Four Tops - Night Lights Harmony

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi All,

I just popped the Four Tops' Night LIghts Harmony LP on ABC onto the turntable and am really enjoying it. I haven't heard a lot of the post-Motown LPs. Are there any others I should check out?

Many thanks,

Tim

Just off the top of me head

"Main Street People" is excellent

"Keeper Of The Castle"

"Tonight" (with their version of "All I Do"

Social source share

Just off the top of me head

"Main Street People" is excellent

"Keeper Of The Castle"

"Tonight" (with their version of "All I Do")

Which co-incidentaly I'm playing on the show on Sunday (how does that not surprise me)!

Also worth checking out is the wonderful "Love Enough To Care" from '79 currently available on Soul Intention 7"........

Ian D :yes:

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

Guest Perception

"Keeper of the castle" is a must - includes their (original??) version of "Love music"

Lambert and Potter wrote it, but as great as the Four Tops are, the Sergio Mendes version is the masterpiece!

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Their last ABC album "At The Top" is a good one, as it was recorded in Philly under the supervision of Norman Harris.

Their second Casblanca album "One More Mountain" is also worth getting, if only to own their great version of Ronnie McNeir's "Light My Fire" a.k.a. "Keep On Lightin' My Fire".

But I'd have to say that, for me and as cited already, the best non-Motown Four Tops album will always be "Keeper Of The Castle", which is as good as any of their 60s Motown albums and better than several of them.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert