Rca Stock Copies

• Replies 40
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Which are the rarest of the RCA Stock copies and which of the White demos have you never seen a stock copy of to the point you dont think it existed!

Would have thought that Willie Kendricks- change your ways- was Tough issue just got a Michael & Raymond -man without a woman- again I dont think thats that easy I sold a Gia Mateo demo to a guy from Southend who wanted to drop off on his way To the Fleetwood weekender a few years back and pick it up but I dont recall seeing an issue most of the RCA stuff seems to be Demo's so not sure on these!!

Social source share

Would have thought that Willie Kendricks- change your ways- was Tough issue just got a Michael & Raymond -man without a woman- again I dont think thats that easy I sold a Gia Mateo demo to a guy from Southend who wanted to drop off on his way To the Fleetwood weekender a few years back and pick it up but I dont recall seeing an issue most of the RCA stuff seems to be Demo's so not sure on these!!

Not sure if I was the first to find the Black issues on the Holy Grail of collectors items, but Feb 1975 I hit a store in New York and found Dean Courtney, Lorraine Chandler, Ray Paige, Paul Anka, Metros...in fact around 60 titles. The same day I found 25 Ila Vann issues on Roulette.

All flogged at the Mecca a week later for around 8-12 quid each. Anyone remember?

Social source share

Not sure if I was the first to find the Black issues on the Holy Grail of collectors items, but Feb 1975 I hit a store in New York and found Dean Courtney, Lorraine Chandler, Ray Paige, Paul Anka, Metros...in fact around 60 titles. The same day I found 25 Ila Vann issues on Roulette.

All flogged at the Mecca a week later for around 8-12 quid each. Anyone remember?

Don`t remember that kev, as i was just a whippersnapper in short trousers around that timelaugh.gif but certainly in 78 when i started putting my black stock collection together, they seemed pretty easy to come by. Remember dave withers at w/c saying to me as i walked in the record bar "Ive got something for youy harry" a nice WILLIE KENDRICKS £25, used to get a lot of my rca stockers off dave withers. Took me an age to get a DEAN COURTNEY though-HARRYthumbsup.gif

Social source share

RCA_Victor_47-8893a.jpgRCA_Victor_47-8960a.jpg

Paul Anka - I Can't Help Loving You

& Roy Hamilton - Crackin' Up Over You

I'm going to scan these again as these were done years ago with my old scanner

Social source share

over the years i've seen most of the rca stuff on stock copies, however, i can honestly say i've never seen beverley ann - he's coming home , dean courtney - we have a good thing or roy hamilton - you shook me up on stockers, also never seen h.b. burnum - hurts too much to cry on a demo

You'll never see an HB Barnum demo - there ain't any!

Social source share

Without a doubt a rarest "stock" copy is Susan Barrett "Whats It Gonna Be"

Followed by Willie Kendricks & Dean Courtney:hatsoff2:

I have found numerous WDs following rummaging through many a warehouse , but I have never come across a stocker of SB .

Malc

Social source share

I have found numerous WDs following rummaging through many a warehouse , but I have never come across a stocker of SB .

Malc

Had a couple over the years malc, funny thing is with these, its like ted with lorraine chandler, ive seen a few of those, but as i said it took me ages to get a Dean courtney issue, whereas after i`d bought a copy others told me they had it, suppose its being in the right place at the right time reallythumbsup.gif

Social source share

Without a doubt a rarest "stock" copy is Susan Barrett "Whats It Gonna Be"

Followed by Willie Kendricks & Dean Courtney:hatsoff2:

I had a spare stock copy of Susan Barrett back in the 70s.

I got some good trades off Martin Koppell for it at the time.

The 1st Micheal & Raymond I saw was in the mid 90s at the Birch in Ashton (Tim Brown's).

After that I have seen it a good few times.

Dave.

Social source share

Quite a few of the Modern RCA stock copy's are bloody scarce too & far more common on demo's.

Things like Kalyan - Just Let Me Love You One More Time, Trumains - Ripe For The Picking & the ridiculously rare issue of The Creators - Just You And Me.

Social source share

Had a couple over the years malc, funny thing is with these, its like ted with lorraine chandler, ive seen a few of those, but as i said it took me ages to get a Dean courtney issue, whereas after i`d bought a copy others told me they had it, suppose its being in the right place at the right time reallythumbsup.gif

As stated when we were nattering earlier H , the last SB WD I found , was five years ago in a shitty run down store in Santa Monica .

The stock was going for either a dollar and 50 cents each , and after picking up pile after pile of crap , I came across the stated SB WD , complete in company sleeve .

I pulled the disc out of the sleeve to check the condition ........ and it had a large chunk missing ....... which was not in the sleeve :lol:

Malc

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Guest Perception

Which are the rarest of the RCA Stock copies and which of the White demos have you never seen a stock copy of to the point you dont think it existed!

I have a Black issue of Metros "Since I found My Baby". RCA

But I think it one of the few RCA's where the White Demo is slightly rarer.

There was a quantity of Black issues found in the early 80's.

Social source share

Quite a few of the Modern RCA stock copy's are bloody scarce too & far more common on demo's.

Things like Kalyan - Just Let Me Love You One More Time, Trumains - Ripe For The Picking & the ridiculously rare issue of The Creators - Just You And Me.

Mate of mine bought a Creators issue at Rock City(mid 80s) took me well over 10 years to get one myself and they are the only ones i have seen for sale,great ballad flip not on the demo.

Edited by NCFC
Social source share

Mate of mine bought a Creators issue at Rock City(mid 80s) took me well over 10 years to get one myself and they are the only ones i have seen for sale,great ballad flip not on the demo.

Very nice.

Never seen or even heard the other side of the Creators issue.

Took me long enough to track down a demo.

Have we found the rarest RCA issue here???

Social source share

I have a Black issue of Metros "Since I found My Baby". RCA

But I think it one of the few RCA's where the White Demo is slightly rarer.

There was a quantity of Black issues found in the early 80's.

I think your right, i got my issue of Soul bowl early 80`s & paid £3 for it, well technically Mr Hubbard sent off for them & kept the white demo for himself ..... so Ive always assumed the demo was rarer

Social source share

Insiders is surprisingly difficult on a stock copy as mentioned above. Another example where the demo is extremely commonplace but the issue is appreciably harder to come by is Kenny Carter "Don't Go." The other Kenny Carter RCA Victor 45s are relatively frequently seen on issues, but 'Don't Go' seems, to me at least, extremely elusive.

Social source share

Very nice.

Never seen or even heard the other side of the Creators issue.

Took me long enough to track down a demo.

Have we found the rarest RCA issue here???

I put the flip in refro a while back(sweet and deep thread) and the flip of the Trumains which is only on the issue.

Social source share

I put the flip in refro a while back(sweet and deep thread) and the flip of the Trumains which is only on the issue.

Laughing out loud here as I put the other side of the Creators in refosoul.

Both sides below.

creators - just you and me -

creators - blame it on me -

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert