Reduced Price Sale - Some Stuff Up To 50% Off - New Prices Now In Red

PM or email me on mail@resolutionrecords.co.uk

Here's a link to all of the soundfiles and scans to these items below - originally posted last week....

NEW PRICES IN RED

Cheers...Mark

(1) 7" Singles – all genres:

The Mighty Voices Of Jericho 'Everybody Wants To Go To Heaven (Nobody Wants To Die)' (Abaros / USA / 1960s / Ex+) £20 £12

( Sublime Sweet male group Gospel Soul with a strong social message that just builds and builds… )

First Class 'Me And My Gemini' (All Platinum / USA / 1976 / M-) £5 £3

( Stone mint copy of this excellent little 70s Northern floater – written by The Moments, more from them later – good instrumental flip too which would 'disco blend' nicely, methinks… )

Linda Lewis 'So Many Mysteries To Find' / 'This Time I'll Be Sweeter' (Arista / UK / 1976 / Ex) £8 £4

( Under-rated artist who actually did some great stuff during her long career – 2 top sides here – one a floating, 2 Step 'Cosmic' style 2 Step groover and the flip a full on NS dancer – bit crackly so priced down from the usual £15… )

Sonlight 'Let's Help Them See The Light' / 'Ask The Lord' (Aspro / USA / 1982 / VG+) £30 £20

( Gospel Soul produced by the legendary 'Otis G Johnson' and actually sounds like an outtake from the Leo's Sunship LP as produced by Roy Ayers…!! Super summer vibes…has a coupla light pops here and there which I'll attend to before I ship – nothing serious… )

Jeanie Greene 'I've Been A Long Time Loving You' / 'Sure As Sin' (Atco / USA / 1960s / M-) £40 £30

( Such a good double-sider – topside is bold-as-brass Northern Soul with a big horn section and a booming rhythm groove – while the flip is equally worthy in a kinda 'Funky Sister Soul' vein – a stone mint WD promo copy too )

The Marvels 'Voodoo Hurt' (Bishop / USA / 1960s / M-) £30 £20

( Proper R&B from a Golden Age – 1961 / 1962 – grab a listen – outstanding… )

Ray Charles & The Supremes 'Things Go Better With Coke' (Coca-Cola / USA / 1960s / Ex+/Ex+) £20 £10 HOLD

( Rare Radio/Promo jingle 7″ done to advertise Coke in the 60s – Big Daddy Ray takes one side while Diana Ross and the girls take the other – lovely 45 – pure 60s kitsch with a great 'period' pic sleeve too – very, very rare…. )

Richard Anthony 'Ya Ya Twist +3′ (Columbia EP / France / 1960s / Ex+/Ex+) £20 £12

( Rare EP on Richard Anthony – 4 well-worthy 'Club / Twist' tracks but the winner here has to be 'Ya Ya Twist' which is a great vocal version of the Lee Dorsey tune – great 6Ts pic baggie here too – lovely item… )

Tony Owens 'Gotta Get My Baby Back Home' / 'Confessin' A Feelin' (Cotillion / USA / 1960s / Ex+) £8 £5

( Worthwhile Soul double-sider from little-celebrated Tony Owens – one side nice Xover Northern and the other more midtempo… )

Russell Morris 'The Real Thing Ps 1 & 2′ (Decca / UK / 1969 / M-) £50£40

( Stone, stone mint Demo copy of this ever-indemand Mod / Psyche 45 – just builds and builds – outstanding stuff and I believe this copy to be unplayed… )

Pat Lundy 'Another Lovin' Kind Of Feeling' / 'One Woman' (Deluxe / USA / 196os / M-) £20

( I L-O-V-E Pat's voice – it's one of the best from this era and she really makes these tunes here own – topside is outstanding Sister Funk while the flip is a brill deepie – buy with confidence – unplayed copy here, guaranteed…. )

Bongi and Nelson 'That's The Kind Of Love' / 'I Was So Glad' (E.S.C. / France / 1960s / Ex+/Ex+) £50 £30 HOLD

( Believe it or not, this stunning, pure Northern Soul double-sider is actually by Myriam Makeba and her daughter…please take a listen and tell me this isn't amazing…great pic sleeve too… )

Positive Change 'Love Of A Lifetime' / 'This Is Where I'll Be' (Expansion / UK / 2000 / M-) £8 £4

( Now tuff to find in it's own right… )

Sugar Billy 'Super Duper Love Pts 1 & 2′ (Fast Track / USA / 1974 / M-)£8 £4 HOLD

( Great little funky soul tune in it's own right – as also covered and made massive by Joss Stone on her 'Are You Diggin' On Me' smash…superb stuff… )

The King Pins 'I Won't Have It' / 'Two Hearts' (Federal / USA / 1960s / M-) £10 £5 HOLD

( Cracking R&B / early-Northern Soul on this standout old label – appears to be unplayed… )

Freddy King 'High Rise' (Federal / USA / 1960s / VG+) £5 £3

( Ditto the above – cool, Bluesy-R&B from one of the Masters…. )

Gloria Lynne 'Speaking Of Happiness' (Fontana / USA / 1960s / Ex+) £30£20 HOLD

( Lovely copy – only selling it a bit cheaper than usual cos it came in a bit less than I normally have to pay… )

Yusef Lateef 'Sister Mamie Pts 1 & 2′ (Impulse! / USA / 1960s / M-) £40£25

( Rare, rare, rare 7″ press for this stunning Modal Jazz workout from Lateef – SO hard to find on 7″… )

Marcia Aitken 'Still In Love With You Boy' (Joe Gibbs / Jamaica / 1970s / Ex+) £12 £6

( THE best version to the Trinity '3 Piece Suit' riddim – as also used to massive acclaim by Althea & Donna on 'Uptown Top Ranking'…nice OG 70s press copy here – fair price too… )

Dennis Brown 'Ain't That Lovin' You Pts 1 & 2′ (Laser / UK / 1979 / 1979)£5 £2

( Dennis Brown has one of THE sweetest voices in the whole of Black Music – period! Here he uses it to great effect on this ace cover version of the William Bell / Homer Banks classic – stunning copy – appears to be unplayed…good DJ lick on the flip… )

David Sea 'I'm In The Mood' (Magic City / USA / 1980s / M-) £5 £2

( Another Modern Soul 7″ I remember buying as a new release back in the 80s… )

Jimmy Tate 'Get Some Dues' / 'Please Come Back' (Mid-Tune / USA / 1960s / Ex+) £40 £20

( 'Nuther rarie – 2 great sides – ace NS on the top and a much-collected deepie on the flip…

Ruth Brown 'Mama (He Treats Your Daughter Mean)' (Philips / USA / 1960s / Ex+) £30 £20

( Lovely WD promo copy of this seminal Ruth Brown cut – AMAZING voice…. )

Gloria Ann Taylor 'World That's Not Real' (Columbia / USA / 1970s / Ex+)£60 £30

( Stone mint copy of this ever-indemand Sister Funk 45 with very strong Soul undertones – simply a stunner… )

Pop Stampley and The Stampley Singers 'Who Do You Blame' (Siest Stars / USA / 1970s / M-) £15 £8

Great uplifting Gospel / Modern Soul from the Windy City – I remember Arthur Fenn and Soul Sam playing this at Modern Soul do's back in the early-80s….has to be rare…??

Byron Lee & The Dragonaires 'The Record' (Soul / Jamaica / 1960s / Ex)£30 £20

( Rare early JA press for this Reggae-fied / R&B version of the ace Ben E. King Northern fave – given that lovely 'Islands' feel thru the vocal magic of Ken Lazarus – again – some surface marks but a very nice player… )

The 5th Dimension 'California Soul' (Soul City / USA / 1960s / M-) £12 £6

( M- copy of this rare version of the Marlena Shaw tune – right up there with the best versions – outstanding intro… )

Diana Ross & The Supremes 'He's My Sunny Boy' (Tamla Motown / UK / 1968 / Ex+ £5 £2

( Few marks here and there so graded / priced nice and low for y'all… )

Syreeta 'Black Maybe' (Tamla Motown / France / 1974 / M-/M-) £15 £8

( Did ya know Syreeta was / is Rita Wright who gave us the wonderful 'Touch Me, Take Me' biggie on Jet? Well – s'true. she was also married to Stevie Wonder for a while and this for me is just a G-E-N-I-U-S tune – thx Mel – pure "Black Consciousness" that normally only gets released on labels like Black Jazz / Strata-East etc – definitely not for the masses…written / produced and loved by the Master that is Stevie Wonder…STAND UP, SIR DUKE… )

Judy Mowatt 'Cry To Me' (Torpedo / UK / 1975 / Ex+) £15 £8

( More wonderful 'Reggae-Got-Soul' on this List – here we have the much-talented Judy Mowatt doing a stunning version of the Solomon Burke track – beginning to attract interest from Northern Soul collectors so better grab one quick – middle is dinked but otherwise A1… )

Indigo 'I've Never Done This Before' / 'Inst' (VC / USA / 1980 / M-) £25 £15

( Rare One…! First 'spare' copy of this I've ever had / seen…!! First class Modern Soul tune with strong dancefloor appeal and extremely good vocals – instrumental b side also sounds great… )

The Monitors 'Bring Back The Love' (V.I.P / USA / 1960s / Ex) £6 £3

( Quality Northern from these Motown 'backroom boys' – just a classic sound… )

E. Rodney Jones & Larry and the Hippies Band 'Football' / 'Right On-Right On (Sex Machine') (Westbound / USA / 1972 / M-) £15 £8

( Stone Mint copy of this excellent double-sider – topside is slept-on Northern Soul while the flip is a great, brassy Funk banger – E. Rodney Jones was a mouthy Chicago DJ who also carved out a recording career on the back of his outrageous DJ displays…two copies here and the first taker gets the promo… )

Chaz 'Go For Love' (Zanzibar / USA / 1985 / M-) £15 £8

( Cracking Modern Soul and one I remember getting absolutely CANED on the scene as a new release…TUNE… )

(2) 12" Singles

Linda Clifford 'Runaway Love' (Curtom / UK / 1978 / M-) £15 £8

( OG UK Curtom press for this ace Boogie tune – clocking in at over 7:00 long…lovely copy… )

1203 – scan | soundfile

Community People 'Education Wrap' / 'Inst' (Delmar / USA / 1980 / Ex+) £30

( Rare, early Disco / Rap piece – Delmar Donnell was an early Disciple of Patrick Adams and Peter Brown – and it shows…brilliant conga breakdown too – actually reminds me a LOT of Cloud One's 'Patty Duke' rhythm… )

Chaka Khan 'What 'Cha Gonna Do For Me' (WB / UK / 1981 / M-/M-) £30£15

( Rare, UK-only 12″ release for this epic Chaka cut – no equivalent US press exists so far as I know…this copy seems unplayed too…another huge N.Y.C. club tune in the early-80s… )

Major Lee Vincente 'Let Me Take You Higher' (Goldrush / USA / 1970s / M-) £20 £10

( Good Boogie tune here – much indemand – and here we get a one-sided promo copy too – no bad thing that we don't need to look at the awful pic sleeve the regular issue copy comes in…good tune with a really driving bassline… )

LPs:

The AB's 'The AB's' (Moon / Japan / 1983 / M-/M-) £30 £20

( Rare, rare Jap Fusion set with the big 'Deja Vu' track but the whole LP is good – music from a bygone era…I have personally never even SEEN this before…stone, stone minter…

The Three Sounds 'Blue Genes' (Verve (gatefold) / USA / 1960s / Ex+/VG+) £5 £3 HOLD

( Cool 'Baptist Beat' from a golden era – sleeve is nice but wax is a bit crackly so priced low – few nice tunes on this but 'Blue Genes' stood out for me… )

Cannonball Adderley 'Soul Zodiac' (Capitol (Dbl LP / USA / 1972 / Ex+/Ex+/Ex+) £30 £20

( Lovely and clean copy of a wonderful LP – produced by David Axelrod, narrated by Rick Holmes and overseen by Cannonball himself – standout track? 'Cancer', I reckon – pure bunkum mystic spiritualism set to a cosmic beat… )

Joe Carroll 'Man With A Happy Sound' (Charlie Parker / UK / 1960s / Ex+/M-) £10 £5

( Rare Blues LP that I've only ever had / seen once before? Bset cut on this is the clubby version of 'Route 66′ here which is extremely good – as originally done by Chuck Berry, The Rolling Stones etc etc…beautiful condition and on a very rare UK label too… )

Marlena Shaw 'Marlena' (Blue Note / USA / 1972 / Ex+/M-) £20 £10

( Barely played…definitely one of Ms Shaw's trickier 70s LPs to find – lovely condition again – and worth the £20 alone for her amazing interpretation of Marvin Gaye's 'Save The Children' from 'What's Goin On' – awesome flute parts from whomever the flautist was on this session…!

James Brown 'Hell' Polydor / USA / 1974 / USA / Ex+/Ex+) £40 £25 HOLD

( Very strong copy 'Papa Don' Take No Mess' etc …one of JB's finest…barely played… )

Ray Bryant And His Combo 'Dancing The Big Twist' (Philips / UK / 1960s / Ex+/Ex) £6 £3

( 'Molasses' – big old Jazz Dance / Rocking track – ask Snowboy… )

Charles 'Good For Ya' (Ham-Sem / USA / 1980s / M-/M-) £15 £8

( 'Make Out' – great Modern Soul dancer…I've seen this go for $100 on the evil one.. )

Kinsman Dazz 'Dazz' (20th Century / USA / 1979 / M-/M-) £15 £10

( 'Love Design' killer Brazilian Boogie…tuff, tuff LP to pick up… )

Doris Duke 'Woman' (Contempo / UK / 1976 / M-/M-) £25 £15

( 'Woman Of The Ghetto' – UK original – backed up by Ultrafunk and The Armada Orchestra… )

Gwen McCrae 'Rockin Chair' (Cat / USA / 1975 / Ex+/Ex+) £20 £10

( '90% Of Me Is You' , 'Rockin Chair' – beautiful copy… )

Masquerade 'Take Your Mask Off' (K-2 / USA / 1980s /M-/M-) £20 £10

( Rare Modern Soul / Boogie LP…very, very popular with French collectors – gleaming copy here… )

Mel and Tim 'Mel and Tim' (Stax / USA / 1974 / Ex+/M-) £20 £12

( 'Keep The Faith' – light ringwear – superb vinyl…. )

Ganet Mimms 'I'll Take Good Care Of You' (UA . USA / 1960s / Ex+/Ex+) £25 £15

( 'Looking For You' – Northern Soul anthem )

Mtume 'Kiss This World Goodbye' (Epic / USA / 1978 / Ex+/Ex+) £15 £10

( 'Theme For The People' – excellent LP – with the free poster too… )

Universal Robot Band 'Dance And Shake Your Tambourine' (Red Greg / USA /1977 / Ex/Ex+) £25 £20

( 'Dance And Shake…' and 'Space Disco' etc etc…rarest LP (apart from the French boner…light seam wear to sleeve – nuttin bad… )

Art Webb 'Love Eyes' (Atlantic / USA / 1977 / M-/M-) £15 £8

( 'You Can't Hide Love – stunning flute-led version…' )

Thx, all...Mark

Edited by Guest
Social source share

• Replies 2
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

This is the Sales Forum
Use the site PM (personal message) system for any trading discussion

Get involved with Soul Source