Audrey Slo

Dsoulie

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Great record this and so hard to find, I've only ever had 2 copies yet the guides show it to be 75-100 quid, it's definitely tougher than other Swan sides like Tony Galla and Sugar & The Spices - I easily sold my last one at 125.

Pete,

I've got this title lying around somewhere, I'll try put it on auction on Monday.

It'll be interesting to see what interest it brings, as we've not offered a copy in a while.. certainly a 45 worth re-assessing as it is so good, Leon Huff wrote both sides if I remember right.

John

Social source share

Pete,

I've got this title lying around somewhere, I'll try put it on auction on Monday.

It'll be interesting to see what interest it brings, as we've not offered a copy in a while.. certainly a 45 worth re-assessing as it is so good, Leon Huff wrote both sides if I remember right.

John

And it's a double sider - I remember being surprised when I actually heard the vocal as I'd only ever heard the instrumental played before then. Pep I think it was..

Social source share

Pete,

John

Nice one John, I will be bidding yes.gif

Social source share

It would be nice to see what price the auction brings with this record, but going from John Manships guide, he has the book price at £30.00

The mysterious world of record prices

There is no mystery with the forces of supply and demand they determine the price of everything in the world today, not just Northern Soul. We have never sold this 45 for more than £30.00 it was a quantity title we had in stock for many years, they slowly filtered out until we sold out over 5 years ago. Hence the price guide of £30. We always try and retain at least one copy of anything we've had quantity stock on, to cover events like change in demand and indeed a change in availability. So I know they'll be at least one on the shelves somewhere.

A near mint copy will go on auction on Monday, I'm as interested as you as to what price it will achieve; the market will determine the latest value and it will be adjusted for Price Guide 6, a great record and like Pete Smith said in more recent times it has shown up far less than Toni Galla or Sugar & Spices.

In 1976 Don Gardner - Cheating Kind - was a £3.00 record, demand and values constantly change and I adjust Price Guide 6 on an almost hourly basis, that's one of the reasons we all love rare soul vinyl,it's constantly changing in values, demand and availability. You get the thrill of speculation, the mystique of rarity and the joy of music... great hobby is record collecting you can never get bored.

Edited by john manship
Social source share

Guest CapitolSC

Got mine a couple of years ago for £60 after searching for such a long time, very hard to find, but an awesome tune. Stuart my husband has one too, but then we have many the same records laugh.gif!

Edited by CapitolSC
Social source share

Source Advert