Another Bunch Of Cheap Goodies

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Some more randomly selected cheap bits from the gradually diminishing spares boxes!

SPENCER WIGGINS I'm A Poor Man's Son/That's How Much I Love You (Goldwax) NM - £10.00

Terrific two-sider, one a trippy dancer and the other a 100% certified Southern Soul classic. Has a drill hole, not going through any part of the text. Great record however you like your Memphis soul!

BARBARA CARR Messing With My Mind (Bar-Car) NM - £8.00

Excellent version not as thumpy as Clarence Carter's but still floor-worthy...

ZINGARA Getting' Down/Love's Calling (Wheel) NM - £8.00

'Love's Calling' is the killer here, of course heart wrenching 80s balladry written and produced by Lamont Dozier, with incredible vocal by James Ingram, no less!

LILY FIELDS Love Has So Many Meanings (Sunburst) NM - £8.00

Unbeatable Mecca/Ritz/everywhere classic from the mid 70s . A big favourite of my old pal Les Cokell (R.I.P), a man who always knew a good record when he heard one...

MARY WELLS If You Can't Give Her Love (Reprise DEMO same track both sides) EX - £8.00

Top-notch version of Bobby Womack floater from his 'Fact Of Life' album. Produced by Womack, who plays guitar and exchanged a few words with Mary on the intro. Every home should have at least one!

WILLIE TOMLIN Check Me Baby (Peacock) EX++ - £15.00

Attention Mod Jazz-New Breed fans, this is the answer disc to Dr. Horse's "Jack, That Cat Was Clean"! Been enjoying this one since the late 60s and it never gets old...

BILL HARRIS UPTOWN SATURDAY NIGHT (Warner Brothers) NM - £8.00

Massive tune in its day Van McCoy's magic's all over the grooves!

BUDDY TURNER You're What's Missing In My Life (Ocean DEMO same both sides) NM - £10.00

'Modern Soul' gem from the around the first Thorne era and before great Philly soul from the Formations/Silent Majority/Corner Boys lead singer (record's actually produced by the group)

THE PATTERSON SINGERS THAT'S UNDERSTANDING/WORKING TOGETHER (Atco) NM - £8.00

Best eight quid's worth you'll find anywhere on SS today mindblowingly great Southern Soul, one of the best records of the early 70s IMO.

MISTURA The Flasher (Fusion) EX - £6.00

Seldom seen on US these days (some might say that's a good thing, I suppose) nice copy of this once massive record that seems to have been almost airbrushed out of Northern Soul's existence.

MISTURA Life Is a Song Worth Singing (Fusion) EX - £6.00

...Can't have one without the other!

DENISE LA SALLE The Right Track/Too Late To Check Your Trap (Parka) EX+ £10.00 ON HOLD

Good Hi-recorded version of Billy Butler c/w 'A Love Reputation' Part Two, all for less than the price of your average round of drinks!

BRUCE CHANNEL It's Me (Mala DEMO) EX++ £8.00

Original 70s Popcorn classic, and miles better than Johnny Copeland's version. I often used to close with it at 6T's in the old West Hampstead days. Superb record in every way

THE PIONEERS MY GOOD FRIEND JAMES (UK Mercury) NM - £60.00 ON HOLD

Cleaner than clean copy of this 'Marmite' record (i.e. you either love it or hate it)

ARCHIE BELL & THE DRELLS TIGHTEN UP (Atlantic DEMO) VG+ish - £8.00

Monarch pressing, therefore styrene. Surface marked, but plays just fine. This is the first demo, with 'Dog Eat Dog' credited as the 'Plug Side'.

THE ISLEY BROTHERS Write To Me/Your Old Lady (Atlantic) EX £10.00

Two wonderful sides from the early 60s, produced by Leiber & Stoller. 'Your Old Lady' is a great new breed-cum mod jazzer, "Write To Me" is a fabulous piece of Big City Soul. Drill holed, but not through any part of the label copy.

...That'll do you for this week!

PM me if you fancy anything preferred method of payment is PayPal as a gift.

P & P to the UK £1.00 for first record + 25p per record thereafter for more than one record.

P & P elsewhere I'll wrap the package and quote you the exact price that the Post Office quotes me!

Thanks for looking...

Edited by TONY ROUNCE
Social source share

• Replies 1
  • Views 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Some more randomly selected cheap bits from the gradually diminishing spares boxes!

ZINGARA Getting' Down/Love's Calling (Wheel) NM - £8.00

'Love's Calling' is the killer here, of course heart wrenching 80s balladry written and produced by Lamont Dozier, with incredible vocal by James Ingram, no less!

Thanks for looking...

Tony , Zingara's version is nice but Garland Green's version on Ocean Front is achingly soulful ....

Edited by sunnysoul
Social source share

This is the Sales Forum
Use the site PM (personal message) system for any trading discussion

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert