Dig Deeper Documentary

Guest Dante

I suppose some of you already know about this,, but I thought it might be worth sharing it here. This came through Richard Lewis' (aka DJ Honky) mailing list:

Dig Deeper Documentary - Over a year ago, we were approached by an amazing filmmaker, Katherine Brown, who saw Lenis Guess at Dig Deeper and asked if she could document what we were doing. She's shot several of our shows, the rehearsals, the unseen moments, and has put together a trailer giving a taste of what goes on behind the scenes at Dig Deeper:

https://www.indiegogo.com/Dig-Deeper-

Thus far, she has been funding her project out of her own pocket - she is looking for help to fund the completion, most importantly to film the upcoming Brooklyn Soul Festival. Whether or not you are able to help, we hope you'll enjoy the trailer, and get a glimpse into all the hard work we put into making these shows happen. Please pass the link on to anyone you know who might want to help support a very soulful independent film!

Edited by Dante
Social source share

• Replies 15
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I suppose some of you already know about this,, but I thought it might be worth sharing it here. This came through Richard Lewis' (aka DJ Honky) mailing list:

Hi Dante

The trailer looks fantastic, everytime I get an email from Richard it makes me jealous and wish I lived in the states close to NYC or was rich enoough to fly over.

Phil

Social source share

Thank you for the kind words all, really hope enough people can each throw a few pennies Katherine's way so she can keep filming, it would be amazing to have a true visual record of these shows, just 2 weeks until the weekender, would be great to see some of you make it over (including from Japan of course good fella!!)

Best, Michael and Richard

Social source share

I'll second Michael's reply - We were so flattered when Katherine contacted us about doing the documentary, and we've been really impressed with everything she has put together thus far. She's putting a ton of effort into this film.

Look forward to seeing several of you over here in just 2 weeks time for the Soul Festival! Good grief, there's a lot to get done in that time!!

- honky

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert