James Brown-Lost Someone-Polydor

Guest Neil Taylor

Guest Neil Taylor

james brown-lost someone-polydor

Is this only available on the HELL album from 1974,or was it released as a 45.

Some sound clip`s i`ve listened to state 45, and other`s say album only.

regard`s.....Neil.

Social source share

• Replies 30
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

regard`s.....Neil.

There's a 1961 (I think) track by James called 'Lost Someone' on 45 - totally different song though. Might be where the confusion lies?

Edited by Jason S
Social source share

Guest Neil Taylor

Your right Jason two different cut`s,i`m leaning towards album only.

beautiful track,nice early 7ts thing with that hammond vibe and probably mr brown stroking the key`s.

Hope your well mate

Neil.

Social source share

regard`s.....Neil.

Lost Someone (Hell Lp) is awesome, famously played at Essence amongst other places by Steve Plumb (and i imagine others)..but there is also another killer album only track by JB that in my opinion..blows it away...Keep looking..thumbsup.gif

Brett

Edited by Brett F
Social source share

..."You Took My heart" off the Get Up Offa That Thing, per chance? Killer, that one. Or maybe "So Long" off the Hot LP. Two modern winners there. yes.gif

Hi Jason, no none of those fine tracks, but still better to these ears. Not gonna say what it is, thats part of the pleasure of finding music and discovering things that work for you. (me). Always galls me a touch when I see posts asking for best this, best that lists ! Plenty of soul out there, always enjoyed the aspect of discovering things that work for me, not really interested in what other people like as we are individuals and I certainly wouldn't want someone to pick my clothes, food or women. LOL

Brett

HAMBURG SOUL WEEKENDER-ALLDAYER-HAMBURGER BOTSCHAFT

02.10.2010 ------Sternstrasse 67---------14:00 - 20:00 Afternoon Soul Session

Matt Fox (Rare Rillen, Cologne), Lord Helgoland (Kiel), The Mrs. HaleBobs (Hamburg), Markus Gora (www.goodchoicerecords.de)

Inger (Delicious Biscuits), Poly Rhythym (LeFonque), Ulf Reh (Spellbound), Doc Schlucki (Schlucksound Int.)

Tony Tornado (the mighty president of the Ultra Rare Soul Assis Hamburg), Brett Franklin (UK)

Edited by Brett F
Social source share

Just checked and... OOOppps!! - it's not "So long" but "How long" on Scotti Bros 12" :rolleyes:

Sorry about that, yet another very similar title from James! :lol:

We all make mistakes from time to time don't we... hope it didn't get you all excited for nothing. :lol:

But it's another good track by James all the same :rolleyes:

haha! - intrigued more than excited, with maybe a pinch of disbelief thrown in hypo.gif

Whereas you seemed to be having yourself a ball over there...or was it a balls up wink.gif

Social source share

Hi Jason, no none of those fine tracks, but still better to these ears. Not gonna say what it is, thats part of the pleasure of finding music and discovering things that work for you. (me). Always galls me a touch when I see posts asking for best this, best that lists ! Plenty of soul out there, always enjoyed the aspect of discovering things that work for me, not really interested in what other people like as we are individuals and I certainly wouldn't want someone to pick my clothes, food or women. LOL

Brett

HAMBURG SOUL WEEKENDER-ALLDAYER-HAMBURGER BOTSCHAFT

02.10.2010 ------Sternstrasse 67---------14:00 - 20:00 Afternoon Soul Session

Matt Fox (Rare Rillen, Cologne), Lord Helgoland (Kiel), The Mrs. HaleBobs (Hamburg), Markus Gora (www.goodchoicerecords.de)

Inger (Delicious Biscuits), Poly Rhythym (LeFonque), Ulf Reh (Spellbound), Doc Schlucki (Schlucksound Int.)

Tony Tornado (the mighty president of the Ultra Rare Soul Assis Hamburg), Brett Franklin (UK)

Thats one, if not the best thing I've ever read on this forum.

Well said sir.

BH

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Had a lot of fun with this over the years.

A sleeping giant!

:rolleyes:

Sean

Sean, that's really nice mate, just so much good stuff out there below the surface.

Ok, not at all danceable (which suits me) but I've gotta thank you for turning me on to the below. GREAT!

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

I think Marva Whitney's version is superb: :rolleyes:

Listened to the track many times before but gotta say that's the mutt's nuts of a video clip, excellent and straight away into to my faves list on there.

Social source share

Sean, that's really nice mate, just so much good stuff out there below the surface.

Ok, not at all danceable (which suits me) but I've gotta thank you for turning me on to the below. GREAT!

Yep - "I Cried" is an absolute STUNNER!

Probably my favourite JB track mate.

Not everyone's cup of tea... but then you're a Man of great taste!

Sean

Social source share

Yep - "I Cried" is an absolute STUNNER!

Probably my favourite JB track mate.

Not everyone's cup of tea... but then you're a Man of great taste!

Sean

That's my favourite too,a reminder that JB was one of the most intense deep soul singers of them all.

Social source share

Lost Someone WHAT A TUNE!!! Currently part of my playlist and played off the Album. Best version IMHO although in it's own right the original 45 is a really lovely ballad. whatever version you prefer it's CLASS with a capitol C

best regards

Neil

regard`s.....Neil.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert