Dobber

• Replies 25
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Hard to find ... around £150 now and climbing. Does get played intermittently but still not widely known. Serious dj's/collectors know it .... the chequebook type dj's (ie the ones that are spoonfed tunes or have to wait until someone else breaks a tune) probably don't! What a monster 45....hope you get one. PS One just finished on the bay at $203 ,about right)

Social source share

Hard to find ... around £150 now and climbing. Does get played intermittently but still not widely known. Serious dj's/collectors know it .... the chequebook type dj's (ie the ones that are spoonfed tunes or have to wait until someone else breaks a tune) probably don't! What a monster 45....hope you get one. PS One just finished on the bay at $203 ,about right)

great tune, been after it for a while rarely turns up

Social source share

any info on this tune please?

the jades-i know the feelin-poncello

how tough is it to find and what might i expect to pay for it?

and does it get played out anywhere?

cheers!

Still gets an occasional spin at Solid Hit Soul London :D

Was fairly popular 2/3 years back probably more so in the smaller clubs rather than allniters..........I think :yes: correct me if I'm wrong.........I normally am :thumbsup:

Social source share

Might be totally off on one here due to premature aging and a stonking hangover, but I'm pretty damn sure this came to light following a review by Ion Tsakalis in a fanzine whose name escapes me, around late 80's. Got mine from Soul Bowl for something daft like £5, bought blind on the strength of the big chap's glowing recommendation!

£150? Jeeeeeeez!:huh:

Social source share

Might be totally off on one here due to premature aging and a stonking hangover

You're not too wrong, Alan...was indeed around and cheap for a while (weren't they al!?!), but it went to ground (as they do into collections).

However, that said, it has the quality to shine through, so I for one am not overly shocked or surprised to see a three-figure tag on it.

However, it isn't 'Classic Oldie' sounding enough to ever go big, but it does deserve a few spins every now and then for sure...imo.

:huh:

Social source share

There are a few Northern tracks on the label in between the Deep stuff...can recommend these three for starters:

:lol:

in between the deep stuff.

I baught this levert allison for ther deep side :huh:

not dug properly into the label myself probably missed loads of ggod stuff.

Social source share

first heard it about same time alan on the now famous shotts tapes.ive had it twice but must admit took me ages to get them both times.think 1st time out of discoverys mag $12 & 2nd time might of been from domar for £12.sure ali duff might of bought my last copy,i might stand corrected tho.sixties newies @ its best.

Might be totally off on one here due to premature aging and a stonking hangover, but I'm pretty damn sure this came to light following a review by Ion Tsakalis in a fanzine whose name escapes me, around late 80's. Got mine from Soul Bowl for something daft like £5, bought blind on the strength of the big chap's glowing recommendation!

Social source share

I remember you getting this and playing this out Alan..defo the best outing on the label.. Powerhouse northern

Social source share

first heard it about same time alan on the now famous shotts tapes.ive had it twice but must admit took me ages to get them both times.think 1st time out of discoverys mag $12 & 2nd time might of been from domar for £12.sure ali duff might of bought my last copy,i might stand corrected tho.sixties newies @ its best.

Hello mate, chances are it was me playing it on your tapes! It is a right old growler of track, isn't it? Typical 60's newies tackle, ie rough as a badger's arse! :thumbsup:

edit: Hi Andy. Yep, a powerhouse badger's arse!

Edited by Alan Walls
Social source share

There was a thread on " I know the feeling " a while back....the best description of the tune as far as I can remember went something like this.....Can you imagine a steam engine hurtling down a very steep hill uncontrolably at 100mph, while the driver does a wild evil uncontrolable laugh, at the same time stoking the engines boiler with more coal urging the steam engine to go faster....

Can't remember who put that up but it pretty much hits the nail on the thread.

Yep defo one of the many beautys that you used to play Alan

Edited by Dennisoul
Social source share

Hello mate, chances are it was me playing it on your tapes! It is a right old growler of track, isn't it? Typical 60's newies tackle, ie rough as a badger's arse! :D

edit: Hi Andy. Yep, a powerhouse badger's arse!

By the way wasn't trying to say it was only popular 2/3 years like most things they've all been played before just that it was getting plays as an underplayed sound :thumbsup:

Social source share

Still gets an occasional spin at Solid Hit Soul London :thumbsup:

Was fairly popular 2/3 years back probably more so in the smaller clubs rather than allniters..........I think :lol: correct me if I'm wrong.........I normally am :D

Dave, Yes, first time I heard this was at SHS. THink Stuart played it early on.

Mike

Social source share

Just as an aside are there a few Jades?

I gather this ain't the same band that did Lucky fellow, where it's at, hotter than fire etc etc

If so how many bands were called the Jades?

The Jaedes, who recorded a hard to get LP on Athena. Pick of the tunes for me are: What'll it take to make you happy, Uh, Uh, what did I do and another version of Colour him father'. Think the only one from the album thats been released on 45 is Uh, Uh ............

Mike

Social source share

the best description of the tune as far as I can remember went something like this.....Can you imagine a steam engine hurtling down a very steep hill uncontrolably at 100mph, while the driver does a wild evil uncontrolable laugh, at the same time stoking the engines boiler with more coal urging the steam engine to go faster....

I believe that picturesque description was one of Nick 'Driveller' Brown's creations in Shades of Soul...but it was for the Captions 'Hit It' (90% certain it was anyway!), not the Jades.

:thumbsup:

Social source share

Dave, Yes, first time I heard this was at SHS. THink Stuart played it early on.

Mike

That was mine Mike thumbsup.gif though I would have followed Stuart in that 1st hour so possible you thought my first was his last :lol:

You gonna jump in the car with Des for Solid Hit 3rd December ?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert