David Gest's Soul Spectacular

I saw his show in London last year which had an almost equally great lin-up, BUT it was full of twats who were there to get pissed up and kept getting up for another drink. Hopefully there won't be a bar. Other than that and David Gest who was a real tosser it was great!

Dead right Paul :unsure:

Look through the hype and glitz and actually see the quality Soul folks he has lined up!

It's worth putting up with naff jokes, the dwarf, the jungle and that woman he knows who has a name very similar to a womans front bum to see some real Soul talent thumbsup.gif

He does have to be commended for putting the whole thing together that's for sure!

Cheers

Steve

ps Mr Dewhirst if you're reading this, re our conversation at Goodwood, can you see about persuading the powers that be to get Mr Lamont Dozier to do a one-off concert where he plays all his classic solo stuff (& Holland Dozier with him on lead). We'll get a poll going and the top 20 will be his playlist for the evening........................sorry just dozed off there for a minute and was dreaming, it'd be rather nice though :D

Social source share

• Replies 62
  • Views 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I saw his show in London last year which had an almost equally great lin-up, BUT it was full of twats who were there to get pissed up and kept getting up for another drink. Hopefully there won't be a bar. Other than that and David Gest who was a real tosser it was great!

Agreed Paul... David Gest I could just about handle - after all, we got to see the fantastic singers but I could not forgive the use of the 'little people'... it was cringeworthy and I nearly left...

Social source share

OK I'll come out of the closet , me & Denise went to the Blackpool show last year and there was Percy Sledge/Dennis Edwards/Stylistics/Candi Staton/Jimmy Ruffin etc. and to be quite honest it was a great night just to see some of these legends, for me I nearly filled up when Jimmy Ruffin came on 'cause I never thought I would see such an Icon. I f you can put up with David Gest (and he is weird!) you'll have a great time seeing these singers and probably will never have chance again. I think we paid about £40 at Blackpool which for the amount of stars were there I don't honestley know how he did it:no: , so my message is forget about him 'cause he's a knob on stage but go for the memories :rolleyes:

Best

Swifty:thumbsup:

p.s. fair play to Mr. gest he's been involved with a lot of famous people

Social source share

OK I'll come out of the closet , me & Denise went to the Blackpool show last year and there was Percy Sledge/Dennis Edwards/Stylistics/Candi Staton/Jimmy Ruffin etc. and to be quite honest it was a great night just to see some of these legends, for me I nearly filled up when Jimmy Ruffin came on 'cause I never thought I would see such an Icon. I f you can put up with David Gest (and he is weird!) you'll have a great time seeing these singers and probably will never have chance again. I think we paid about £40 at Blackpool which for the amount of stars were there I don't honestley know how he did it:no: , so my message is forget about him 'cause he's a knob on stage but go for the memories :rolleyes:

Best

Swifty:thumbsup:

p.s. fair play to Mr. gest he's been involved with a lot of famous people

Social source share

ps Mr Dewhirst if you're reading this, re our conversation at Goodwood, can you see about persuading the powers that be to get Mr Lamont Dozier to do a one-off concert where he plays all his classic solo stuff (& Holland Dozier with him on lead). We'll get a poll going and the top 20 will be his playlist for the evening........................sorry just dozed off there for a minute and was dreaming, it'd be rather nice though :thumbsup:

Yep, will do. Hopefully I'll be able to nail Lamont down this week touch wood! I'll keep you informed.....

Ian D :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest nhsoulie

there's a free online service that converts pdfs to images - that may do a better job

but times against me

heres a screengrab just did -click to expanddddd

post-1-006151500 1283275512_thumb.jpg

that is one strange and ugly cat haha what the fuck is he doing dint know he was into soul ha int there sore reality tv he should be on somewhere does look a good line up though but david guest made my fing day this haha

Social source share

Guest nhsoulie

hahahaha sorry ar kids cant get over this might have to go there and drop him like a sack of shit just for being such a nob:lol: haha

david feckin guest thought he was dead hahaha

Social source share

Guest SoulNinja

Gutted!

I can't believe I was in Liverpool One (new shopping complex) last night, stuffing my face at an all-you-can-eat buffet while THIS was going on. What a donkey! Must keep that calendar UTD.

More reviews please??

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert