Ebay Scam

Guest toaster

Hi all.This guy from Spain bumped me recently on a Ray Merrel.I paid for it and did,nt recieve it.Me being the trusting kind let it go over the 45 days and cannot get my money back and am unable to open a case.His user name is,usariosicksociety1899.Beware.Regards Tim.

Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Dave Turner

Hi all.This guy from Spain bumped me recently on a Ray Merrel.I paid for it and did,nt recieve it.Me being the trusting kind let it go over the 45 days and cannot get my money back and am unable to open a case.His user name is,usariosicksociety1899.Beware.Regards Tim.

Are you sure that's the correct ID

That Ebay ID doesn't seem to exist

Edited by Dave Turner
Social source share

Sorry to hear this but do you really think he did not send or has it got lost in the post.

I'msure everyone on here who buys or sells has come across this, i have for sure

i sold a big record for alot of money and the buyer said they didn't get it i had all the prove of postage

but paypal still wanted a refund why? item was sent but got lost is this the sellers fault ? Or did it get lost who knows

why should the seller be out of pocket and the record needless to say the paypal balifs are still after me

None of us like paying more for postage than we have too but maybe pay for insurance, Buy off good feedback sellers.

Russ.

Edited by russell f
Social source share

I'm always sorry to hear of the records that never arrive. Don't know what's worse - it being lost in the post, or never having been sent!

eBay listings used to be indexed on Google for some time after auctions ended, and that prompted me to have a look for your seller. No luck, but I did find an odd reference to "singer Ray Merrell" in a Daily Mirror news item about the burning down of the Grand Pier at Weston Super Mare in 2008...

Grand Pier Destroyed

>

Social source share

Think this needs to go in the Look At Your Box section.

Really sorry to hear you got ripped off by the way.

Pete- I think all these eBay tales need a thread of their own. Honestly mate, it's a sorry tale wherever you turn.

Clearly there are 'buyers' out there who are exploiting the system and having it off big style.

To put things in perspective, we are merely dabblers these days on EBay but we still wrote off around £500 last year in blatant rip offs. It only seems to be with Soul records too.

Social source share

How did you pay?

if paypal and you used a credit card, not funds, you can claim of your credit card up to 6 months after

Social source share

Do you know where he is in spain....as i live there on the costa blanca if any help could send the boyz round....

snooky

Social source share

Sorry To Hear This! The Problem With Ebay These Days Is That They Are Trying To Protect The Buyer Far To Much And Leaving The Sellers Open To The Rip Off Merchants Out There. This Seems To Be A Regular Occurence But As Someone Has Rightly Stated If you Paid Paypal Via A Credit Card If You Refuse To Pay On The Grounds Of Item Not Received Your card Company will Draw Back Your Money And Credit It Back To Your Card!! Good Luck Atb John. :lol::D

Social source share

Pete- I think all these eBay tales need a thread of their own. Honestly mate, it's a sorry tale wherever you turn.

Clearly there are 'buyers' out there who are exploiting the system and having it off big style.

To put things in perspective, we are merely dabblers these days on EBay but we still wrote off around £500 last year in blatant rip offs. It only seems to be with Soul records too.

I don't disagree with you Kev, just thought it shouldn't be in sales that's all. A new subsection: Ebay Hassles?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert