Dj Cringe

Guest remus

Guest remus

What DJ's irritate you to the core with their sayings and strange habits?!

Compileing a list, feel free to add yours! :)

Here's a couple to get started;

1.Kev Roberts- "Come in, the water's lurvley"

2.Shifty-"They don't come........no better..........than this"

Social source share

• Replies 50
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

link

ya NEVER KNOW, Remus if they stopped saying it more we could have another 5 records to dance too.

I think this topic might be a good un :yes:

Social source share

Guest dodger

link

'Remember where you heard it first' always gets on my tits. Terry Jones said that at the last Stoke about a track somebody else had been playing for months!! :yes:

Social source share

Guest remus

'Remember where you heard it first' always gets on my tits.  Terry Jones said that at the last Stoke about a track somebody else had been playing for months!!  :)

link

forgot about that one!, totally unnecessary I'd say!

Another is "Big record for me at the moment"!............I think we'll be the judge of that! :yes:

Social source share

coooeeee mr remus..wen was the last time u went anywhere to hear wot a dj says???? :D

more annoyin than wot dj's say..are people who say your record is in the post :yes:

sed sum sh*t meself like from time to time :) ..who cares..who listens????

:)

Social source share

Guest remus

coooeeee mr remus..wen was the last time u went anywhere to hear wot a dj says???? :(

more annoyin than wot dj's say..are people who say your record is in the post :yes:

sed sum sh*t meself like from time to time :) ..who cares..who listens????

link

last night!, Kev played a blinder and didn't say a word coz he's a DJ of passion, not fashion! :D

more annoying than no record in the post is 'cheque is in the post'

I care, I listen :D

Social source share

What is this have a pop at the DJ's month on here or what??????....lol, how about a seperate thread for annoying clever buggers who try their best to constantly belittle the DJ's, still i guess we are there to be shot down...lol.

Tell you what if you ain't happy get yourself a box of records together and give it a go yourself then we can rip the piss out of you then see how you like them apples...lol.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Guest remus

What is this have a pop at the DJ's month on here or what??????....lol, how about a seperate thread for annoying clever buggers who try their best to constantly belittle the DJ's, still i guess we are there to be shot down...lol.

Tell you what if you ain't happy get yourself a box of records together and give it a go yourself then we can rip the piss out of you then see how you like them apples...lol.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

link

fecking hell, we're a happy bunch today aren't we?!, must be a side affect of broken bones! :yes:

lighten' up, it's just a laugh.......anyway the artists are more important than the dj's,..wouldn't you say?! :)

Social source share

fecking hell, we're a happy bunch today aren't we?!, must be a side affect of broken bones! :yes:

lighten' up, it's just a laugh.......anyway the  artists are more important than the dj's,..wouldn't you say?! :)

link

My comments were tounge in check, do we not have the right to reply then...lol

No it seems the punters are more important than the DJ's and artists...lol

Oh bollocks i'm going out for a hop on me crutches...lol

Mark Bicknell

Social source share

Guest remus

My comments were tounge in check, do we not have the right to reply then...lol

No it seems the punters are more important than the DJ's and artists...lol

Oh bollocks i'm going out for a hop on me crutches...lol

Mark Bicknell

link

Going to a Soul night tonight with Sean "fluff" Chapman, I'll report back tomorrow with his one liners! :yes: , two soul nights in a weekend!, beat that dj bitch!? :)

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

It really gets on my tits, when a DJ says

Last one for tonight. See you next time.

You always know its downhill from there. :)

Social source share

Guest remus

It really gets on my tits, when a DJ says

Last one for tonight. See you next time.

You always know its downhill from there. :yes:

link

And mine!, put that in at number 8 on the list! :)

Social source share

Guest remus

Remus she will kill you mate you know that, don't upset her please....lol

Mark Bicknell.

link

she loves it Mark!, don't you cookie? :yes:

Social source share

I've enjoyed reading this thread so I thought I'd add a few of my own (explanations in brackets)

What, is this an office party or what (no one's danced for three records)

Here's a request from earlier (I'm the only one in the place who likes this record)

Here's one that's getting played loads in Scotland (I know no one's been there to verify)

Remember when that one used to tear up the floor at Wigan (no one danced to it)

That really used to do the business at Yate (no one danced to that one either but at least i've been around)

Well, if you clear the floor, it might as well be to a really classy record (no one danced to that one and now I'm getting desperate)

Just a few more from me before I hand you over to .....(don't worry this hell will be over in 6 minutes)

Regards

Warren Boogaloo

Social source share

Guest remus

I've enjoyed reading this thread so I thought I'd add a few of my own (explanations in brackets)

What, is this an office party or what (no one's danced for three records)

Here's a request from earlier (I'm the only one in the place who likes this record)

Here's one that's getting played loads in Scotland (I know no one's been there to verify)

Remember when that one used to tear up the floor at Wigan (no one danced to it)

That really used to do the business at Yate (no one danced to that one either but at least i've been around)

Well, if you clear the floor, it might as well be to a really classy record (no one danced to that one and now I'm getting desperate)

Just a few more from me before I hand you over to .....(don't worry this hell will be over in 6 minutes)

Regards

Warren Boogaloo

link

some classics in that lot! :yes: , like the office party one wink.gif , the request from earlier is a clever one to use, at least someone other than the dj likes it :P .

"Massive all over the country" is another banker coz if you don't dance then you don't know it! :yes: ......."lets be 'aveing ya" which really means "f***ing dance you tossers" :thumbsup:

Social source share

Worst has to be either a deejay who doesn't seem to realise that no one can understand a word he's saying anyway but still rambles on or one who is so pissed he can't speak properly (no one here of course... :-) ) Better to keep it short or say nothing !

Social source share

funniest is trying to understand some DJs but after a while you get used to them and their phrases or at least some of the words :yes:

a one big name once said "gfhajgjagjad supoh reds psurdsueryeqwr todmorden adsfjsdf;;dsfjkj Classic for yoh dsan.,m.sadlldnkd like this" :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

"And it goes, something, like this...."

Come on, is this the record or is it jsut somethign like the record you are about to play. Doesn't it go 'exactly like this'?

Is it the bloody record or not?

AAAARGGHGHGHHGHGHGH!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Social source share

i actually love all those northern dj phrases perhaps because i was brought up in an ear (the 80s) when your average normal pub or club dj seemed to think it was his job to use as many words as possible between and often over the records

nothern jocks always sounded positively reticent by comparison

that bit...where they...hesitate...between words...before the record starts is only because they're shit at cueing up.

i do find all the location checks a bit wearing: 'this one's going out to the grantham posse...you know who you are...' etc etc

but in general there's nothing to beat a good northern dj who's really into the music is there

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Dan, you were brought u in an ear??

I suppose when you are famous it will make the statue easier to make for the Madam Tussauds people.

Another phrase, bringing this more up to date:

Got this off ebay for 5 bucks, it was misfiled and nobody else bid, - Here's Eddie Parker - I'm Gone (Insert any expensive record)

:thumbsup::yes::yes:

Social source share

I suppose when you are famous it will make the statue easier to make for the Madam Tussauds people.

Got this off ebay for 5 bucks, it was misfiled and nobody else bid,  - Here's Eddie Parker - I'm Gone (Insert any expensive record)

:thumbsup:   :yes:   :yes:

link

Here's yet another one from my uncle in Florida, and again, its on Soul Galore......................

Social source share

Guest ShaneH

"Taxi for Irene"

"someone has left a floater in the ladies"

"this is the fifth instrumental I have played tonight and no one has danced....whats the problem?"

"that was the great sound of Gayle Adams and if it couldnt get any better just listen to this from Kenny Thomas"

"Shit!!....wrong bas***d side"

".................." (mic not working)

"get off my wife ya dirty bas***d!"

Shane

:thumbsup:

Social source share

"Taxi for Irene"

"someone has left a floater in the ladies"

"this is the fifth instrumental I have played tonight and no one has danced....whats the problem?"

"that was the great sound of Gayle Adams and if it couldnt get any better just listen to this from Kenny Thomas"

".................." (mic not working)

"get off my wife ya dirty bas***d!"

Shane

If you wont dance to this, 'f*ck yer' (Copyright Mark Etheridge June 2005)

link

Edited by SteveM
Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

link

Schoolboy error that one.

Experienced DJs say 'First time out for that one'. Generally to an empty dancefloor.

Social source share

Got this off ebay for 5 bucks, it was misfiled and nobody else bid,  - Here's Eddie Parker - I'm Gone (Insert any expensive record)

:wicked:   :D   :wicked:

link

bloody hell

i've been pedanted

normally i do the pedanting

well spotted mikey

btw what you mean when i am famous...i famous now

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

bloody hell

i've been pedanted

normally i do the pedanting

well spotted mikey

btw what you mean when i am famous...i famous now

link

Pedanted? - Urban behest before departing on a long journey with companions Edward and Daniel.

I've just got over being in a lift and one guy said it was tesselate in there.

I had to look it up. I thought it was sardines mate.

Yeah you are very famous with the Welsh Rugby fans in the ONS. After that post I stuck up of yours, they all want to meet you and shake you warmly by the throat :wicked:

Social source share

personally speaking, I'd ban the use of nouns & their derived adjectives...

stormer

stomper

floater

belter

monster

scorcher

classic

pounder

floorpacker

shuffler

ender (this freudian in concept)

oldie

newie

beat ballad

crossover

modern

northern soul

rare as hens' teeth

R&B mover

100 mph

choon/tune

the expression 'out of new york, detroit, chicago etc' (we are NOT americans)

john e vincent used to 'love us & leave us', but anything JEV said was alright by me...

soul sam 'could never miss the beginning', so we were often entreated to a double dose of the church bells at the intro (don't like that word either) to margaret mandolph...

back to lurking...

macca

I'd also ban the word lurker, it's a relative of loiterer...

Social source share

Compileing a list, feel free to add yours! :wicked:

link

LOL! I can hear him!

:wicked:

Social source share

I'm Djing at Steam on Saturday and wil play a game of DJ Phrase Bingo.....

I'll throw in most of the phrases above and the person who reels off the most correct ones to me will win a tenner.

WOOF!

link

How many times will you say 'Nothing soulful about that, dag nabbit'

Social source share

Worst has to be either a deejay who doesn't seem to realise that no one can understand a word he's saying anyway but still rambles on or one who is so pissed he can't speak properly (no one here of course... :-)

:wicked::wicked:

Right talk to me whose bin tu where i Dj

Iknow I talk like im talkin aaaaat me rrrrrrse

but no need tu puttt in ritin

Dooooooooooouhg

:D

Social source share

Its going to the toon that makes ye talk like that... and I notice the throat is a tad better have ya stopped trying to talk in a chesterfield accent now.....

Interpretation at the back of Staythorpe is always my job... when the posse ask "who was that"

Just remember Sat at the LIBRARY AT SKEGNESS 8 til Late ya are in Lincolnshire so if ya say ought stick a DUK on the end of it duk

Social source share

link

Hey Warren.....that's one of mine!! Only mine is "two more from me before I hand you over to...............". (and said with pride!!!) :D

Edited by Gene-R
Social source share

Guest remus

Just thought of another 2

'As featured on the KFC ad'

:(

'No set is complete without a bit of RnB'

:(   :D   :D

link

How about,"No set is Soulful with an r'n'b bowl full" :(

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source