Jackey Beavers, Question ?

Dave Thorley

Hi Guys

I've just got a copy of Jackey Beavers - Lover come back - (Orange) Jaber

The flip side has two labels. The top one is 'Gee you're a pretty thing' which is credited to The Jackey Beavers Show, but underneath is another label with 'I hate to see a man cry' credited to Jackey Beavers. Both have the same matrix number on the label JB7111. Anyone know the story on this.

Dave

PS, just put a whole bunch of stuff on the site, www.topdogrecords.co.uk

Edited by Dave Thorley
Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Lover Come Back came out twice on Jaber, Dave, on Orange and Blue with different flipsides (the two titles you mentioned) on the same number.

I'd guess your copy was mislabelled during the transition.

Sean

Hi Sean

Thanks for that, did know it came out twice. I understand that the blue pressing is a different mix. Can anyone confirm the a and b side for the two pressings Orange and Blue

Dave

Social source share

Hi Guys

I've just got a copy of Jackey Beavers - Lover come back - (Orange) Jaber

The flip side has two labels. The top one is 'Gee you're a pretty thing' which is credited to The Jackey Beavers Show, but underneath is another label with 'I hate to see a man cry' credited to Jackey Beavers. Both have the same matrix number on the label JB7111. Anyone know the story on this.

Dave

PS, just put a whole bunch of stuff on the site, www.topdogrecords.co.uk

Dave, unbelivably I have one just the same. regards Paul

Social source share

Thanks for that, did know it came out twice. I understand that the blue pressing is a different mix. Can anyone confirm the a and b side for the two pressings Orange and Blue

if I remember correctly, the orange one shares the same backing track as the Camaros on Dar'Cha, and has 'I Hate...' as the flipside.

The other one (blue) is nowhere near as good and was also issued on SS7.

:boxing:

Social source share

if I remember correctly, the orange one shares the same backing track as the Camaros on Dar'Cha, and has 'I Hate...' as the flipside.

Or is it the other way around colour-wise...senior moment of doubt just crept in!

Social source share

Or is it the other way around colour-wise...senior moment of doubt just crept in!

The Orange one is the 60's issue different to the SS7 issue
Social source share

Thanks for all that info, sort of helps. Did this come out on a blue Jaber pressing and what was the b side title on this.

Hi Dave,

"I Hate To See A Man Cry" was on the flip of the Blue issue.

This appears to have been superseded by the Orange press with "Gee You're A Pretty Thing" on the flip.

That's why I think your copy was mislabelled during the transition.

:)

Sean

Social source share

So is the blue one definitively the same version as the SS7 issue? Don't think I've heard that mentioned before. Are people sure they're not confusing this with the blue label Jaber issue of "We're Not Too Young" which is the same as the Mainstream issue of that particular record.

For what it's worth I think the SS7 cut of "Lover Come Back" is a better soul record than the orange Jaber version.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert