Cover-up

• Replies 38
  • Views 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Just wondering if any kindly souls out there could help out with high quality scans of the A and B sides of this single on Suemi - has to be the original, mind.

Thanking you in advance...

link

Buy the original , then do your own scan.

Social source share

Ive never seen the orginal, only the boot, so I for one would like to see it,

Its all about expanding your knowledge. Not all of us the oppertunity to see the reel thing.

Social source share

It looks exactly like that blue label Suemi bootleg but it's a kind of greeny blue colour and I think the label is moulded on, not stuck.  I've only seen one, at Mick Smith's.

link

HES A SCAN OF MINE

THE GASHER

ps i meant its a scan of mine not the actual record ..haha

post-1405-1123614523_thumb.jpg

Edited by The Gasher
Social source share

HES A SCAN OF MINE

THE GASHER

link

Nice :thumbsup: Thanks for that. Thats one record I have allways wanted to own on Original :D anyone got a value for it

Social source share

Just wondering if any kindly souls out there could help out with high quality scans of the A and B sides of this single on Suemi - has to be the original, mind.

link

:D So you have just had a Vinyl disk cut off of a CD & you want some lables to stick on it EH ! :thumbsup:

JB

Edited by jonbuck
Social source share

Nice :D   Thanks for that. Thats one record I have allways wanted to own on Original  :D   anyone got a value for it

link

I was offered one a couple of weeks ago @ $2000 :thumbsup:

Pretty sure Manship could fetch more if auctioned though.

Cheers,

Christian B

Social source share

Guest Soultown andy

Currently going for over 2 grand genuinley rare record,before you all jump in and say its not that much,try and buy one.

Social source share

Does anyone know the story of the boot? Granted I've never heard the original but the boot sounds so loud and crisp would be fooled to think it was legit.

Social source share

thats weird both these look blue on my screen

not the boot blue but nothing like the original green

link

[/quote

Its strange i tried to improve the colour but it made no difference it has a moulded label and the run out grooves have small pressed circle that has a 3mm gap at the top

Social source share

bought mine of Tommy Moloney from Bradford in 1988 for £80 got a slight label tear but who cares, the colour of the labels are a bit lighter than british racing green

Ted,

Got my last copy of Trevor Davis from Bradford late 70s for £18 2x copies from

Bradford think Ronnie Pedley also had a copy in York so 3 copies within 30 miles.

Cheers Ian

Social source share

Come to think of it - I actually think "Phoney people" is his

best recording. But then again - I've never heard a single

bad recording by Mr.Pride!

Cheers,

Christian B

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

..erh.. Groove Merchants is decent enough... these two however...! whistling.gif

link

Yeah, Man's World is bloody good, I think you've scanned the wrong side there Christian! :P

Doesn't quite touch Groove Merchants though IMHBVCO. :shhh:

Social source share

Come to think of it - I actually think "Phoney people" is his

best recording. But then again - I've never heard a single

bad recording by Mr.Pride!

Cheers,

Christian B

link

Christain think i have this, is it on gemco ?

Social source share

There's a Lou Pride Suemi 7" box set coming out soon. It will include his rarest (and best :( )recording, The Groove Merchants "Got To Be Somebody For Me" , Click here to listen to the first 60 seconds. (I'm still after a copy if anyone has one?).

link

Other side's better :thumbsup: heard an unreleased L pride track a year or so ago and that just blew me away & that's his best imo, closely followed by the non-southern cut of 'Your love is fading' :(

Aggree with Gareth the Albatross 45 is very good, recall seeing one on ebay a few months ago. Anyone remember final price?

hohooos in the hoot :yes:

Social source share

Other side's better :( heard an unreleased L pride track a year or so ago and that just blew me away & that's his best imo, closely followed by the non-southern cut of 'Your love is fading' :(

Aggree with Gareth the Albatross 45 is very good, recall seeing one on ebay a few months ago. Anyone remember final price?

hohooos in the hoot :yes:

link

Seen one Today on a list on the web but carnt remember where 250 quid I think wiill try retrace my traks and see if I can find it

'Your love is fading' Awsome Track :thumbsup:

Social source share

There's a Lou Pride Suemi 7" box set coming out soon. It will include his rarest (and best :unsure: )recording, The Groove Merchants "Got To Be Somebody For Me" , Click here to listen to the first 60 seconds. (I'm still after a copy if anyone has one?).

link

Great stuff. Picked up the Groove Merchants for $1 in memphis a few years back - it was on the floor of this record store, a bit scuffed, but plays fine,and the owner was looking through his books to try and price it, and couldn't find it listed anywehere :unsure: This was pre Manship / Brown books, and what a great record it is too.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert