Looking For Some Help On Uk Labels

Chris L

I'm looking for some info and label scans for UK issued singles. I'm writing a magazine article and I'm looking for label scans of 1st UK issues and then the later 69/70s re-issues. For example - Duets - Every beat of my heart on Stateside then the President re-issue, The Spellbinders on CBS then on Direction, Doris Troy on Cameo Parkway, re-issue on Toast, those 1st issue Motown and later 68/70 re-issues. I'll give full credits to those used. Either post them on this thread or send to :

Soulcharger@hotmail.com

Also if you know the original and re-issue dates that would be great.

Chris L

Edited by Chris L
Social source share

• Replies 32
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I'm looking for some info and label scans for UK issued singles. I'm writing a magazine article and I'm looking for label scans of 1st UK issues and then the later 69/70s re-issues. For example - Duets - Every beat of my heart on Stateside then the President re-issue, The Spellbinders on CBS then on Direction, Doris Troy on Cameo Parkway, re-issue on Toast, those 1st issue Motown and later 68/70 re-issues. I'll give full credits to those used. Either post them on this thread or send to :

Soulcharger@hotmail.com

Chris L

Duettes never came out on Stateside Chris, I bet you are thinking of The Sharpees Tired Of being Lonely

Social source share

Soulcharger@hotmail.com

Chris L

Pete Smith's your man.

And he's right, Duettes didn't come out on Stateside. Well not that I'm aware of. If you know better, please tell us both more.

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Soulcharger@hotmail.com

Chris L

Chris, you could try having a play around on this UK issues site---

https://www.45cat.com/

You can search by artist or label

Dates and cat numbers, although it's hit and miss with label scans

PS if you want to save any label scans don't forget to click "view large images"

:D

Edited by Dave Turner
Social source share

Chris, you could try having a play around on this UK issues site---

https://www.45cat.com/

You can search by artist or label

Dates and cat numbers, although it's hit and miss with label scans

PS if you want to save any label scans don't forget to click "view large images"

:thumbsup:

What a site - just what I was looking for to print some reggae labels off to put on my blanks - thanks for that link

Social source share

Guest veep1296

Yes you're right Pete, getting old I'm afraid, and on top of that I misspelt their name :boxing:

Chris send me a list as I have probably everything you are looking for on original 60s........

Regards

David

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

What a site - just what I was looking for to print some reggae labels off to put on my blanks - thanks for that link

Pete, yeah it'll be up your street mate as reggae labels seem to be particularly well represented. Obviously a few reggae collectors uploading scans.

:boxing:

Social source share

:yes:

HI PETE....PLEASE REASURE ME, THAT YOU HAVE NOT EVER COBSIDERD DOING THAT?? PLEASE TELL ME IT'S FHE SARKY WOLVES WIT!..I CANT SAY WHO BUT THERES A TOP UK DEALER WHO DOES THAT SORT OF THING, HE DID THE BOOT OF LLYOD ROBINSON A FEW YEAR BACK, SELL ANY BEATLES STUFF AND PUT THE NEMS © OR APPL©

HE IS A FAKER THERE RESTORATION AND THEN CHEATING. I NO A TOP DJ WHO FOR YEARS PUT SCAN LABELS ON BOOTLEGS:yes: THE 1ST BLOKE WE CALL DOG EYE! I EXPECT A TRUTHFUL ANSWER:ph34r: DAVE

Social source share

:yes:

HI PETE....PLEASE REASURE ME, THAT YOU HAVE NOT EVER COBSIDERD DOING THAT?? PLEASE TELL ME IT'S FHE SARKY WOLVES WIT!..I CANT SAY WHO BUT THERES A TOP UK DEALER WHO DOES THAT SORT OF THING, HE DID THE BOOT OF LLYOD ROBINSON A FEW YEAR BACK, SELL ANY BEATLES STUFF AND PUT THE NEMS © OR APPL©

HE IS A FAKER THERE RESTORATION AND THEN CHEATING. I NO A TOP DJ WHO FOR YEARS PUT SCAN LABELS ON BOOTLEGS:yes: THE 1ST BLOKE WE CALL DOG EYE! I EXPECT A TRUTHFUL ANSWER:ph34r: DAVE

Whats wrong with me wanting to tart up a blank label with a nice colourful one?

Social source share

Whats wrong with me wanting to tart up a blank label with a nice colorful one?

:hatsoff2: HI PETE...WHATS WRONG! AS SUCH NOTHING IS WRONG, THIS HAS MORE TO DO WITH MY PRINCIPLES & ETHICS..AS I STATED MOST PEOPLE HAVE DONE OR ATTEMPTED TO DO RUNNING RECORD REPAIRS WARPS AND ALL! THIS ALL SEEMS OK! BUT THE SAME PEOPLE, HAVE A VIEW THAT A UK 45 WITH NO CENTERER SHOULD BE DEVALUED BY 1/3 OF IT'S TRUE VALUE! i HAVE NEVER PRESCRIBED TO THIS SCHOOL OF THOUGHT (HOWEVER IF SOMEONE IS SO STUPID TO DEDDUCT 1/3 OF THE PRICE, BASED ON NOTHING MORE THAN, THE EARLY RULES OF COLLECTING RECORDS THAT USE TO APPLY TO DEMOS BY THE TEDDY BOYS?//) I WILL BUY THEM, AS I NO THAT AN ORIGINAL EX TO MINT 60ts DEMO WITH NC, WAS DONE BY THE ORIGINAL RECIPIENT OF THE RECORD AND AS SUCH IT'S A PART OF THE RECORDS HISTORY, IF TOU CHANGE A RECORD TO LOOK LIKE SOMETHING ELSE WHATS THE POINT, THE HISTORY THAT LIES BEHIND THE JAMAICAN BLANKS HAS IT'S ROOTS IN SOCIAL POVERTY OF THE THIRD WORLD, YOU CAN SEE THIS ON THE WAY LPs SLEEVES ARE MADE AND HOW RESOURCEFUL THE COUNTRY HAD BECOME JUST A FEW YEARS FROM JA INDEPENDENCE, SO MY POINT IS "YOU CAN'T MAKE A SILK PURSE OUT OF A SOWS EAR" THE OTHER ISSUE IS AND I AM NOT SUGGESTING THAT YOU PERSONALLY EVER WOULD , SELL A RECORD THAT HAS BEEN DOCTORED,BUT IT MIGHT GIVE IDEAS TO THE INSCRUTABLE PEOPLE OUT THERE.:thumbsup: FINALLY THE Rivers OF BABYLON MELODIANS I 1ST HEARD IN DECEMBER 60 AS A BLANK IT WAS NOT UNTIL THE END OF SUMMER THAT IT COME OUT AS A SUMMIT PRE RELEASE, AND THEN BECAME HUGE, IN MY COLLECTION I HAVE THE ORIG AL JA BLANK NOT A RARE RECORD, BUT WHY WOULD I WANT TO STICK A LABEL ON IT, I JUST DON'T GET IT MATE:ph34r: DAVE

Social source share

Because it looks shit as a blank and I like to see some label credits for a start! I handwrite them but they look rubbish.

:lol: HI PETE ..I HOPE I AINT GOT TO TELL YOU TO WIND YOUR KNECK IN?? YOU ARE KIDING ME PETE YOU DONT NEED THE INFO! YOU HAVE THAT ALREADY:thumbsup: MY POINT IF IT'S NOT ALREADY CLEAR IS DOING STUFF LIKE THAT IS POINTLESS, HARMLESS I AGREE WITH YOU BUT YOU WILL ALWAYS NO IT DONT LOOK RIGHT, BY THE WAY PETE HAVE YOU A FULL CLIP OF THE BOB ANDY GREEK RECORD FLIP INSTR THAT SOLD FOR£316 AND WHO THE SELLOR WAS IT WAS COVERD AS THE HIPPY BOYS IT NOT ON THE GREEN DOOR BOB ANDY NOT SURE ABOUT HARR J BUT I DONT THINKS SO?:( DAVE

Social source share

Soulcharger@hotmail.com

Chris L

here ya go mate .... any use to you? :rolleyes:

post-11139-033466200 1282477086_thumb.jp

post-11139-033466200 1282477086_thumb.jp

Social source share

Would be great if I could get some scans of these :

Fascinations - Girls are out to get you - Stateside/Sue

Sharpees - Tired of being lonely - Stateside/President

Johnny Wyatt - This thing called love - President/President (3 spoke/solid centres)

Doris Troy - I'll do anything - Cameo Parkway/Toast

C & I Foxx - Tightrope - Stateside/Pye Int.

Any Stateside Motown/UK Tamla Motown from the 300 - 500 series that go re-released in the 700 - 800 series, thinking of Contours, Marvelettes, Velvelettes, J Ruffin, Isley Brothers, Marv Johnson, Vandellas, etc, etc.

In fact anything that was 1st released 64-67 then re-released around 69/70, thanks in advance. :thumbup::thumbup:

Chris L

Social source share

Would be great if I could get some scans of these :

Fascinations - Girls are out to get you - Stateside/Sue

Sharpees - Tired of being lonely - Stateside/President

Johnny Wyatt - This thing called love - President/President (3 spoke/solid centres)

Doris Troy - I'll do anything - Cameo Parkway/Toast

C & I Foxx - Tightrope - Stateside/Pye Int.

Any Stateside Motown/UK Tamla Motown from the 300 - 500 series that go re-released in the 700 - 800 series, thinking of Contours, Marvelettes, Velvelettes, J Ruffin, Isley Brothers, Marv Johnson, Vandellas, etc, etc.

In fact anything that was 1st released 64-67 then re-released around 69/70, thanks in advance. :rolleyes::D

Chris L

Hi Chris,

Here's a few to get you started.

All the best.

Kev Bodley.

Social source share

Darrell Banks If there are any others you particularly need scans of Chris drop me a mail at mac5254 at hotmail dot com

Paul, thank you so much, the Tightrope was exactly what I was looking for, we'll use it for the main label scan in the article. I know exactly where I was when that re-issued, I heard it on the radio and hummed for about 3 weeks solid :ohmy:

Very impressed with Darrell Banks on London, reckon the scan alone must be worth a grand !!!:lol: I'll be in touch, thanks again everybody. :tumbleweed3:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert