• Replies 27
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

The Boston Celtics basketball team

All of which makes this a kind of interesting record. I mean, quite apart from any U.S. basketball connections, this is just a great, great record and surely a future monster at some point.

So I reckon £50 a pop is fair enough innit?

I haven't got 'em in my hand yet, so I'll hold fire on offering 'em out until that happy event happens, so anyone who wants a copy at that price should feel free to PM me with their details and I'll reserve 'em as I get 'em OK?

Touch wood it'll work out OK.........

Ian D :thumbup:

Social source share

All of which makes this a kind of interesting record. I mean, quite apart from any U.S. basketball connections, this is just a great, great record and surely a future monster at some point.

So I reckon £50 a pop is fair enough innit?

I haven't got 'em in my hand yet, so I'll hold fire on offering 'em out until that happy event happens, so anyone who wants a copy at that price should feel free to PM me with their details and I'll reserve 'em as I get 'em OK?

Touch wood it'll work out OK.........

Ian D :thumbsup:

Reckon on a realistic £30

Garbage poppy crap with nice typical soul type vocal - no interest and not rare,cannot see why anyone would want to play this at "modern" soul nites

Personally I would'nt pay even a 10nner for it except to re-sell it and in that case I would quote £50 :D

Rob.

Social source share

Reckon on a realistic £30

Garbage poppy crap with nice typical soul type vocal - no interest and not rare,cannot see why anyone would want to play this at "modern" soul nites

Personally I would'nt pay even a 10nner for it except to re-sell it and in that case I would quote £50 :D

Rob.

Well you and I have totally different taste then Rob. To me it's a brilliant uplifting anthem that would rock 'em anywhere. To each their own I guess. :yes:

Plus your valuation would appear to be way off the mark as I've just sold 3 copies @ £50 each.......:thumbsup:

Ian D :)

Social source share

this is just a great, great record and surely a future monster at some point.

But it already was a big record wasn't it? it's been known and played out a lot for 20 years+, one of the 70's tunes that got plays at northern nights such as 'Janice' and 'Please don't send me away'... stay awake at the back Ian :D

:smile:

Social source share

But it already was a big record wasn't it? it's been known and played out a lot for 20 years+, one of the 70's tunes that got plays at northern nights such as 'Janice' and 'Please don't send me away'... stay awake at the back Ian :D

:smile:

I thought as much Sutty. However during that particular period I was going through my 'lost weekend' in New York and immersed in other stuff.

So much to learn still...................has that Carstairs track gone big yet..........? :thumbsup:

Ian D :yes:

Social source share

Ian,

I`d say you are safe to buy them to retail at £50. If you get stuck with `em give me a shout and i`ll give you £35 a pop to sell em at £50!

Chris.

Cheers mate. Soon as I see exactly how many there are I'll PM ya but that sounds perfect. This came about completely out of the blue when I bumped into one of the producers t'other day and he said he had a bunch of copies at home....... :D

Social source share

Well you and I have totally different taste then Rob. To me it's a brilliant uplifting anthem that would rock 'em anywhere. To each their own I guess. g.gif

Plus your valuation would appear to be way off the mark as I've just sold 3 copies @ £50 each.......:thumbsup:

Ian D :D

fair enough then Ian looks like theres plenty of millionnaires around then :)

all these early to mid 8Ts sounded ok back then,but fast forward 30 years and now they sound as they really were-mediocre( to my ears),wishy washy stuff.I think Larry's voice was ok for radio commercials tho' :D

Mind you-all is not lost Ian,'ll give you £50 for a Sonny Herman,Ray Agee,or Ree Flores when you get back from Salt Lake City :yes:

Where would you fly to,SF or LA ? If the latter then why not pop in and see Simon ? :D

Rob.

Social source share

Mind you-all is not lost Ian,'ll give you £50 for a Sonny Herman,Ray Agee,or Ree Flores when you get back from Salt Lake City :thumbsup:

Yeah right. With a large hook............:yes:

Where would you fly to,SF or LA ? If the latter then why not pop in and see Simon ? :D

Mmm. Probably L.A. I think. Still some scope there I reckon in lock-ups in Compton and Watts. And rumour has it that S.S. has renounced his former life and found religion and is a practising orthodox Jew these days.........:)

Ian D biggrin.gif

Social source share

I know it's a different club, sport and country, but the opening lines do it for me!

"People have you heard

The news today

The Celts are back on top

This time they're to stay"

I hope to be singing this on Sunday afternoon...:D

ME AND YOU ALAN ,MON THE CELTS -- JUST TO ADD SOLD MY COPY FOR £50 ANY LESS IS A BARGAIN IMO

Social source share

Sold a few (4 or 5) a few years ago at £50 easy enough, might get £60 now...

The song is all about the Boston Red Sox getting to the world series final or something is`nt it?

Chris

Yeah, quite a funny story behind it, in that the records got pressed in Chile and took an age to reach the U.S. by which time the Boston Celtics had been bounced out of the final, so basically the records got there too late to be sold! The majority of 'em were dumped and the producers ended up with a box or two each at the time. However, that was 30 odd years ago so probably most of the others have been dumped too. It was sheer chance that the record came up in conversation and the producer mentioned that he'd still got few at home. He's away until Saturday but he'll let me know how many he has then.......

Ian D :huh:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert