Footage From The Old Vic Dec 1988

Mal C

• Replies 25
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

The guy that spins in the white shirt looks suspiciously like the same guy as in the Leicester '84 Anniversary footage near the stage in the blue tracksuit with headband...............is he Graham from Cheltenham's brother????

Anyway, I have a tape from the Old Vic Xmas Alldayer '86 that I was at somewhere.........mainly Guy H spot as I recall.......I really must get it onto here!!

Cheers,

Mark R

Social source share

Really enjoyed it but shame they had to put so many special effects on, looks very similar to the footage of the 100 Club from the same period, same effects

was a bit of a shame, looks like they needed to pad it out by using the effects. having seen this for the first time since 88 last night, its all came flooding back, I mean the actual night, we had a laugh with Vol-a vents and I pissed off Richard Domar who sulked in the corner of the record room, not that I know the guy, just bought records from him, but nobody spoke to him all night!! Laughs

Rich Alston or baz, is the guy in the Blue shirt giving it loads, he's lost that hair these days.. I have my back to the camera pretty much, Burgandy top, and what look like a pair of slaks.. Paul Mc'Ginn or Paddy as he's known and Tony Renoylds would have been there on the night as we always went to the Vic together..

happy memories..

m

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

I think Mark George is in the vid??

There is a guy who is on the Leicester video too. Wearing shorts and has a tattoo of a stiletto on his leg.

And right at the end the guy looking at the camera who adjusts his cuff, is the guy on the Leicester video, who does a KTF fist as everyone is leaving. I think he is on here?

Mal. You look SOOOOOO young. :lol:

Edited by in town Mikey
Social source share

• 5 weeks later...

December '88, that was the last Cavendish, i believe, after being given the "boot" from the partnership, will not comment further there was just one, the i think one Waggon and Horses, the the move to the Black Horse, all i can say is im not on the vid

post-5897-067089200 1284931548_thumb.jpg

The attatched pic shows a ad with line up for that night

Still nice to see though, special times and memories for many people, and im still proud to be the one everyone remembers as the main player , on both of the nights 82 to 84, then 86 to 88

ph

post-5897-067089200 1284931548_thumb.jpg

Edited by harpo1
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

• 3 years later...

I contacted him shortly after posting this, and asked to buy some copies of the video for 2 mates, Baz (Richard Alston) and Paddy (Paul McGinn), initially He told me that he got these from the chap who took them, they were not his copyright, he just had the tapes, and digitized them for You tube...but after that he never replied, and does not answer my periodic emails, Dunno why he would not come back, who knows...I'm still after them...

M

Social source share

December '88, that was the last Cavendish, i believe, after being given the "boot" from the partnership, will not comment further there was just one, the i think one Waggon and Horses, the the move to the Black Horse, all i can say is im not on the vid

attachicon.gifEchoes Oct 22nd 1988 part 2 cov nighter.jpg

The attatched pic shows a ad with line up for that night

Still nice to see though, special times and memories for many people, and im still proud to be the one everyone remembers as the main player , on both of the nights 82 to 84, then 86 to 88

ph

:hatsoff2: HI ALL.....PAUL it is a similar set of events that I got at the Black Horse if you remember.   the Wagon & Horses was a great venue with fantastic buzz, I remember for some reason the GUY H night... many good DJs fave sound played was Chuck Jackson "what in the world" Motown, I think Carl used to play it?  :g: DAVE K

Social source share

the youtube posted was rooie16, anybody know who that is?

pm me if so, in case they dont want their name shouted all over the net, thanx

Just seen this thread.

The rooie16 youtube account is mine. I've probably still got the original 30 minute tape somewhere and will have a look for it as soon as I get chance. The video shows a lot of faces very clearly, I don't want cause any upset and there is at least one person that I need to contact before uploading the full version to youtube. If I find the video and I'm given the go ahead, I will upload it and place it here too.

If anyone has any objections or thoughts, please pm me.

Andrew

Edited by Soul16
Social source share

I contacted him shortly after posting this, and asked to buy some copies of the video for 2 mates, Baz (Richard Alston) and Paddy (Paul McGinn), initially He told me that he got these from the chap who took them, they were not his copyright, he just had the tapes, and digitized them for You tube...but after that he never replied, and does not answer my periodic emails, Dunno why he would not come back, who knows...I'm still after them...

M

Mal,

I changed my email address a few years back so that could be why I didn't reply - I've just got your message via youtube though.

Please see my post above too.

Cheers.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert