Sandra Feva - What A Voice

I've just been putting some lp's on the site and I just listen to the 'Savoir Faire' LP properly, WOW.

I've always loved her 45 with Epicenter and have always thought on that she almost out Aretha's Aretha. Anyway anyone got any more sugestions to listen to, if I get time I'll put some stuff in Refro

Cheers

Dave

Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I've just been putting some lp's on the site and I just listen to the 'Savoir Faire' LP properly, WOW.

I've always loved her 45 with Epicenter and have always thought on that she almost out Aretha's Aretha. Anyway anyone got any more sugestions to listen to, if I get time I'll put some stuff in Refro

Cheers

Dave

Maybe not surprising as she does background vocals on Aretha's "Integrity".

https://www.discogs.c...ist/Sandra+Feva

Savoir Faire's been reissued on CD as well.....

https://www.cherryred.../sandrafeva.php

Ian D :thumbsup:

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

Great call Dave.

She certainly has an exceptional voice.

Always thought she was up there with Gladys (even!!!).

I've played "Just To Be Close To You" on and off for many years (it's also on a 45 by the way) and think it would have been so right for Clifton Hall (if I'd only had it back then!!! ) as it has that 'Cheryl Berdell' quality, quite rare in 'uptempo' Modern Soul.

The other track I've played all over (on both the LP and a 45) is the lovely "Tell 'Em That I Heard It" which is a superb chilled out stepper.

And "The Need To Be" is a gorgeous balled that every SOUL fan should own (as is her "Here Now" on Catawba).

And lets not forget... she is also Sandra Richardson on Buddah "I Feel A Song" - Inter-Soul with "Stay Here With Me" - and the cracking double sider on Dellwood "Love To Be Your Woman" / "Waiting For The Last Goodbye".

Great singer!

:thumbsup:

Sean

Edited by Sean Hampsey
Social source share

Great call Dave.

I've played "Just To Be Close To You" on and off for many years (it's also on a 45 by the way) and think it would have been so right for Clifton Hall (if I'd only had it back then!!! ) as it has that 'Cheryl Berdell' quality, quite rare in 'uptempo' Modern Soul.

The other track I've played all over (on both the LP and a 45) is the lovely "Tell 'Em That I Heard It" which is a superb chilled out stepper.

And "The Need To Be" is a gorgeous balled that every SOUL fan should own (as is her "Here Now" on Catawba).

And lets not forget... she is also Sandra Richardson on Buddah "I Feel A Song" - Inter-Soul with "Stay Here With Me" - and the cracking double sider on Dellwood "Love To Be Your Woman" / "Waiting For The Last Goodbye".

Great singer!

Sean

Thanks Sean and Ian

I do like this as well

Sandra Feva - You won my heart -

Social source share

Great call Dave.

Great singer!

Sean

Thanks for that Sean

One arrived in the post yesterday

post-3008-046816700 1287914080_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Just dug it out for a listen Sean & you're right as it would have fitted like a hand in glove at Clifton hall fella.

Good call :hatsoff2:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert