Jumping On The Band Wagon

Illya

Having promoted a successful Soul nights and a aldayer for various Local and National charities under the name of York Northern Soul & Motown Revue. It has come as a surprise when friends have been receiving text messages about a Heartbeat Revival Soul night at the Huntington WMC, the venue I have been using and with great praise from the members of the committee I know to speak too. I only found this out from a friend who had received a text and phoned to appologised to say he could not attend, these friends thinking these text messages were from me have been trying to alter there shift patterns and family commitment to attend and to support what I am creating, across the board venue. A national supermarket chain is also running a charity soul night for their chosen charity open to there regions employees and the public which initially they said would not happen, but it is for a charity and supermarket chain hires the club twice a year for there events and the soul event is a one off. I am quite flattered that they trying to copy.

So I The York Northern Soul & Motown Revue in the near future will not be having any Charity Soul events held at Huntington WMC. I do have pride. Thank you for your support and the support of the following DJ's Soul up Norths Howard Earnshaw.The late Jerry Brown (Wilton) The late Garry Muse (Cleethorpes) Cpt Chris Bearsoul Morgan The Willingham Collective (Manchester) Soul Sam (International) Phil Sheilds (Belfast) Martyn Bird (Hullsoul) Mick Burnett & Kev Bainbridge (Bishopthorpe Soul Club) Pete Jay & Av Little (Manifesto Soul Club) Tony Hatfield (York SC) Ronnie Pedley (York) Andy Bellwood & Dale Byers(Tadcaster RSH) Dave Cervi-Kilner (Harrogate) Gary Brown (Purple Hearts Club) Jo Brock(Flyers inc) Mike Ward with out Mike it would not have happened in the first place Thank you. Also thanks for encouragement given by Kev Roberts, Pat Brady, Sean Chapman, Andi King (HWMC) and Mel my wife. We certainly put Huntington on the Map

I will find another venue to continue the Soul & Motown Revue for my 2 absent friends who past away in the last year.

Regards

Andy Hudson

Edited by Illya
Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

HI ANDY

I KNOW WE SPOKE ABOUT THIS BRIEFLY ON FRIDAY AT THE MANIFESTO.

SOME PEOPLE DON'T HAVE ANY SCRUPLES, BUT UNFORTUNATELY LIFE ISN'T ALWAYS FAIR AND I SUPPOSE FROM THE CLUB'S POINT OF VIEW 'BUSINESS IS BUSINESS , BUT I WOULD HAVE THOUGHT THEY WOULD HAVE LET YOU KNOW WHAT WAS GOING ON.

ANYWAY WHEN YOU FIND AN ALTERNATIVE VENUE YOU KNOW YOU ONLY HAVE TO ASK AND BOTH AV & MYSELF WILL GLADLY DJ FOR SUCH WORTHY CAUSES THAT MIKE & YOU HAVE HELP RAISE MUCH NEEDED MONEY FOR.

PETE & AV

Social source share

HI ANDY

I KNOW WE SPOKE ABOUT THIS BRIEFLY ON FRIDAY AT THE MANIFESTO.

SOME PEOPLE DON'T HAVE ANY SCRUPLES, BUT UNFORTUNATELY LIFE ISN'T ALWAYS FAIR AND I SUPPOSE FROM THE CLUB'S POINT OF VIEW 'BUSINESS IS BUSINESS , BUT I WOULD HAVE THOUGHT THEY WOULD HAVE LET YOU KNOW WHAT WAS GOING ON.

ANYWAY WHEN YOU FIND AN ALTERNATIVE VENUE YOU KNOW YOU ONLY HAVE TO ASK AND BOTH AV & MYSELF WILL GLADLY DJ FOR SUCH WORTHY CAUSES THAT MIKE & YOU HAVE HELP RAISE MUCH NEEDED MONEY FOR.

PETE & AV

Pete & Av

Thank you for your support, it was not the first time

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert