The Volumes - Ain't Gonna Give You Up - Karen

Guest gibber

• Replies 22
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Is this as rare as people make out only ive had at least 4 copies(for me the least liked song by this group 60ts that is)

think there will be copies tucked away in collections Gilly, was about back in the day as they say :thumbsup: Probably demand and that it is good that pushed the price right up.

Social source share

I had a spare copy a couple of years ago.....everybody wants it, but they all want it for buttons.....Butch had one in his box last time I looked......price.....£900

Phil.

KINELL, THINK HE,LL TAKE IT TO THE GRAVE WITH HIM, SURELY NOT AS MUCH AS THAT. WUDDA THORT £600 - £700 BUTTONS AT THE MOST.

BRI PINCH

Social source share

Is this as rare as people make out only ive had at least 4 copies(for me the least liked song by this group 60ts that is)

Defo with you on this one Gilly, I don't rate it and I reckon its not worth that much. Loads tucked away in collections and nearly every DJ seems to own a copy. Average record IMHO

Phil

Social source share

Guest Perception

I bought one about 15 years ago, from a UK list for £10,

The guy had more than one copy.

I sold it several years later for £300. Market forces of supply and demand!

Social source share

• 5 years later...
Guest jbriscoe26

I know this is an old thread but I'm looking for it too so just thought I'd add to conversation. One sold in 2014 on Discogs for £12 apparently...

Social source share

I agree not too rare but its all in the eye of the now ridiculous beholder.Recently got £1200 for Volumes.A better version of the flip side is a nice cheapie by Jimmy Delphs as well.

Edited by TRICKY
mis-spelling
Social source share

On 12/07/2016 at 23:27, vadnochka said:

Was a £30-40 sound at JM & Adey Pearce had it for £12 in the mid nineties -

I bought a copy from Adey Pearce for £10 back in the mid-nineties! 

Before the internet really got going,  a lot of people didn't know there was allnight Northern Soul scene still running!

As some others have mentioned it's not a ultra rare record, but DJ's have been playing it, people want it, so price goes up! 

The "Jeanette" syndrome!

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert