Perk Badger On Suncut

Guest Dan45

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

The version of "Do Your Stuff" on HITSOUND is not the same as on SUNCUT though.

Yes I have read that before.

which one would you say is the best ? I don't think I have ever got an mp3 or CD with the suncut version.

I had the hit sound and thought that version was good. But as I mainly focus on deep it obviously had to be hit sound for me.

Social source share

which one would you say is the best ? I don't think I have ever got an mp3 or CD with the suncut version.

The SUNCUT version is far superior in my opinion. I know a lot of people who prefer the much looser HIT SOUND take though, but it's got an annoying flute line running in the background that drives me nuts. Below you can compare for yourself.

HIT SOUND version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqmzX8m_loY

SUNCUT version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n63Qw6HqZBE

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

As Dylan says the Hit Sound 45 has a good deep soul flip whereas the Suncut 45 is Part1/Part 2

in fact I believe one needs to have both releases. Its actually the deep flipside of the Hitbound that got my attention in the first place and made me focus in this 45 in general when I found the Suncut record. In fact I do believe it -the deep side- almost sounds like a (first) version of Bob Marleys "No Woman No Cry"...I wouldn`t be too surprised if he got his idea from this record...anyway.

"One Woman Man" https://sirshambling....percolator.html

I have played the Suncut 45 since almost over a year by now at almost every occasion and it always goes down extremely well...and amazingly many people come and continue to come to ask me what and by whom it is by...

Great artist Perk Badger aka Mr Percolator !

Marc

Edited by Marc Forrest
Social source share

As Dylan says the Hit Sound 45 has a good deep soul flip whereas the Suncut 45 is Part1/Part 2

The hitsound version has a nice lazy almost jazzy feel (I like the flute ;-) - a definite record room tune

What does the Hit Sound version command price wise currently?

But the suncut is probably the more suitable 'dance floor' cut..

ATB

GReg.

Edited by ClearVinyl
Social source share

The hitsound version has a nice lazy almost jazzy feel (I like the flute ;-) - a definite record room tune

But the suncut is probably the more suitable 'dance floor' cut..

ATB

GReg.

well its quite easy, the hitsound version for the funk floor, the suncut with its nice horns for the soul floor. At least for me :yes:

Social source share

I just like both versions! I already got the Hit Sound 45.... now, the time is right to complete the duo! wink.gif

so, anyone?? smile.gif

Edited by Dan45
Social source share

I just like both versions! I already got the Hit Sound 45.... now, the time is right to complete the duo! wink.gif

so, anyone?? smile.gif

In that case do yourself a favour dan mate and make the duo a complete trio:

His best by far is "I'll Take My Chance With You" on HIT SOUND

Sadly also his rarest

:lol:

Edited by Marc Forrest
Social source share

In that case do yourself a favour dan mate and make the duo a complete trio:

His best by far is "I'll Take My Chance With You" on HIT SOUND

Sadly also his rarest

:lol:

Step by step, mate! wink.gif