E-Bay Joker

Album was advertised as a "sealed" product. When the invoice arrived from the seller for payment the Postage costs seemed a little excessive so I asked for verification of postage costs.

Seller responded and seemed a little agitated that his estimated postage costs were questioned. I had explained I had received an LP the previous week from the states and it was half the price he indicated.

The Album arrived today to my horror when I opened a the package to see an actual LP visible, not in a sleeve , and not sealed ? I then I noticed the scratches, I then I noticed the label "The roarin 20's " ? .........I have been conned I thought , then I looked underneath and there it was the sealed Spyder Turner album.

Was it a wind up ?

Social source share

• Replies 21
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Album was advertised as a "sealed" product. When the invoice arrived from the seller for payment the Postage costs seemed a little excessive so I asked for verification of postage costs.

Seller responded and seemed a little agitated that his estimated postage costs were questioned. I had explained I had received an LP the previous week from the states and it was half the price he indicated.

The Album arrived today to my horror when I opened a the package to see an actual LP visible, not in a sleeve , and not sealed ? I then I noticed the scratches, I then I noticed the label "The roarin 20's " ? .........I have been conned I thought , then I looked underneath and there it was the sealed Spyder Turner album.

Was it a wind up ?

lots of LP sellers use thrift store LPs as packing material. I really don't think he was screwing with you by sending a random LP with your LP. Also, although he still may have overcharged you, using extra LPs to pack with adds a lot to costs.

Social source share

I had a 45 from the US once and it was packed in a cut down LP sleeve. :lol:

I was horrified to see she'd cut up the cover of the rare funk Soul Expedition LP. When I contacted her to see if she still had the LP, she'd used it as packing on another LP she'd sold but helpfully said "you wouldn't have liked it; it was terrible" :thumbsup:

Social source share

Was it a wind up ?

Soyou kept the roaring 20s LP and binned the Spyder Turner one? :thumbsup:

Social source share

I had a 45 from the US once and it was packed in a cut down LP sleeve. :lol:

I was horrified to see she'd cut up the cover of the rare funk Soul Expedition LP. When I contacted her to see if she still had the LP, she'd used it as packing on another LP she'd sold but helpfully said "you wouldn't have liked it; it was terrible" :thumbsup:

This seems to be a popular pastime with a lot of the U.S dealers at the moment!! had a few myself but always seem to be c&w sleeves:yes:

Social source share

Had this recently with a seller in Germany. Opened up the package to see a 45 pic sleeve of some Dutch produced rap/pop nonsense from the 80s. After the initial wave of disappointment I realised that the seller had sandwiched my 45 in between two of these terrible discs.

Reckon he was getting his own back by re-exporting them to the country they originated from!

Social source share

lots of LP sellers use thrift store LPs as packing material. I really don't think he was screwing with you by sending a random LP with your LP. Also, although he still may have overcharged you, using extra LPs to pack with adds a lot to costs.

i had 2 45s used as packers from the states 1 was marlena shaw wade in the water on cadet in m/con the other packer was christine cooper heartaches away my boy vg++

they were worth more than the record i bought in the first place not all bad

Social source share

i had 2 45s used as packers from the states 1 was marlena shaw wade in the water on cadet in m/con the other packer was christine cooper heartaches away my boy vg++

:thumbsup::lol:no.gif I DON'T BELIEVE THAT, NO WAY IS THAT TRUE :thumbup::shades::yes:

Edited by denbo
Social source share

Of course you did :thumbsup:

I got a 45 packed in 2 other 45's but they were by Olivia Newton John. Not sure of the logic of using fragile things to safe guard a similar fragile thing. :lol:

Social source share

The converse of this is - I got a 45 in an envelope, that's all AN ENVELOPE. Someone had very kindly folded it to help the postie. How I wish someone had stuck a crappy C&W disc in with it or a bit of an LP sleeve. Here's how it turned out.:thumbsup:

Thankfully it was cheap.

gary

post-6788-033480900 1280853892_thumb.jpg

post-6788-033480900 1280853892_thumb.jpg

Social source share

:lol:

I bought a job lot of records off this guy on ebay, this is going back about 8 years, early days; you could only see the top record on the pile and I'd asked him if the rest were any good and of course he said they were, so I paid him $100 or whatever it was, anyway when they came there was one good record (Find Yourself Another on Bo Mar) and the rest was utter shite, not even soul, about a third of a way down the pile was an original International GTO's "I love my baby" (Rojac) which I sold the same day for £250 :thumbsup:

Social source share

So you kept the roaring 20s LP and binned the Spyder Turner one? :rolleyes:

Lol its brilliiant like something out of a Benny Hill sketch lol ... gong to have fun with it at the weekend .....chase me lol....or I could bake cakes and make pies to it

Now the Spyder Turner Lp thats rather special. I got it for one track ..You know I'me alive with that lovin feelin , one I had forgotton about until Neil played it at Torquay and reminded me of its excellence.

I think my ebay seller has a warped sence of humour . Made it quite amusing though to look back on .

I recall one guy taking a while to post a 45 and his excuse was ... I go to the post office once a week and I have to get old mule out of the barn , and he struggles to make it...... another bloody Texan .

Edited by Carms
Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

last $5 record I got was packed in original Frank Wilson and Don Gardner, a pleasant surprise

So what, the last one I got was packed between Footsee and The Snake

I've been on anti-depressants ever since :rolleyes:

Edited by Dave Turner
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert