• Replies 25
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest theoriginator56

I agree with you on bettys record pete fantastic tune. also bill moss sock it to em soul brother. mohawks the champ

all totally diferent . my betty came from tescos 71 72 10pence.

Social source share

I agree with you on bettys record pete fantastic tune. also bill moss sock it to em soul brother. mohawks the champ

all totally diferent . my betty came from tescos 71 72 10pence.

Only have one at the moment. Spencer Wiggin's 'That's How Much I Love You/A Poor Man's Son' Pama Lovely deep ballad with a jerky dancer flip. Agree with Pete S. on the Betty Lavette with Clifford Curry and Bobby Patterson close second & third.

Got to say I don't know uch else on the lbel apart from some of the mod type things like Bill Moss/Mohawks etc.

Also just checked the list and Have Rosevelt Grier C'mon Cupid. Which I always loved dancing to in the 70's..

Best

Kev

Edited by Kev Moore
Social source share

I think my favourite on Pama is Monty Morris - Say what you're saying and it's fantastic B side but there's not a lot of great jamaican stuff on Pama as they put most of it out on their many subsidiary labels. Without wanting to start up an old argument again, if the Volumes "Just can't help myself"/"One way lover" had actually been issued on Pama like people say it was, that would have been my nunber one. But it wasn't, so it isn't.

Social source share

I've always really liked Bill Moss 'Number one', and Roosevelt Grier's 'C'mon Cupid' (always listed as 'C'mon Stupid' for some reason) is a 45 that hasn't yet had its day (IMvHO)...

I have this on AMY anybody tell me the connection to PAMA ?

Cheers, :)

Social source share

Best of the Pama soul 45's - Betty Lavette - Feel Good All Over / Only your love can save me....oh and the vastly underrated Blossoms - Stand By.

totally agree pete..betty lavette is superb and i need to play it out more

moldie

Social source share

Best of the Pama soul 45's - Betty Lavette - Feel Good All Over / Only your love can save me....oh and the vastly underrated Blossoms - Stand By.

i agree with the blossoms pete but then i would as you sold me it,produced by bill medley and a fine job he did too pama 814

blossoms - stand by -

kev

Social source share

post-13241-091896700 1280977481_thumb.jp:thumbsup:Hi All WHATS YOUR FAVOURATE SOUL/R&B MOD 45..I THOUGHT IT WAS SORT OF CLEAR!! I AM GOING TO LIST MY TOP 5 TO-NIGHT?

BLUE PAMA 45?? & THIS COLOR PAMA

post-13241-076103600 1280977014_thumb.jp

:unsure:Hi All...I have always collected PAME the 1st PAMA I GOT was Eric Barnet "the HORSE inst GAS 100 in 1968 my top man the FACE! BRUCE WICKS IN 68 THE RECORD SHOP HE WORKED IN STOCKED THE INDEPENDANT LABELS O THE DAY, B&C BEING A FAVOURATE WITH IT'S FLASH LABELS, PAME LABEL COME ALONG JUST AT THE RIGHT TIME! WITH IT 'S ROUGHER REGGAE PLATTERS AND MORE COOLER LABELS BACK THEN ONLY CERTAIN SHOPS STOCKED CERTAIN LABLES, IT AMUZES ME WHEN I READ STORIES OF ..."I WAS 10 HAD WHITES ON WIV CHERRYS HAD SOME COXONE DODD SINGLE FROM THE BOSS BAMBOO SHOP OR WHATEVER MUSIC CITY STORE,

TO COMPETE WITH THE NEW ACTION LABEL, THE PALMERS PUT THE SOUL STUFF ON THE BLUE PAMA LABEL AND IT CHANGED IT'S LOGO COLOR AROUND THE TIME OF THE VOLUMES ?/I AM SORRY BUT THIS GOING TO ANOY SOME OF YOU BUT IT DOES EXIST AS DOES A NUMBER OF SOUL SIDES THAT WERE NOT LISTED, BUT I HAVE SEEN THE RECORD "NOW I AM A WEST HAM BLOCKHEAD"/ SO I WILL MENTION KIETH MINSHALL AS LIKE MYSELF HAS SEEN IT BUT KIETH HAD IT IN STOCK!!??

ANY WAY HERES SOME PICTURS

post-13241-008248300 1281047839_thumb.jppost-13241-042958600 1281047927_thumb.jppost-13241-095498600 1281047990_thumb.jppost-13241-090414200 1281048034_thumb.jppost-13241-027831900 1281048119_thumb.jp:lol:MY #1 PAMA AT THE MOMENT PERSAINS.

THE BEST IS "WHAT A WONDERFUL NIGHT" BOBBY PATERSON::huh: DAVE KIL

post-13241-076103600 1280977014_thumb.jp

post-13241-091896700 1280977481_thumb.jp

post-13241-008248300 1281047839_thumb.jp

post-13241-042958600 1281047927_thumb.jp

post-13241-095498600 1281047990_thumb.jp

post-13241-090414200 1281048034_thumb.jp

post-13241-027831900 1281048119_thumb.jp

Social source share

Guest john s

I think my favourite on Pama is Monty Morris - Say what you're saying and it's fantastic B side

That was the best thing I got in that shop the day I met you last month, great record.

Social source share

THE VOLUMES ?/I AM SORRY BUT THIS GOING TO ANOY SOME OF YOU BUT IT DOES EXIST AS DOES A NUMBER OF SOUL SIDES THAT WERE NOT LISTED, BUT I HAVE SEEN THE RECORD "NOW I AM A WEST HAM BLOCKHEAD"/ SO I WILL MENTION KIETH MINSHALL AS LIKE MYSELF HAS SEEN IT BUT KIETH HAD IT IN STOCK!!??

No that's not good enough anymore Dave, STILL nobody has come up with a picture or solid proof of there being a copy, I could tell you I saw a copy of Darrell Banks on London issue and swear it was true but I couldn't prove it. We both know vast amounts of people who have Pama pre's, and nobody has ever said they've got this record. It would have turned up by now.

Social source share

:wicked: I am sorry Pete there is more factual evidence about this record to say I am right (i have seen it) and it did exist, than the I want more proof? lobby. if i had the funding this issue and other rare records et TMG 620 "oh how happy" the Sex Pistols on A&M Jimi Hendrix color vinyl and my DMC12 Micheal Jackson would make good TV Documentary stuff!!?? as for the LONDON ISSUE of DB, you may eat your words just like exmas bop T REX the labels wereprinted **(fact) and 1st batch copys were always made at the same time the demo are made *****(FACT) there have been a few DEMO/ISSUES UNRELESED or withdrawn, examples of this PETE can you name 1 from CBS??.

:no: Dave(I need funds project)KIL

Edited by dthedrug
Social source share

:wicked: I am sorry Pete there is more factual evidence about this record to say I am right (i have seen it) and it did exist, than the I want more proof? lobby. if i had the funding this issue and other rare records et TMG 620 "oh how happy" the Sex Pistols on A&M Jimi Hendrix color vinyl and my DMC12 Micheal Jackson would make good TV Documentary stuff!!?? as for the LONDON ISSUE of DB, you may eat your words just like exmas bop T REX the labels wereprinted **(fact) and 1st batch copys were always made at the same time the demo are made *****(FACT) there have been a few DEMO/ISSUES UNRELESED or withdrawn, examples of this PETE can you name 1 from CBS??.

:no: Dave(I need funds project)KIL

The CBS one is Dennis D'Ell but you just haven't got any concrete proof about the Pama one, everybody knows there are copies of Oh How Happy and GSTQ on A & M, but nobody's seen or got a Volumes.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert