Don't Leave Me This Way

Thelma Houston got played continually at Wigan.....late 76...early 77.......Why did Harold Melvin And The Blue-Notes never get a spin at The Heart of Soul?? l even have a soft-spot for The Communards.... :hatsoff2:

Social source share

• Replies 21
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Thelma Houston got played continually at Wigan.....late 76...early 77.......Why did Harold Melvin And The Blue-Notes never get a spin at The Heart of Soul?? l even have a soft-spot for The Communards.... :hatsoff2:

Prefer Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes version - still have the single and it's on my i pod along with "The Love I Lost" yes.gif

Came out more or less the same time in the charts didn't they?? but was always team Melvin lol

Social source share

Guest proudlove

l was 18/19 at that time and if we have met l would have taken you to my Bouduier....What ever that was... :hatsoff2:

Boudoir Phil.......................and didn't you share with 28 brothers and sisters?

Social source share

post reported

post and follow on quoting it removed

We reserve the right to moderate posts which

• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
  • Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable

use feedback if any concerns

Social source share

Guest Phoenix8049

Thelma Houston was the best version in my opinion.

Mr Melvin and co did a pretty good job too.

Detroit And Philly you don't get much better than that.

The 2 best music city's in the world in my opinion.

Stu.

Social source share

Guest JIM BARRY

Thelma Houston was the best version in my opinion.

Mr Melvin and co did a pretty good job too.

Detroit And Philly you don't get much better than that.

The 2 best music city's in the world in my opinion.

Stu.

very true stu ,awesome output for soul.......i thought miss houston's version was pure disco and harold melvin's offering pure soul. atb jim.

Social source share

post reported

post and follow on quoting it removed

We reserve the right to moderate posts which

• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
  • Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable

use feedback if any concerns

Sorry you've lost me on this one ??

Social source share

Guest JIM BARRY

Sorry you've lost me on this one ??

i can fill you in on that one grant, i made a homophobic remark about jimmy summerville, seems its o.k to parade yourself as gay but not ok to comment on it. pc gone mad.

Social source share

Thelma Houston DLMTW was the first record to be played in 1977 in The Highland Room - it was played just after midnight by Ian Levine.

...and also played at the same time by 70's club DJ Ray Teret at the Place in Hanley. Ray was quite adept at stringing together a half decent set considering the disco environment that prevailed. Mr Melvin's does it for me though

Edited by jez jones
Social source share

...and also played at the same time by 70's club DJ Ray Teret at the Place in Hanley. Ray was quite adept at stringing together a half decent set considering the disco environment that prevailed. Mr Melvin's does it for me though

Were you aware Jez , that " Ugly " Ray Terrett was the brother of our beloved Barmy Barry ?

Harold Melvin gets my vote .

Malc

Social source share

Were you aware Jez , that " Ugly " Ray Terrett was the brother of our beloved Barmy Barry ?

Harold Melvin gets my vote .

Malc

...well no I wasn't aware Malc:ohmy: Blimey learn summat new every day. Bet there parents were proud-- 2 of the pioneers of the DJ world in the early days.

....and at least one of 'em was a hit wiv the laydeez:rolleyes:

Social source share

pc gone mad ... yeah right

if you wanna discuss it then do it in feedback

quite happy answer any criticisms of the sites terms of use there

this thread is not the place

any follow on discussion on this thread will be removed

follow on discussion removed

Social source share

harold melvin DLMTW was a 12 month old lp only track when thelma decided to cut it. HM orig was never a 45 in the states. only when thelmas version was no 1 in the states did philly decide to put the 45 out in europe. HM a classic......... thelmas version is average.................. jimmy summerville version is rubbish IMO

DAVE

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert