L.j. Reynolds - All I Need - Odd

Swifty

Just bought a copy of L.J.REYNOLDS - ALL I NEED - BLACK LADY BL033 which arrived this morning.

It actually has ALL I NEED on both sides, now the seller did mention this but just wondered if anyone

else has this on both sides? It has the same Label/Song both sides but the others I've seen have

COOKING WITH NIXON on the other side. The Label is Green and there is no mention of it being a demo

or Promo copy.

Any Ideas ?

Thanks in advance

Swifty :thumbsup:

Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

'Black Lady' copies exist with "Cooking With Nixon" as well as "All I Need" so I guess it's not as simple as saying 'Lady' copies are issues and 'Black Lady' copies are demos. A good record, and maybe one of the most convincing soundalikes of Motown from a non-Motown label: it's almost like a Temptations out-take.

"Cooking With Nixon" is the instrumental to something. Can someone remind me what the vocal is?

Social source share

'Black Lady' copies exist with "Cooking With Nixon" as well as "All I Need" so I guess it's not as simple as saying 'Lady' copies are issues and 'Black Lady' copies are demos. A good record, and maybe one of the most convincing soundalikes of Motown from a non-Motown label: it's almost like a Temptations out-take.

"Cooking With Nixon" is the instrumental to something. Can someone remind me what the vocal is?

Agree Gareth, I've got a Black Lady copy with "Cookin' With Nixon" on the flip too! :D

To be honest, the LJ Reynolds is much better (to my ears) than the Temptations version.

LJ Reynolds vocals are just INCREDIBLE! (I've always thought he's probably the most underrated'Mega Voice' on the planet).

:thumbsup:

Sean

Social source share

Thanks Gareth & Sean , strange one then but as you say a great version :lol: !

What sort of price does it fetch £30 ish ?

Cheers

Swifty :thumbsup:

Seems about right mate.

But in terms of quality it should be a fortune!

A Soul Essence Monster some 15+ years ago - and much too good for the mainstream!

A truly great record.

But then, LJ Reynolds could sing the Phone Book... and I'd buy it.

:D

Sean

Social source share

Yet another track I forgot to record/should never have let go when I sold the 'northern'!

I don't know about "Cooking with Nixon" being a backing track to something else but I used to have the same track issued as "Cookin'" by Don Gardner (?) on Spectactular if I remember rightly. Was it the flip of "I can't help myself"?

best,

RB

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert