Suinoz

• Replies 18
  • Views 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Just interested to know if this was ever booted on a lookalike label, if so what's the differences ?? Thanks in advance. Sue.

Never seen a looka like boot,,,,

Loads of Columbia Special Product (red) and the "Sousan " Pussycat Boots about,,, a Good refrence is the Manship Guide with all the Boots pictured!!

Nige

Edited by Nige Brown
Social source share

Never seen a looka like boot,,,,

Loads of Columbia Special Product (red) and the "Sousan " Pussycat Boots about,,, a Good refrence is the Manship Guide with all the Boots pictured!!

Nige

Thanks Nige, how ill i tell an original when looking at it please? Need to know as someone is offering me a copy which seems a bit suspect. Oh and what a great day at Stoke the other Sunday, you had a chat to my other half Tony. ATB Sue. OZ,.

Social source share

Thanks Nige, how ill i tell an original when looking at it please? Need to know as someone is offering me a copy which seems a bit suspect. Oh and what a great day at Stoke the other Sunday, you had a chat to my other half Tony. ATB Sue. OZ,.

Yes it was a great First event,,, was lovely to see Tony again ,,the bugger never introduced me to you though Sue!

Theres a label scan below of the original Demo the issues i assume are RED!!

Good luck with your puchase,, hope to see u2 again soon

Nige x

PS Just a thoght Sue careful if suspect the seller isnt trying to off load a boot with a good label scan stuck over the boot label,,, this happens a lot on Evilbay!1,,, just a thoght!!

post-1851-003169700 1286355493_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nige Brown
Social source share

Tony

Original is slightly lighter label than the boot I dont have a original here to give you the matrix details but I'm sure someone will have them. Written by Paul Simon and not Van McCoy I got told is that true? anyone.

ATB Darren

Very true, the McCoy credits on the boot were, I suppose, to give it some credibility, but yes it was a Paul Simon composition.

Social source share

Very true, the McCoy credits on the boot were, I suppose, to give it some credibility, but yes it was a Paul Simon composition.

Many thanks for all the useful info guy's. Will see how it pans out, hopefully i will pick up a bargain !! Sue. OZ.

Social source share

Written by Paul Simon and not Van McCoy I got told is that true? anyone.

Here's Simon & Garfunkel's version:

And while I'm at it... here's Ola & The Janglers version as well...only issued on a flexi 7" in Sweden (thankfully, some might say... :lol:):

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

Tony

Original is slightly lighter label than the boot I dont have a original here to give you the matrix details but I'm sure someone will have them. Written by Paul Simon and not Van McCoy I got told is that true? anyone.

ATB Darren

The original looks absolutely nothing like the boot. The reissue is on the Columbia Special Products label.

Social source share

Yes it was a great First event,,, was lovely to see Tony again ,,the bugger never introduced me to you though Sue!

Theres a label scan below of the original Demo the issues i assume are RED!!

Good luck with your puchase,, hope to see u2 again soon

Nige x

PS Just a thoght Sue careful if suspect the seller isnt trying to off load a boot with a good label scan stuck over the boot label,,, this happens a lot on Evilbay!1,,, just a thoght!!

Thanks Nige. Hopefully we will see you at the Stoke allnighter NEXT October, Tony has been offered a guest spot for that one. Long way off and I will make sure he introduces me to you this time, cheeky bugger him !! ATB Sue. OZ.

Social source share

The original looks absolutely nothing like the boot. The reissue is on the Columbia Special Products label.

Pete

I've had a boot of the red original issue on a inferior quality label and slightly lighter in colour it may be what Nige Brown was on about earlier someone sticking a label over the top of a pussy cat release.

I think it might be here somewhere if it is I'll scan it up.

Cheers Darren

Edited by BROWNIE
Social source share

Here's the Original White & Red DEMO on STYRENE,

(The "JZSP" Stamped before the Matrix # signifies a DEMO, Normally the Stock Copy would have "ZSP")

None are easy to find, However The Original Red Stock Copy is extremely difficult in my Experience.

There is however a White & Black DEMO, Not sure on the Details for that one, also difficult to find.

COLUMBIA_4-44004-A_DJ_Matrix.gifCOLUMBIA_4-44004-B_DJ-1.gif

Social source share

Many, many (many!) moons ago I recall buying a WD for £20...had the choice of a grey or red print copy...went for the red one to match my other WDs on Columbia! It was also the most I'd ever spent on a disc...oh the irony as but a few weeks previous I had paid £6 for a Dottie Cambridge stock copy at which point I said to my mum that I'd never, ever, spend more than £6 on a record! A fabulous stomper of a track...a true scene classic.

I was young, very young....bless!

:yes:

Social source share

Tony

ATB Darren

Paul Simon also plays the main acoustic guitar on the track and is the backing vocalist "You dont begin to comprehend"

:thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert