Seller Warning

Hi there, just bought a record from a seller in california calles "johnnyincalifornia" on e-bay, his real name is juan diaz.

i bought a wendel western 45 from him, to safe money with lots of naivity, i asked him to sell it out of the bay and he said of course we can do that!

We had lots of email-talking, he said he found all of these wendel western 45s that are known (11) and now found another 6 and lots of other bla bla bla....

In the end i never recieved the record, i told him that we should find a way with a refund and he said i´m the liar cause i got the record and also wanna have cash back.

angry.gif:angry2:Lost lots of cash with this deal and am really dissapointed in my ideologie of buying records.....

Social source share

• Replies 21
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi there, just bought a record from a seller in california calles "johnnyincalifornia" on e-bay, his real name is juan diaz.

i bought a wendel western 45 from him, to safe money with lots of naivity, i asked him to sell it out of the bay and he said of course we can do that!

We had lots of email-talking, he said he found all of these wendel western 45s that are known (11) and now found another 6 and lots of other bla bla bla....

In the end i never recieved the record, i told him that we should find a way with a refund and he said i´m the liar cause i got the record and also wanna have cash back.

:lol::angry2:Lost lots of cash with this deal and am really dissapointed in my ideologie of buying records.....

if you paid by paypal you should still have a comeback against him even though the deal was done outside of ebay :lol:thumbsup.gif

Social source share

I could probably count less than 5 bad deals in the Collectors scene over the last 35 years, however I just got took for over a grand only 6 weeks ago. I won't name him, but pm me if you are a dealer or just a dabbler like me and I will be happy to share the intelligence on the crook I just dealt with. He too is Stateside.

Social source share

angry.gif:angry2:Lost lots of cash with this deal and am really dissapointed in my ideologie of buying records.....

How many weeks ago did you buy the record cos ive had them take 8 weeks to come from the US before, the hold up has mainly been customs. I've never not received a record, but then again I don't buy lots of records and am not a dealer :lol:

Suz

x

Social source share

Guest gfarrington

agree with what suz says,some can take a while on the other hand ive just recieved a lp from california which took just over a week

Social source share

I always mail expensive items (or whenever the buyer wants the service) from California, using a registered service. It's an additional $11.50 to the standard fee for mailing one 45 (approx. $6.00 to the UK), and allows you to track your parcel from door to door using the USPS website.

Hope the Western finds it's way to you, but for future reference, always ask for your parcel to be registered.

Social source share

On the other had, I have sent shed loads of money :lol: and the disc has turned up with no problems, its good for the nervous system yes.gif

:yes:

I guess thee and me has always been lucky cos I've never had a problem and the goods have always turned up.:thumbsup: I have to admit mind if it was an expensive record I would register the mailing and insure it. I know it is more expensive that way, but it is even more expensive to pay for the record and not receive it :D

Suz

x

Social source share

if you paid by paypal you should still have a comeback against him even though the deal was done outside of ebay :yes:thumbsup.gif

How could that work? is there a chance to get money back?

really my fault not to tell him that it has to be send registered:(.. well but i guess, even if i had told him, maybe he wouldn´t have sent it cause he first has the cash and maybe never wanted to send it......i don´t know....

i thought over for days if i should name him, cause i really normally don´t run somebody down but in this situation i was so dissapointed.......

Social source share

really my fault not to tell him that it has to be send registered:(.. well but i guess, even if i had told him, maybe he wouldn´t have sent it cause he first has the cash and maybe never wanted to send it......i don´t know....

i thought over for days if i should name him, cause i really normally don´t run somebody down but in this situation i was so dissapointed.......

wenn ich mich recht erinnere muss der verk¤ufer mit einer tracking nummer nachweisen, dass er das p¤ckchen geschickt hat. hat er es unversichert geschickt, kann er dies nicht beweisen und du bist im vorteil. da kann man froh sein, dass bezahlen als gift bei uns nicht m¶glich ist. viel erfolg, uli.

Social source share

wenn ich mich recht erinnere muss der verkäufer mit einer tracking nummer nachweisen, dass er das päckchen geschickt hat. hat er es unversichert geschickt, kann er dies nicht beweisen und du bist im vorteil. da kann man froh sein, dass bezahlen als gift bei uns nicht möglich ist. viel erfolg, uli.

wow, also gibt es noch eine kleine chance:)

danke uli, dieses jahr werde ich es endlich mal schaffen nach nürnberg, freu mich!!!

Edited by Guest
Social source share

I have PM'd you regards this !!:yes:thumbsup.gif

Social source share

I could probably count less than 5 bad deals in the Collectors scene over the last 35 years, however I just got took for over a grand only 6 weeks ago. I won't name him, but pm me if you are a dealer or just a dabbler like me and I will be happy to share the intelligence on the crook I just dealt with. He too is Stateside.

Hi Kev, I have just checked out his feedback!! it's all gone a bit pear shaped lately, lucky for me my 45 was OK it's genuine!! thanks once again. ATB John.yes.gif:yes:hatsoff2.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert