A Word From Tyree Glenn Jr

Mike

had the below passed on via the contact us feature:

Tyree Glenn Jr.

"The Ambassador of Funky Rhythm and Blues"!

Music to Make your "Hip....Hop"!!

Hello Everybody,

Please allow me to introduce myself to you!! My name is Tyree Glenn Jr. and I would like with this e-mail, to send you some "Up-Date Information" on my "Vintage R & B Show" based here in Germany for possible "Concerts" in England in the future! (www.tyree-glenn.com) I am very interested in perhaps doing a "Small Tour" in England, especially, the "Northern Soul R & B Club Scene", as I was informed, that a song that I recorded many many years ago, is being played very often in the clubs up there-"Yesterday" from Tyree Glenn Jr.

As for information about myself, I am an "Afro-American Singer, Musician-Tenor Sax 🙂 , TV and Film Actor and Entertainer" originally from New York City and was very involved in the R & B Scene back in the late Fifties and Sixties. Living in Germany now, I have been performing my show, based here in the "Essen-Düsseldorf" area of Germany, throughout Europe and Internationally now for the past 30 years and I might add with the same members of my band! (By the way, my father, Tyree Glenn, was the very well known former Musical Director and World Famous Jazz Trombonist with Louis Armstrong, Duke Ellington and Cab Calloway among others!) I have performed many times at the CeBit in Hannover in the past for Siemens, Nokia, Deutsche Leasing etc. and I have also performed several times in Abu Dhabi in the last few years: At the Nokia Jazz Festival in 2006 and at the European PGA Golf Tournament in 2007 for IMG and both times with much success! I have also performed at the Montreux Jazz Festival in Switzerland several times, the last time was on the show with my good friend, Mr. BB King!

The possible formations of the "Tyree Glenn Jr. R & B Party" are mainly the "5 Piece" Group. (The 7 Piece Group + 2 Horns and the 9 Piece Group + 4 Horns are the formations that are on the Videos, the CD and the YouTube Video and are mainly for larger Events and Festivals!) A part of my show has been devoted to the music of some good friends of mine in America, the "Original Blues Brothers Band" and my good friend, Maceo Parker! I perform at many Clubs, Marketing Events, Galas and Open-Air Festivals etc. here in Germany and Internationally!

I am including the link to my latest video on YouTube of my performance at the Sutter Group Gala in Essen. I hope that you will enjoy it!

Here is the link to the Sutter Group Gala YouTube Video:

Here is the link to the song: "Yesterday"!! (Good Old R & B from back then!! 8-) Enjoy!)

To view the Breda Jazz Festival Video on my website, (www.tyree-glenn.com), please click this link and then click on "Videos" on my website. Then click on the "Tyree Glenn Jr. Breda Jazz Festival" in Holland where we performed a few years ago and where we performed once again last May. They did a very nice 21 min. video of us performing on stage !! (This video, along with others are on my website there under: Downloads/videos!!)

Here is the Link to the video on my website:

https://www.tyree-gle...expose&Itemid=9

Here is a link to a video on YouTube recorded last July of myself as a "Solo Special Guest" at the Riff Club in Bochum:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-qh_SrRT4A

Here is also a video from the Topos Club in Leverkusen last July 18th for their 40th. Anniversary:

Here is also a "Link" of myself performing on Saxophone with my band at the World Famous Peppermint Lounge, (Where the "Twist" got started!), in New York City for the Beatles, whom I got to meet later, back in 1964-(Notice the "Hairline"!! 🙂 )-on their first tour to the US!!

Here is the Link to the Beatles video:

I am also including some links for your "Personal Enjoyment" of my father, Tyree Glenn, who was the very well known former Musical Director and World Famous Jazz Trombonist with Louis Armstrong, Duke Ellington and Cab Calloway among others.

Here are several Links to videos of my father on Trombone with Louie Armstrong:

https://video.aol.com...sire/3828699970

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnRqYMTpXHc

LINK TO MY FATHER WITH LOUIE ARMSTRONG PLAYING "MOOD INDIGO".

Have fun and enjoy them when you get the chance!

I would appreciate it very much if you could put me in touch with any agents and clubs so that I may organize a tour over there!

If there is any other information that you may need, please do not hesitate to contact me at my e-mail address: baldbear@freenet.de or on my Mobile Phone: +49-172-2182912, Skype: grizzly131, or here in Basel Switzerland direct at: +41-61-2710271, where I am most of the time. Once again, my Web Site address is: www.tyree-glenn.com for more videos, pictures and information.

I do hope that you will enjoy the Videos and looking forward to eventually performing my "Vintage Rhythm and Blues Party/Show" for you and everyone in the future! 8-)

Sincerely,

Tyree Glenn Jr.

"You can't Loose with the Blues"!! 8-)

President: TyGlo Records

Postfach 101446

D-45744 Marl, Germany

Basel, Switzerland: +41-61-2710271

Mobil Phone:(+49) 0172-2182912

E-MAIL: baldbear@freenet.de

TyGlo Records, CD Nr. 313:"HAIR TODAY-GONE TOMORROW"!! LC-5162

CD: Winner of the "German Record Critics Award" for R & B!!!

Tyree Glenn Jr. Web Sites: www.tyree-glenn.com www.smashproductions.com Las Vegas!

Management: Mr. Jens Tosse, teamtosse-Agentur für Kommunikation, Munich Germany

Tel.+49 89 459 11 58 40

Mobil: +49 160 966 85 111

E-Mail: jens.tosse@teamtosse.de

Web Site: www.teamtosse.de

PPPS: I have been trying to make contact with an old friend of mine, the singer and entertainer: Tommy Hunt.

If you should happen to have any contact information on Tommy, I would appreciate it very much. Thanks!

Social source share

• Replies 5
  • Views 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

• 2 months later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source