Another Fine Example Of Ns On Ebay

Dean

Only wanting to share incredulous humour with you - hope it's the right forum to do so.

Nothing new in seeing ebay items described as Northern when it would appear that the seller thinks that label may sell any old item to an unsuspecting bandwagon rider.

But I thought this one was a beauty.

https://cgi.ebay.com/CLIFF-RICHARD-LIVING-DOLL-NORTHERN-SOUL-45-ABC-45-VG-/130423366812?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item1e5dd6a49c

CLIFF RICHARD - LIVING DOLL

Does this count as under-played?

Social source share

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

This is true...

I do the very early spot at the Rat Pit in Bredbury, Stockport and one night i am there playing to me self when in walk two girls (mid aged women actually) nothing strange here i think the hubbies must be chatting with Dave on the door.

Anyway they get a drink a piece sit down and then one wanders over to me, nice one a request!!! She says to me have you got any Cliff? She gets a bewildered look back "Do you mean Cliff as in Cliff Richard says I" Yes comes the reply. This is a Northern Soul night is my response. Oh she said and ambled back to her seat and her mate.

Me, I shake my head and pull out Bobby Womack Something for my head!!!!!!! and give it a spin. The girls stayed until chucking out out time. Just amazed me Cliff must have an NS following somewhere.

Cheers John

Social source share

This is true...

then one wanders over to me, nice one a request!!! She says to me have you got any Cliff? She gets a bewildered look back "Do you mean Cliff as in Cliff Richard says I" Yes comes the reply. This is a Northern Soul night is my response. Oh she said and ambled back to her seat and her mate.

Cheers John

I'm sadly out of touch with Stockport's middle aged women. Perhaps we're just out of touch John, NS has always been a broad church and I'm vaguely aware of Sir Cliff's affinity for the church. I suppose Living Doll is mid-tempo.

MAK - What the f*** has Garry''s playbox got to do with Northern Soul, you really bemuse me sometime. Hope all's well with you buddy - not been out and about much for a couple of months, hope to be out more between now and Christmas, perhaps bump into you soon.

Social source share

This is true...

I do the very early spot at the Rat Pit in Bredbury, Stockport and one night i am there playing to me self when in walk two girls (mid aged women actually) nothing strange here i think the hubbies must be chatting with Dave on the door.

Anyway they get a drink a piece sit down and then one wanders over to me, nice one a request!!! She says to me have you got any Cliff? She gets a bewildered look back "Do you mean Cliff as in Cliff Richard says I" Yes comes the reply. This is a Northern Soul night is my response. Oh she said and ambled back to her seat and her mate.

Me, I shake my head and pull out Bobby Womack Something for my head!!!!!!! and give it a spin. The girls stayed until chucking out out time. Just amazed me Cliff must have an NS following somewhere.

Cheers John

Hi john

that makes a refreshing change from them asking for 'wade in the feckin water' every other record in stockport:lol:

did get asked to play anything by the scissor sisters once at stockport GH, bless her she was only young so didnt really understand what the nite was about:no:

Edited by grant
Social source share

Never in a Million Years. :sweatingbullets: Whatever Next. :g:

ABC_45-10042-A-1.jpg

However, as we're on this subject.

The closest link to Soul was The Shadows being called The Drifters at one time, However, I notice that they are not credited on this one on ebay.

Whereas the ones below have The Drifters Credited.

Must have caused a stir at the time for them to Re-Press the record, as he didn't do too well in America.

Anyone know the Story behind this, would it have been The Drifters themselves who would have forced the name change.

Appologies for having this record available to Scan :hypo:

ABC_45-10042-A_DJ.jpgABC_45-10042-B_DJ.jpg

ABC_45-10042-A.jpgABC_45-10042-B.jpg

PopSike.com

120414776726.jpg

Social source share

The closest link to Soul was The Shadows being called The Drifters at one time, However, I notice that they are not credited on this one on ebay.

Whereas the ones below have The Drifters Credited.

Must have caused a stir at the time for them to Re-Press the record, as he didn't do too well in America.

Anyone know the Story behind this, would it have been The Drifters themselves who would have forced the name change.

Yes - that is exactly why 'The Drifters' felt forced to change their name to The Shadows, after their records becoming hits in America, and the US Drifters having releases in the UK.

Social source share

Yes - that is exactly why 'The Drifters' felt forced to change their name to The Shadows, after their records becoming hits in America, and the US Drifters having releases in the UK.

Thanks Mate, I remember Living Doll being played at home, courtesy of my sister playing it at the time.

Must have happened before they released their own stuff without Cliff.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert