• Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

A wonderful artist who has made records across the whole spectrum of soul music

True.

I always had his discs in my collection, and even saw him live at one of the Blackpool/Fleetwood weekenders, but it wasn't until I put his Kent CD in the car on one holiday drive that I truely appreciated his talents!! Sooooo many great recordings covering various Soul styles, as Shinehead states. (Oddly enough this is one of the few Kent CDs where the sleevenote could do with being more informative and longer.)

I'll scan his couple of Japanese 7" releases this week to add to this thread.

:D

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

His first 45 according to the discography:

post-4944-078781200 1286816716_thumb.jpgpost-4944-094607200 1286816717_thumb.jpg

Listening to the 45 I'm not sure, but can anyone confirm that this is indeed the same artist?

Yes, it definitely is our BP - Bobby told me so himself. He recorded it, and his other Future 45 "Tell Me How"/"Dear Debbie" in the auditorium of a high school in Dallas.

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Bobby Patterson is a funny man, the amount of times I almost crashed the car in Dallas laughing at (or trying to figure out) what he was saying on his radio show as it played in the car. :thumbsup:

When I was in Dallas one time I stopped by KKDA to leave some copies of the Westside CD thatI put together of his entire Jewel-Paula recordings. Within minutes, and along with my totally bewildered wife, I was on the air in the studio with him and part of that morning's broadcast.

Guy's a complete maniac in the studio, running at 200mph for the whole duration of his show and never missing a beat!

Great artist, too, of course...

Edited by TONY ROUNCE
Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Bobby Patterson - Right On Jody - Paula

post-225-082752200 1286698242_thumb.jpg

post-225-005027700 1286698249_thumb.jpg

Great track, one of my BP faves. He cut it first at FAME, at the same session as 'I'm In Love With You' , but that version is currently unissued...:thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert