Didn`t Realise This Went For This Much

Dave Pinch

• Replies 18
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Blimey, a cracking price on the Jack Ashford album. I sold 2 of 'em for £20 apiece last year, so it's jumped a bit since then........

Ian D :lol:

I have this Lp but with a different cover. A rather sultry young lady adorns the cover.

Is this the first issue as it states 1977?. I see the one on Ebay states 1978.

Steve

Social source share

Blimey, a cracking price on the Jack Ashford album. I sold 2 of 'em for £20 apiece last year, so it's jumped a bit since then........

Ian D :lol:

With the wobbley board in it,i bet Rolf as put a bid in.ph34r.gif

Social source share

I'm glad it's not just me, I'd mentioned the Dont You Worry Baby as a wacky priced copy on the Bobby Valentin thread.

Some weeks it's as though the bottom has dropped out of the collecting market with prices a third of what you'd expect, then a week or two later it's all back at the OTT prices again, puzzling ????? (great tune tho !)

Social source share

Moved this to the correct forum for you Dave.

Like you say reputable seller but was suprised at some of the prices too. Did you see what he got for some of the Boogie 12"s?

THANKS FOR THAT MARTIN.... I HAD A GOOD LOOK AT ALL HIS ITEMS BUT THESES AND THE INNERSECTION WERE TOP OF THE PILE

Ian D biggrin.gif

I KNOW IAN. I WAS ONE OF THE BUYERS. IT MIGHT NOT HAVE HAD THE WOBBLE BOARD BUT I CAN LIVE WITH THAT

DAVE

22nd aug sunday chillout 2nd anniversary with dave & bri pinch, joe lakin, mick wad & steve mank + guests brett franklin, rob wigley & john phillips

Social source share

I met this seller at Kilburn,London record fair a few years back,to be fair to him he pays top dollar for records(he did there).Did try and educate him that his prices were way too high when i was looking throu some of his sales.I manged to find ones i was after for half price and lower elsewhere:whistling: .

Needless to say he didn`t listen,fair play to him but i`d love to know where these mad buyers are cos they have to be barking mad to pay that for Jack Ashford,see it go for under $30/40 on ebay before.I paid £8 for mine sealed years ago with the hotel sign inside.

Social source share

I met this seller at Kilburn,London record fair a few years back,to be fair to him he pays top dollar for records(he did there).Did try and educate him that his prices were way too high when i was looking throu some of his sales.I manged to find ones i was after for half price and lower elsewhere:whistling: .

Needless to say he didn`t listen,fair play to him but i`d love to know where these mad buyers are cos they have to be barking mad to pay that for Jack Ashford,see it go for under $30/40 on ebay before.I paid £8 for mine sealed years ago with the hotel sign inside.

Like I said Wayne, why pay $600 odd when you can buy it now for $80. Beggars belief!

Social source share

Is that the going rate now?:thumbsup:

I smell a rat on this seller,no one is that naive surely:no:

And nobody who knows their soul would pay that amount for a less than average copy of Brief encounter:no:

A stench not a smell, but my nose is bigger than yours Wayne:lol:

Social source share

someone bought a "Ex++" record from him with a supposed slight warp that didn't affect play to trade with me. He paid over the top. I got the record, it had a horrible heat warp that in no way would play through and the record was no where close to "EX++". I didn't know what to do because the buy who bought it didn't misrepresent it and he paid over the top. Either way, it sucked. I paid someone else to flatten it but the heat warp still made a wooshing noise. Also, it looks like he finally figured out how to spell "definitely" which makes his auctions less amusing.

Social source share

Ian D :yes:

I am sure you charged me £25, I want a refund, oh maybe not in light of this thread, I promise to be nice to you for a month now Iain :yes::thumbsup:

Social source share

Brief Encounter $565 wtf!!!

Got a copy of a seller on Gemm for $15 about 6 or 7 month ago think another person on soulsource also got a copy of gemm ? for the same price around the same time $565 the world offically has gone mad :lol:

Kieran

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert