• Replies 30
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Dave Turner

Sorry folks, can't find a scan for this.

Gorgeous George - Its Not A Hurting Thing - Peachtree 105

Edited by Dave Turner
Social source share

It's impossible to pick just one track so here are my favourite deep soul ballads on Peachtree...

1. 'Shadow Of Another Man's Love' - Jimmy Church

2. 'You Hurt So Good' - Susie Rainey

3. 'It's Not A Hurting Thing' - Gorgeous George

4. 'What Do You Want' - Mitty Collier

(I also love her versions of 'Share What You Got' and 'Lovin' On Borrowed Time')

5. 'It Sure Would Be Nice' - Emory & The Dynamics

Paul

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Gorgeos George "You Can't Stop A Woman" previously unissued, great crossover.

Omly available on Grapevine Atlanta Soul (Peachtree Records Story) CD or the Grapevine release number 159 ,45

Perhaps Plumby can put a soundclip up :yes:

Dave

Edited by Louise
Social source share

Never seen one of these before.

Presumably a UK issue - any others sneak out on the label?

post-1281-0-49907500-1291471873_thumb.jp

The UK pressing of the Mitty Collier record was done in the mid 1970s by Global Records as a custom order of 1000 copies for Millies Records in Amsterdam as it was a big record there. Another M Collier title ''Share What You Got'' was also done at the same time. A few copies of each title (about 10 or 12 ) were sold by Derek Howe at HMV in Manchester. I suppose some copies have probably come back here from the Netherlands but they must be quite hard to find now.

Rick

Social source share

Of use to anyone..luverly tunege :thumbsup:

Superb record. I remember when I used to deal with a couple of the Jamaican guys on the Bronx that this record was very highly rated by them, it was a big play for them at their music events. Talking of which, I asked if it would be alright for me to go along to one of these do's? He said "You !?!" & burst out laughing :no: Shame, cause I'd really have liked to have gone. He said they hold them in peoples back yards during the day time & play the records on real big sound systems, loads of people show up for it, all slow sounds mind. Has any one on here ever managed to go to one? would love to know what they're like.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert