• Replies 11
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Hi Pete,

We were talking about this track at the 'Wash' yesterday - As far as I can tell it was only out on 2 LPs, no 45 of it that I know of.

This one being the MFP 'live' LP - as you know not really live, just with an audience clapping on the intro:

post-5094-075992800 1285008914_thumb.jpg

There also was another album in the US on Bell, with (I think) the same tracks, but it wasn't called 'Live' but released around the same time circa1973 to cash in on the popularity the group was having at that time on Philly Int / CBS

I'm almost certain this album has the same live effects though.

If this Youtube clip is correct, it's taken from the Bell LP

https://il.youtube.com/watch?v=xTZ-DrdXxok&feature=related

Of course there's at least a couple more versions of this song also worth a listen - Timothy Wilson on Buddah and Stage IV on Millie

Social source share

the o'jays - "back on top" u.s. bell not sure of the year as it doesn't say on the label or sleeve, ive played "just another girl" a few times at york, have to play it early doors though, couldn't possibly cue it up to miss those crowd noises after a few beers

HI TREV

I PLAYED IT OUT AT THE WEEKEND OFF THE MFP ALBUM (MANAGING TO CUE IT IN WITHOUT THE NOISE) :thumbsup::lol:

ITS A GREAT TRACK.

PETE

Social source share

hi pete, theres another version by the stage 4 on millie records thats just as good

Hi Trev ,have to disagree or should i say ,i'll agree to disagree

O'jays is my fave version and i had the same dilemna myself regarding the intro .....always wished there was another cut that didnt have the crowd roar ,but by the nature of the scene ...we have to accept these things eh:thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert