Mike

• Replies 6
  • Views 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Matt Male

It's a tough one. There are lots of intelligent and articulate people on here with a good grasp of the scene, but would anyone dare put their head above the parapet? It's a brave person who will. :lol:

Social source share

It's a tough one. There are lots of intelligent and articulate people on here with a good grasp of the scene, but would anyone dare put their head above the parapet? It's a brave person who will. :lol:

i think that is actually the problem Matt; i reckon to get a good idea of the scene(s) (i.e. nite and niter) you need someone(s) who isn't that vocal, probably isn't even on here; who just goes along dances allnite or talks records allnite or a mix of the two - who doesn't have any agenda knows nothing of bollitics and would just give an honest open appraisal.

Edited by Dave Abbott
Social source share

I thought Steve Cato came across as articulate and sincere, particularly regarding the emotional side of involvement in the scene, in the Channel 4 five minute thing he did a couple of years ago.

Although to get an accurate picture I think you would need several people representing different aspects of a varied scene at different times of its history. I don't think anyone can represent a scene that is often quite fractured. I wouldn't want to be represented by a retro oldies view-point, just as perhaps others wouldn't want to be reresented by obscure vinyl addicts. Perhaps a key qualification should be not wanting to do it.

My chum Garry Churm has a great pedigree (get it!) for nighters over the last 35 years without a break, but I'd be nervous about his viewpoint.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert