Monitors, Bargain Of The Week On John Manship Auction?

Dean

More often on here we read questions and statements about the high prices JM gets for his auction items. Had to look twice tonight when I checked finishing prices:

Monitors - Fence Around Your Heart. What is most likely a very rare Peruvian (!!!!!!) Buddah label . . . . . . . . . £13 . . . .. . .unless there's a 0 missing? I'll give the buyer £20.

Presuming it's a typo . . . . . . or is the economic situation worse than I thought . . . . . . living in Mansfield, the 2nd most vulnerable area in the UK. We can't even be the best at being worst.

Edited by Dean
Social source share

• Replies 20
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Thought the same Dean. Bloody steal at £13. Bet the sellers not best pleased.

Not the only bargain recently either as I won the Crosswind - Get Ready off John's auction last week for quite a bit less than I expected to pay.

Anyone else had any 'big dealer' auction bargains recently?

Social source share

Guest ruffsounds

According to John's description it's quite rare on UK & US issue's but i have seen a few and have a spanker in my box :0) so how rare is it ???.

cheers Ralph

Social source share

Not the only bargain recently either as I won the Crosswind - Get Ready off John's auction last week for quite a bit less than I expected to pay.

Saw your name on the Crosswind Cunnie . I put a speculative bid on that early on. Obviously a bit too optimistic on that one. If the £13 is real it goes to show it may be worth putting a speculative bid on something sometimes. That's happened before to me on JM, where I've wished after the close I would've bid. Of course that may only push the price up, doesn't mean I'd have won.

Social source share

Thought there's been a few (relative) bargains on John's auctions in last few weeks, not least Walter B "I can't stop loving you" on Apollo, if I didn't have that already would have bid a serious stack load more than it went for, that's a stupidly rare record and a total stormer (maybe too fast for most people here, heart attacks on the dancefloor are not that soulful)

Social source share

Thought there's been a few (relative) bargains on John's auctions in last few weeks, not least Walter B "I can't stop loving you" on Apollo, if I didn't have that already would have bid a serious stack load more than it went for, that's a stupidly rare record and a total stormer (maybe too fast for most people here, heart attacks on the dancefloor are not that soulful)

What did the Walter B go for? I missed the finish. Any chance of a sound file? the one I have is poor quality. Did get spins at one time over here but has since suffered due in part to its rarity and as you say it is a bit fast :thumbsup:

Social source share

I dunno, does anyone in the world really crave a Peruvian version of a common record?

An exiled Peruvian NS / soul collector , wishing to complete their Motown affiliated recordings :thumbsup:

Malc

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

I've got a David Bowie single from Bolivia, would you like that?

Only if it's a good one, I don't want to soil my collection with anything post-Station To Station:lol:

Social source share

Hi Cunnie

How much did the Crosswind 12" go for. Ive got one, If anbody wants to make me an offer on it.

Jolly

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert