Keamus

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Ok. Thanks all for response.

My copy has Lonely for you baby as B side.

Other side is I need you girl with Promotional Copy printed on label.

As an aside still one of the best live performances ever... SD at Southport Weekender in I think 1989. Morec ambe I think

Social source share

It would appear from repsonse that my copy maybe a one off.

It's definetly a Demo and does have Lonely for You Baby as B side.

Any thoughts on value?

A one off no, this was a fair sized record label and there is no way they would have done a pressing run of 1. There will be other copies around, Soul Source does not constitute the entire collecting world. But it's fair to say it's fairly rare piece and maybe worth as much as £500 + in the current climate to someone who cares enough to want to own a copy that says 'Demo/Demonstration over 'Plug side' as with the other promo's. Several standard issues, close to mint have sold at around £350 this year, so £500 would seem fair.

Social source share

A one off no, this was a fair sized record label and there is no way they would have done a pressing run of 1. There will be other copies around, Soul Source does not constitute the entire collecting world. But it's fair to say it's fairly rare piece and maybe worth as much as £500 + in the current climate to someone who cares enough to want to own a copy that says 'Demo/Demonstration over 'Plug side' as with the other promo's. Several standard issues, close to mint have sold at around £350 this year, so £500 would seem fair.

I'd hazard a guess that there could even be a few promos over here from the 60's since SSS licensed Gloria Taylor to Polydor so no doubt there'd be a few UK companies and/or personnel who were on their international mailing list.

Digging 'em out now is another thing entirely though..........:sweatingbullets:

Ian D :hypo:

Social source share

at least the price of the issue. but as i said . ive had one in my hands and so has dave flynn so theres probably one or two more kickin around. its the sort of thing JM would get £800 for in auction :sweatingbullets:

dave

Didn't JM auction one not long back or is my memory not what it should be.

Mick W

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert