Kiki Dee

Soul Shrews

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

No it did not. The SS lp is essentialy the US Tamla / UK Tamla Motown LP with the inclusion of this great Smokey track. I've played it out many times over the years and it always gets a good reaction.

Lovely version of an incredible song!

Sean

ditto your reply sean, just to add, universal repackaged her recordings on cd in 2005 inclusive of her 2 singles, the entire "great expectations album, 2 hard to find tracks from the "sounds superb" budget spin-off and, 4 previously unissued tracks from the archives in the process, retitling the cd as "love makes the world go round". richard searling featured its release on smooth that year and in particular, paid attention to the very smart "mr. loneliness", which is a good dancer:thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

No it did not. The SS lp is essentialy the US Tamla / UK Tamla Motown LP with the inclusion of this great Smokey track. I've played it out many times over the years and it always gets a good reaction.

Lovely version of an incredible song!

Sean

As she played his demo version to me on a visit to her London flat almost 40 years ago, I happen to know that Frank Wilson sang the guide vocal on what became Kiki's backing track....

...true!

Edited by TONY ROUNCE
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert