Anybody Got Info On This Fella Please

Just giving my bedroon a bit of a tidy and came across a flyer ( laminated,so a bit posh then) for The Queens Hall in Widnes dated 1st May 1992....A couple of

questions......J.J Barnes was in the main room and Rich was in the modern room.....l never went there even though l lived the first 17 years of my life in the town l never went to Soul-Do there......l 'm sure that l could google this but where's the fun in that? lronically enough this was my dads name and he also was a professional singer but he died in 77 so it surely wasn't him.........but any info would be gratefully accepted.......Thanks a milllion!!

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

it is Rick Webb......just phoned up my mate to have a look on my bed......any info,Chalks?

I've one track on my PC called "Think About It" from a Soul Sauce comp (vol 3) of Dickies. Dunno if there is anything in the sleeve notes about him, I'll have a look when I get the chance.

Social source share

just found this one on youtube.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJ8fWpJUMIU

The record label is Washington Hit Makers and Rick Webb was the vice president of it. He released an album called Sitting On Your Doorstep which I have somewhere but never played it so I can't say what it's like.

The Maxx Kidd on the label scan is Carl Maxx Kidd of the Enjoyables on Shrine fame.

Edited by simon t
Social source share

Webby

From The Who's Who In Soul Music

"Born in Virginia, Rick moved to Washington DC at the age of 15. Here he sang backing vocals with The Dominoes, later fronting The Raw Band for five years, releasing 'Don't Keep Me Waiting' on the Universal Creations label (1988). In 1989 he released a solo single 'Sitting On Your Doorstep' and worked on an album with Al Johnson and Willie Lester for the Washington Hit Makers"

Mick

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert