Roy Roberts "got To Have Your Love"

Guest Troutman

Guest Troutman

Recently I purchased a copy of Roy Roberts "Got To Have Your Love" on Ninandy, and the label looks strange to me - like it's a bootleg.

I understand that this particular record has bad printing (faded lines, etc.), but my copy seems to be a bit more extreme than others I've seen.

I haven't been able to find any info regarding the existence of a bootleg copies of this 45.

Can someone please help me verify the authenticity of this records? Correct Matrix # perhaps?

It has been on my want list for a very long time, and it would crush me to find out that I have a fake.

I am new to this site, so forgive me if I posted this in the wrong forum.

Thanks so much

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Social source share

• Replies 12
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Dave Turner

Recently I purchased a copy of Roy Roberts "Got To Have Your Love" on Ninandy, and the label looks strange to me - like it's a bootleg.

I understand that this particular record has bad printing (faded lines, etc.), but my copy seems to be a bit more extreme than others I've seen.

I haven't been able to find any info regarding the existence of a bootleg copies of this 45.

Can someone please help me verify the authenticity of this records? Correct Matrix # perhaps?

It has been on my want list for a very long time, and it would crush me to find out that I have a fake.

I am new to this site, so forgive me if I posted this in the wrong forum.

Thanks so much

Any info is greatly appreciated.

There's loads on Popsike, perhaps you could have a look and compare.

https://www.popsike.com

It also seems it first came out on Bo Ro, whether it's the same cut or not I don't know.

Social source share

it is the same take...

my BoRo doesnt hiss Pete

Interesting, because there was a Bo Ro and Ninandy on JM's auction not so long ago and it was stated that they weren't the same take. Couldn't tell you what the difference was though. Still one of my all time fave tunes. Don't think my Bo Ro hisses either.

Social source share

Interesting, because there was a Bo Ro and Ninandy on JM's auction not so long ago and it was stated that they weren't the same take. Couldn't tell you what the difference was though.

I remember reading that as well and then hunting for a Bo-Ro soundfile to compare it with my Ninandy WD...can't recall if there was much of a difference...my Ninandy copy plays loud and proud, no problems. Persoanlly, I've always wondered if the Deadbeats/Roy Roberts ever heard each others recordings as there is a similarity there!

:thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert