Desperate Djs?

Guest Simon

• Replies 54
  • Views 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Without trying to be funny but why would you let something like this nag you :glare: !

Life's to short to let petty stuff like this eat away at you. From reading the thread you seem like you have good bookings such as the Brighton Mod Weekender. Enjoy it my friend no need to worry about other peoples are doing!

The only problem i have with people who are desperate to dj is that if they dont get asked you'll more than likely see another soul venue appear which will ultimately affect what is a fairly small scene anyhow as there's not a weekend goes by without something clashing!

p.s - Me being the polite young man i am i would always thank the promoter for inviting me to play my records.... i see it as a mutal repsect thing

Simon - did you thank rob for asking you to play at Brighton?

Callum

Callum my good friend

As i do know you and you are such a young man...i applaud you for writing this

"life's too short" SPOT ON:thumbsup:

What's nagging me is ,why are so many good people i know losing their lives to cancer and why are we not finding a cure?

What's annying me is ,people who have nothing better to do than nit picking on this forum about absolute sh**e !

For god's sake did nobody read the post about this site losing members because people are sick of reading tripe posts :D

Just think before you post ....."am i really contributing to the good of the scene " ?

if not ...phone your mate and have a good rant but please ,please stop posting crap :wave:

p.S For the record ,i always thank the promotors for letting me do a spot ....

it's a common courtesy ,just like when a shopkeeper gives me my change ..it's mine, so why ?

Im also a brickie who is thankful to still be working ,and no i don't say thanks for letting me lay a few bricks ,but that does'nt mean i'm not grateful .

i just don't compare dj'ing to going to work...it's not a job ..more a labour of love;)

Edited by NEV
Social source share

So what is the difference between saying thank you in person or on here afterwards? Apart from one being public of course.

Surely saying thank you at all makes you desperate in some peoples eyes.

Saying thank you in my eyes is just good manners and no big deal. I always say thank you for asking me in a lookback where I have DJ'd and I certainly am not desperate to DJ.

Once again I am just glad I go out to have fun (even though that is not strictly allowed) :D

That's the point I was trying, rather badly obviously, to make. I say thank you for the booking at the time it was made, because as you say, it's simple good manners, and I say thank you when people pay me, again, simple good manners, but you said "Thank you for asking me", which is different to thank you for letting me DJ at your venue :D

And just like you Joan, I always go out to have a good time, and have always felt that if you go out thinking you are going to have a good time, you will, (even if it's not strictly allowed) Let's face it, I spend a lot of my time out on the scene with Johnny Weston :glare::wave:

Social source share

Is it just the fact that certain peeps are so desperate to dj nowadays they have to show the promoter thanks in taking pity on them?

Maybe they're just grateful and polite Simon.

In a similar vein though, I've noticed many guest DJ's really ham it up in upcoming event threads saying it's the best venue in the world (but only when they themselves are on the guest-list) :D

Social source share

Ok, i'm gonna close this now, at least one person (Dave Rimmer) understood where i was coming from, most others thought i was an arsehole, that's cool. laugh.gif

Please try not to hate me too much, was just in my clumbsy way trying to get some debate going, i'll know better next time.

As i said earlier i meant nothing personal against any particular person/dj & that is the truth.

Simon

Social source share