Cee Lo Greene

Gasher

• Replies 26
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I like it, but it's no different from th retro soul sound of say Eli Paperboy Reed who gets slagged off on here for doing exactly the same thing but as a WHITE PERSON, no doubt because this guy is a black man this will be treated as real deal, 100% authentic soul from the very people who slagged EPR off.

Social source share

true Pedro..but its still amazin :lol::thumbsup:

I don't know if I'd call it amazing, it's "alright", I've forgotten it already but hey ho, anyway the point I'm making is, retro sound, retro video, there's no difference between this and the other 'retro' soul music of recent times, that's all.

Social source share

:thumbsup:

Wondered how long it'd take for this to surface on here.

Below are the official clean version that'll probably get hammered on the wireless & the Cee Lo track that's bieng doing the rounds on the Modern Scene for a while now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtkr5m_2K5A&feature=related

C'mon Martin, as much as I'm sure the record company will applaud your promotional efforts, the record's No.1 on the UK Pop chart and available at every local supermarket. :lol:

Call yourself a rare Soul collector ay? :shades:

Ian D :shades:

Social source share

C'mon Martin, as much as I'm sure the record company will applaud your promotional efforts, the record's No.1 on the UK Pop chart and available at every local supermarket. :lol:

Call yourself a rare Soul collector ay? :thumbsup:

Is it?

Show's how out of touch I am don't it...

Social source share

Is it?

Show's how out of touch I am don't it...

I bet you still think Top Of The Pops is on every Thursday @ 7.30 dontcha? :lol:

I only knew 'cos I flick through the midweek charts to keep an eye on things. Mind you, I think "Crazy" is one of the best records ever made in the same way that "Hey Ya" by OutKast was. Now if that ain't Northern I don't know what is LOL......

Ian D :thumbsup:

Social source share

I bet you still think Top Of The Pops is on every Thursday @ 7.30 dontcha? :lol:

I only knew 'cos I flick through the midweek charts to keep an eye on things. Mind you, I think "Crazy" is one of the best records ever made in the same way that "Hey Ya" by OutKast was. Now if that ain't Northern I don't know what is LOL......

Ian D :thumbsup:

So what does Jimmy Saville do now then???

Agreed r/e Crazy & that OutKast chappy & can I throw De La Soul into the reckoning too. '3 feet high & rising' one of the best albums ever regardless of genre.

Social source share

Call yourself a rare Soul collector ay? :thumbsup:

you must have a crystal ball ian ..........its not gonna be number 1 til t`morra lol

dave

Social source share

My favourite tune by Cee-Lo is "Right Now" which he did back in 2006 together with Jack Splash under the band name The Heart Attack. I don't know if it ever got a proper release, but it was featured in a movie and appeared on a Gnarls Barkley promo CD-R.

Have a listen: :rolleyes:

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

can anyone give me a reason why this shouldn't be in freebasing entertainment, where IMO it belongs? Fail to see what it has to do with Northern, Rare or even Modern Soul? It's a pop record.

If the thread was just about the first posted 'sounds like Soul' pop record I'd agree Chalky but it's now drifted over to include Cee - Lo's other titles that have been rather big on the Modern scene so think best left.

(see how I rather cleverly resisted saying F**k You LOL)

Social source share

If the thread was just about the first posted 'sounds like Soul' pop record I'd agree Chalky but it's now drifted over to include Cee - Lo's other titles that have been rather big on the Modern scene so think best left.

(see how I rather cleverly resisted saying F**k You LOL)

:hatsoff2: Richie will probably say that :( I haven't listened to the others yet, was just going by the first post. I've heard it several times and fail to see why it should be compared to Rare/Northern/Modern Soul.

Social source share

:thumbsup: Chalkster get some taste :thumbsup::cheese1::wicked::hatsoff2::(

or as cee lo would say F**K YOU :lol: :lol: :lol:laugh.gif:lol: :lol: :yes::D:yes::hatsoff2:

I think if you read my post mate I personally was not comparing it to

Rare/Northern/Modern Soul ...but it is definately soul none the less ok it may be 2010 soul but

he aint no rock singer..his other tracks are fantastic but just a bit late for you mate... wink.gif by about 45 years

you bloody 60's fans :no: :no: :no:

the gasher

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert