La Beat Records, Detroit

Mrtag

• Replies 16
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

WOULD ANYONE HAVE OR KNOW WHERE TO FIND THE LISTINGS ON ALL LA BEAT RECORDINGS?? PLEASE,THANKING YOU IN ANTICIPATION. BEST WISHES JOHN.:rolleyes:

P6504 - Spider , Snake & Eee - Only A Boy / When I Have To Say, Be On Your Way

LB6602 - Al Williams - I Am Nothing / Brand New Love (Also released by Palmer 5011)

LB6604 - James Shorter - Ready For The Heartbreak / Modern Day Woman

P6605 - The Masqueraders - A Family Part I / A Family Part 2

P6606 - The Masqueraders - I'm Gonna Make It / How

P6607 - Lester Tipton - This Won't Change / Go On

P6608 - Nelson Sanders- This Love Is Here To Stay / Tired Of Being Your Fool

P6609 - Don Hart & James Shorter - I Shed A Tear / All The Love I Got

P6701 - The Masqueraders - Be Happy For Me / (Instrumental)

P6701 - The Masqueraders / The L. P. T.'s - Be Happy For Me / (Instrumental)

P6701 - The L.P.T's / The L. P. T. Orchestra - Together That's The Only Way (Vocal) / Together That's The Only Way (Instrumental)

P6702 - The Masqueraders - (Work) Together, That's The Only Way / One More Chance .

P6704/5 - The Masqueraders - I Got The Power / (Work) Together, That's The Only Way

Here you go grandad :thumbsup:

Edited by ged parker
Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

WOULD ANYONE HAVE OR KNOW WHERE TO FIND THE LISTINGS ON ALL LA BEAT RECORDINGS?? PLEASE,THANKING YOU IN ANTICIPATION. BEST WISHES JOHN.:rolleyes:

Contact Rod Dearlove (Modernsoulsucks) who had the La Beat discography in his mags --

Midnight Express (issue 2)

Collectors Guide to Detroit

Social source share

Guest topcatnumpty1

Contact Rod Dearlove (Modernsoulsucks) who had the La Beat discography in his mags --

Midnight Express (issue 2)

Collectors Guide to Detroit

I think you.ll find Rod Dearlove shud read Rod Shard (Modernsoulsucks)!!!

T.C

Social source share

P6504 - Spider , Snake & Eee - Only A Boy / When I Have To Say, Be On Your Way

LB6602 - Al Williams - I Am Nothing / Brand New Love (Also released by Palmer 5011)

LB6604 - James Shorter - Ready For The Heartbreak / Modern Day Woman

P6605 - The Masqueraders - A Family Part I / A Family Part 2

P6606 - The Masqueraders - I'm Gonna Make It / How

P6607 - Lester Tipton - This Won't Change / Go On

P6608 - Nelson Sanders- This Love Is Here To Stay / Tired Of Being Your Fool

P6609 - Don Hart & James Shorter - I Shed A Tear / All The Love I Got

P6701 - The L.P.T's / The L. P. T. Orchestra - Together That's The Only Way (Vocal) / Together That's The Only Way (Instrumental)

P6702 - The Masqueraders - (Work) Together, That's The Only Way / One More Chance .

P6704/5 - The Masqueraders - I Got The Power / (Work) Together, That's The Only Way

Here you go grandad :rolleyes:

Thank you most kindly my son is this everything Ged as I have been offered an acetate and it's not on the list!! ps thanks for reminding me of the re-issue you know how much I hate it!!:g::thumbsup::yes::g:

Social source share

Thank you most kindly my son is this everything Ged as I have been offered an acetate and it's not on the list!! ps thanks for reminding me of the re-issue you know how much I hate it!!:yes::thumbsup::yes::g:

I think that's them all.

Is the jury not still out on which was actually released first? :rolleyes::g:

Social source share

I think that's them all.

Is the jury not still out on which was actually released first? :rolleyes::yes:

Now stop winding me up!! You know damn well the Re Issue has a La Beat recording written on the label:yes: :g: anyway yer supposed to be kind ta old folk tha noz :g: Ps. have you got any of the multiples left that you picked up in that big haul you got?:thumbsup:

Edited by mrtag
Social source share

I had a mis-labelled copy of #6701 labelled as the third one above, but actually played as the second one above, if you follow!?!

:rolleyes:

Edited by Anoraks Corner
Social source share

I had a mis-labelled copy of #6701 labelled as the third one above, but actually played but played as the second one above, if you follow!?!

:yes:

Got you!! Confused.com:lol: :thumbsup: I know what your saying must have been a bit of a rarety, A bit like the flooky Shrine thing Cairos one side Eddie Day the other :rolleyes: atb John

Edited by mrtag
Social source share

Now stop winding me up!! You know damn well the Re Issue has a La Beat recording written on the label:yes: :thumbsup: anyway yer supposed to be kind ta old folk tha noz :g: Ps. have you got any of the multiples left that you picked up in that big haul you got?:rolleyes:

Well it is a La Beat recording. Doesn't say "La Beat Release" It's like John Manship's interpretation of which of the mixes of Emanual Laskey's - Don't Lead Me On Baby is the first issue. I think he has them the wrong way round but there's no way to ever know for sure.

In terms of multiples assuming you mean just the La Beat stuff I have a couple of James Shorters (LB6604) and as many as you like of the Masqueraders (LB6605) :yes:

Social source share

Well it is a La Beat recording. Doesn't say "La Beat Release" It's like John Manship's interpretation of which of the mixes of Emanual Laskey's - Don't Lead Me On Baby is the first issue. I think he has them the wrong way round but there's no way to ever know for sure.

In terms of multiples assuming you mean just the La Beat stuff I have a couple of James Shorters (LB6604) and as many as you like of the Masqueraders (LB6605) :thumbsup:

Could ya save us 1 of each pls Ged as long as they dont cost the crown jewels! :rolleyes:

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

I think you.ll find Rod Dearlove shud read Rod Shard (Modernsoulsucks)!!!

T.C

TC, thanks for that. Always had it in my mind it was Rod Dearlove (don't know why).

thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert