Joanie Sommers

Gasher

see this on the evilbay

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Joanie-Sommers-Why-Dont-You-Do-Right-Warner-Brother-/110592489110?pt=UK_Records&hash=item19bfd37696

claims to be a one known copy?? but is that due to it being single sider

or is it just rare.?????

Cant remember it being played anywhere if IM honest.. :yes: in all my years

and does it exist on issue..

I know there is a 2 sided demo but its only £100...so is £600...really worth it..

NIMB.

enlighten me

gasher

Social source share

• Replies 18
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

see this on the evilbay

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Joanie-Sommers-Why-Dont-You-Do-Right-Warner-Brother-/110592489110?pt=UK_Records&hash=item19bfd37696

claims to be a one known copy?? but is that due to it being single sider

or is it just rare.?????

Cant remember it being played anywhere if IM honest.. :yes: in all my years

and does it exist on issue..

I know there is a 2 sided demo but its only £100...so is £600...really worth it..

NIMB.

enlighten me

gasher

They claim half their records are only known or two only known copies.

doesn't even look UK, might be the scan colour.

But if it is - who in their right mind would really believe there's only one copy?

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

They claim half their records are only known or two only known copies.

doesn't even look UK, might be the scan colour.

But if it is - who in their right mind would really believe there's only one copy?

Definitely UK - all early WB demos are pinkish purple, I have a couple of Everly Brothers like this.

Oh yes, and I have one of these, too.

Wouldn't have said it was in any way 'rare' on stocker or even on demo - I bought mine from a UK oldies shop less than 2 years ago, and I only paid about 10-15 quid for it.

Oh, and I got both 'halves' for that, too...

Edited by TONY ROUNCE
Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

I just had a flick through...questionable statements indeed on some of the titles :yes:

Azie Mortimer 'thought to be withdrawn' :lol:...

...by whom, exactly? Just this seller, presumably.

What a plank.!

Social source share

Azie Mortimer 'thought to be withdrawn' :yes:...

...by whom, exactly? Just this seller, presumably.

What a plank.!

The problem here is, I've had this seller email me and tell me to stop slagging them off on soul source, but the thing is, if you make crazy statements about records, then you have to be prepared to have them discussed and sometimes disproved. If you put an outrageous price on a record, it will be discussed. It doesn't mean you dislike the seller! All this "one known copy" stuff is a dangerous game to play. This is why I was commenting recently on people paying ridiculous prices for a £5 pink Island single by jackie & Millie which was listed at over £100 by this seller. And the people who've now got it really think it's a rare record because so and so says it is.

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

130381379107.jpg

I noticed he had this for sale , I have always loved this record and he's right , very underplayed :lol:

Been looking for one of these myself but I really don't think it''s worth that sort of price...

You may or may not know that they became the Soul Survivors of 'Expressway To Your Heart' fame.

Social source share

Been looking for one of these myself but I really don't think it''s worth that sort of price...

You may or may not know that they became the Soul Survivors of 'Expressway To Your Heart' fame.

Suprised you don't have one already...the 100 Club used to be awash with them when Ady used to play it there.

Never made that group connection...thanks for that.

:wicked:

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Suprised you don't have one already...the 100 Club used to be awash with them when Ady used to play it there.

...probably at a time when I was not awash with money, as I was(n't) during most of the 80s (things haven't changed much...)

Actually don't recall hearing it until comparatively recently, so it may have been that I'd more or less given up going to the 100 Club niters by the time that Ady was playing it.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert