The New Group - There'S That Mountain - Gemini

Pete S

THE NEW GROUP - THERE'S THAT MOUNTAIN - GEMINI DEMO

This is THE TRIPS - THERE'S THAT MOUNTAIN! Same song but a later recording, different group name - shame it doesn't have Love Can't Be Modernised on the flip, this is Mountain on both sides, still nice though, never seen one of these before. The version is midtempo and very soulful, sounds like it was recorded a couple of years after the first one - is anyone familiar with this version?

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest veep1296

THE NEW GROUP THERE'S THAT MOUNTAIN GEMINI DEMO

This is THE TRIPS THERE'S THAT MOUNTAIN! Same song but a later recording, different group name shame it doesn't have Love Can't Be Modernised on the flip, this is Mountain on both sides, still nice though, never seen one of these before. The version is midtempo and very soulful, sounds like it was recorded a couple of years after the first one - is anyone familiar with this version?

As with Paul , I have the green issue with "Love Cant Be Modernized" on & I too give it the odd spin. Never seen a Demo..

The Trips version of LCBM uses the same backing as my Chico Lamarr on Fuller "What Do You think I Am".

Have another version of LCBM on Revue by Jimmy Graham..not as good as the Trips/New Group imo.

Another saga in the tangled web of mid 60s LA soul output..

David

Edited by veep1296
Social source share

Guest veep1296

in my experience the promos are more common, craig moerer had a bunch in stock at least a couple years ago. I think they were $15.

I will check that out Bob.

Hope you are well.

How is Chi Town ??

David

Social source share

Couldn't have been that common seeing as hardly anyone's come on and said they've seen one :yes:

Pete thats cos no one wants one:lol: :)

I had the issue and was disapointed by the side you have ,especially as the original version is a decent choon:thumbsup:

Social source share

Pete thats cos no one wants one:lol: :yes:

I had the issue and was disapointed by the side you have ,especially as the original version is a decent choon:thumbsup:

Makes absolutely no difference to me whether people think it's good, bad or indifferent, I was given a pile of records and told see if you can get anything for these, that was one of them...I quite liked it though, pitch it up a little, ready made newie.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert