Bob Babbitt Motown Soul

Dean

Amongst the plethora of Motown CDs from the vaults that are around now, does anyone know if there's one with Bob Babbitt - Gospel truth or Running Like A Rabbit. included. This was unissue SOUL S35101 from 1973. I can't see one.

Several years ago when I'd just started buying again and got into ebay I saw an acetate of Running Like A Rabbit go through but missed it (not being used to ebay bidding at the time). Big regret that one. It may be rubbish, never heard either track, just want to satisfy my curiosity about the sound.

Bob was (is?) a great respected bass player on some of Motowns great tracks as well as other soul items (including Darrell Banks and J J Barnes)

Discography here: https://www.bobbabbitt.com/disc.htm makes impressive reading and just increases my curiosity of what his own track would sound like.

Social source share

• Replies 1
  • Views 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Amongst the plethora of Motown CDs from the vaults that are around now, does anyone know if there's one with Bob Babbitt - Gospel truth or Running Like A Rabbit. included. This was unissue SOUL S35101 from 1973. I can't see one.

Several years ago when I'd just started buying again and got into ebay I saw an acetate of Running Like A Rabbit go through but missed it (not being used to ebay bidding at the time). Big regret that one. It may be rubbish, never heard either track, just want to satisfy my curiosity about the sound.

Bob was (is?) a great respected bass player on some of Motowns great tracks as well as other soul items (including Darrell Banks and J J Barnes)

Discography here: https://www.bobbabbitt.com/disc.htm makes impressive reading and just increases my curiosity of what his own track would sound like.

I'll take it that neither track is on a compliation then . . . . :rolleyes:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert