Unusual Atco On Ebay

Dean

Just having a quick browse on ebay and came by this. I know ATCO label of the week was a couple of week ago but this caught my eye. Am I having a memory senior moment lapse or is this design unusual.

post-5677-075264200 1287500668_thumb.jpgpost-5677-050515900 1287500669_thumb.jpg

Great tune by the way, Ted Massey spun it a few times a while back leading me to pick up a very cheap mint issue.

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Ivor Jones

Just having a quick browse on ebay and came by this. I know ATCO label of the week was a couple of week ago but this caught my eye. Am I having a memory senior moment lapse or is this design unusual.

post-5677-075264200 1287500668_thumb.jpgpost-5677-050515900 1287500669_thumb.jpg

Great tune by the way, Ted Massey spun it a few times a while back leading me to pick up a very cheap mint issue.

No...................mines the same as the demo pictured. Katherine is brill ballad...other side is better than the title suggests.

I also really like "Not Now[baby i`ll tell you when]"/She`s Gone Again" by him on Atco[another of his less obvious ATCO sides].......

Best, Ivor

Social source share

hi dean , demos have come out on both style labels ie...normal and the thick bold lettering as your pic shows...had thick bold type in collection but sold to ss member recently....imo you see this design less often...but that's only from my experience!!

franc

Social source share

Agreed Franc,

I just listed an issue on my last list but one of my best customers ordered it so i sent him this version of the demo instead (I`m good like that!) I had all 3 versions both demos and an issue on my last trip stateside...great tunes! I agree that this Demo is the hardest.

Good one again last night mate...I see you at every away game I go to!

Chris

Social source share

hi dean , demos have come out on both style labels ie...normal and the thick bold lettering as your pic shows...had thick bold type in collection but sold to ss member recently....imo you see this design less often...but that's only from my experience!!

franc

Thanks for responses; Would anyone feel like sharing how much they sold the bold type demo for, I'm feeling very drawn to one. I think I recall the ebay item I saw was a buy it now $29.99 would that seem reasonable in your opinion, might have a look if it's been re-listed.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert