

Social source share

Gnarls Barkley was the name of the collaberation of Brian Burton and Cee Lo Green (on vocals)

oh sorry that would explain why they both sound bleedin awful then, thanks John. Appologies folk for my ignorance, I tend to be pretty niave about contempory music. I tend to listen with anticpation to the next big thing, and then get sadly deflated once I've heard them.

Edited by geeselad
Social source share

I'll confirm its dead serious, this guy cant sing mate, nor can niles barclay, to these ears they both sing in a soul style, or an aproximation of one, rather than actually singing with soul, just my honest opinion. Both are diffucult to listen to for any length of time, not something I could accuse Marvin or Otis of. and dont start me on that bleeding paper lad only got 5 tracks into the CD before it whent through the window.

Just found it funny that you compared Cee Lo to Gnarls Barkley. Show's that you were listening if nothing else.

IMO it's just good to see that people are going into the studio & recording Soul music & the masses are buying it. Kinda gives hope to all the other people out there doing something similar.

Also pretty sure Mr Green would not compere himself to the great Marvin or Otis as he's more of a Jackie Wilson fan (fact) :-)))

Agreed on the paper boy though as it did nothing for me either but like I said earlier at least there's still folks out there doing it.

PS, hope you opened the window first :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert