Inside The Apartment Of A Musical Genius

• Replies 19
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

This is soooooooooo good, i was watching the interviews you did with Mr Pinks & Alan Jones on the Disco comps & hearing Mr Moulton`s view on the european sound being very hard compared to Mr Pink comparing them with the great classical composers is very interesting & food for thought.

Time to blow some smoke up your ass

:rolleyes:

I have been an avid purchaser of most of the output you have been involved with & the attention to detail, passion & love you naturally put into your work comes flooding out of the product.

Garv

PS

Can we expect a second regrooved CD ?:lol: please:thumbup:

Edited by garv
Social source share

its brilliant and credit to you Ian-saw the master tapes just lying about -took me right back did that and reminded me of my old mate Al Coney sat on loads of reel to reel mar-v-lus stuff which he totally forget about till there were rescued or should i say procured by the likes of Rob Marriot etc lol.The interviews are brilliant -just a great insight indeed!!

PS if there were about a uk venue or a glueless northern soul dj you would of had 100 replies so far lol-does make you wonder-keep up the marvellous work.

BAZ A

Social source share

This is soooooooooo good, i was watching the interviews you did with Mr Pinks & Alan Jones on the Disco comps & hearing Mr Moulton`s view on the european sound being very hard compared to Mr Pink comparing them with the great classical composers is very interesting & food for thought.

Time to blow some smoke up your ass

:hatsoff2:

I have been an avid purchaser of most of the output you have been involved with & the attention to detail, passion & love you naturally put into your work comes flooding out of the product.

Garv

PS

Can we expect a second regrooved CD ?:D please:thumbup:

Cheers Garv. I'd rather have gone to New York and done the interview myself, but budgets just don't run to those lengths these days so we still managed to do it on a shoestring thanks to Andrew Stone and Monk 1. And Philly Re-Grooved 2 is on the drawing board (and will draw from some other Philly labels) as well as several other potentially interesting projects for 2011 (the 50th Anniversary of Holland-Dozier-Holland as a songwriting team and the 40th Anniversary of Philadelphia International so stay tuned.....

Ian D :D

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

its brilliant and credit to you Ian-saw the master tapes just lying about -took me right back did that and reminded me of my old mate Al Coney sat on loads of reel to reel mar-v-lus stuff which he totally forget about till there were rescued or should i say procured by the likes of Rob Marriot etc lol.The interviews are brilliant -just a great insight indeed!!

PS if there were about a uk venue or a glueless northern soul dj you would of had 100 replies so far lol-does make you wonder-keep up the marvellous work.

BAZ A

Well I only posted it in the early hours this morning so it's early days yet. I really don't get the hang of all this techy stuff, so it's a miracle that I managed to post 'em at all LOL.......

Ian D :hatsoff2:

Social source share

Guest topcatnumpty1

BAZ A

Gaz,old m8,Don,t give the Mirfield Reject(Ian) any more praise,his head,s big enough already !!! lol--no seriously it,s great to see these interviews,and i agree with your comments Mr A.

kEEP IT UP Mr D. and we,ll see you soon

T.C

Social source share

Gaz,old m8,Don,t give the Mirfield Reject(Ian) any more praise,his head,s big enough already !!! lol--no seriously it,s great to see these interviews,and i agree with your comments Mr A.

kEEP IT UP Mr D. and we,ll see you soon

T.C

Yep, it's been too long Tony what with me being an international superstar DJ and high-ranking music biz executive. :D

The only time I ever seem to get up there is in the depths of bloody winter, so I'll be there twice in December - Wakefield City Soul Club for Oxo's 50th and Hull Soul Club for an early Xmas do on 17th, so put them in yer diary!

Ian D :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest topcatnumpty1

Yep, it's been too long Tony what with me being an international superstar DJ and high-ranking music biz executive. :thumbsup:

The only time I ever seem to get up there is in the depths of bloody winter, so I'll be there twice in December - Wakefield City Soul Club for Oxo's 50th and Hull Soul Club for an early Xmas do on 17th, so put them in yer diary!

Ian D :yes:

Not forgetting My birthday and our Anniversary at Just Soul on 13 th,November with Mr.Hampsey!!!!

Tony

Social source share

LANDED TODAY LISTENING TO IT AS I TYPE ABSOLUTLEY MARVELLOUS,I LOVE PHILLY ANYWAY WITH ALL THE SWIRLING STRINGS ECT BUT THIS CD IS JUST AWESOME.

KEV

And the first time Philly Groove have managed a Top 50 hit album - No.48 on the first Compilation Chart mid-weeks which is sensational! If we stay in the Top 100 by Saturday I'll be over the moon!

Ian D :thumbsup:

Social source share

Unbelievable! I'm so happy right now.

This bloody "Philly Re-Grooved" long-shot album project is actually No.69 in the national compilation chart on the Friday mid-week which pretty much means it'll be Top 75 or Top 100 on Monday touch wood.

Listen to the Tom Moulton interview on the Craig Charles Radio 6 Soul Show tonight!

I'm amazed to be honest. The fact that Philly Groove and Tom Moulton could actually be in the mainstream UK charts on Monday is kinda mind-blowing.....

Ian D

Social source share

• 4 weeks later...

Glad you like it Sonbert. Wait til you see the full hour of the pure Tom Moulton interview which is being edited and which I'll post up when it's done.

Ian D :hatsoff2:

Any news on this Ian................. i`m a philly junkie & i need my fix:D

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert