Three Tracks Recently Unearthed From '71 From A True Unknown Soul Vocalist

Wow!

Unacustomed as I am to going over the top :lol: I've just had a package from the lovely Mr Rounce containing THREE of the tracks from his recent 'Southern' find on 'unknown' Soul vocalist, Tina Bryant. Hopefully by the time you read this, the licensing will be done and news of a release later this year will be imminent :(

I say again, Wow!

THREE tracks recently unearthed from 1971 from a TRUE unknown Soul vocalist! Listening to these tracks will leave you wondering how the hell they stayed in the can and more importantly, how the hell the singer didn't become a real star.............I kid you not!

One's a very tasty 60's/Northern finger snapping mid tempo dancer

One's a 'proper' Deep Soul treasure & finally

One's a mellow Deep Soul ballad with sweetening so fine, it'll send shivers down your spine!!!!!!

I will most definitely be playing all three tracks THIS Sunday on Solar Radio, as it's our turn to host 'Soul People'

So I hope you can join us THIS Sunday at the usual time of 10am-Midday and I PROMISE you you will NOT be disappointed with the quality of this newly discovered Soul Diva!

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Been in my Motor all week, Steve.

The 'Finger Snapper' is a light and breezy little cracker. Reminds me very much of Millie J's 'Close My Eyes' which is no bad thing!

The Deepies though.... Oh lawdy, lawdy!

Can't choose between them, both are absolutely Top Drawer!

Can't find much about Tina Bryant... other than as a backing vocalist on John Lee Hooker's final LP.

Wonder if there's any Don Bryant connection?

Great stuff matey.

Tony Rounce for President!

:(

Sean

Social source share

Yep I got a treat off Tony last week - only one track from Tina, plus another 3 unissued tracks from other artists... hence the I love Mr Rounce thread :lol:

They're all a bit special to say the least :(

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Been in my Motor all week, Steve.

The 'Finger Snapper' is a light and breezy little cracker. Reminds me very much of Millie J's 'Close My Eyes' which is no bad thing!

The Deepies though.... Oh lawdy, lawdy!

Can't choose between them, both are absolutely Top Drawer!

Can't find much about Tina Bryant... other than as a backing vocalist on John Lee Hooker's final LP.

Wonder if there's any Don Bryant connection?

Great stuff matey.

Tony Rounce for President!

:thumbsup:

Sean

I can't remember why, but we think that the Tina on the JLH session was a different person.

Memphis Tina was - again we think - a member of the Teen Town Singers.

As to the Don Bryant connection, Tony & I asked Howard Grimes if he had heard of her, and he said no, if it there had been a connection we'd have thought he might have remembered. Especially as it sounds like him on the session.

The fourth track on the session is a pretty good sister funk number.

Social source share

Wow!

Unacustomed as I am to going over the top :D I've just had a package from the lovely Mr Rounce containing THREE of the tracks from his recent 'Southern' find on 'unknown' Soul vocalist, Tina Bryant. Hopefully by the time you read this, the licensing will be done and news of a release later this year will be imminent :thumbsup:

I say again, Wow!

THREE tracks recently unearthed from 1971 from a TRUE unknown Soul vocalist! Listening to these tracks will leave you wondering how the hell they stayed in the can and more importantly, how the hell the singer didn't become a real star.............I kid you not!

One's a very tasty 60's/Northern finger snapping mid tempo dancer

One's a 'proper' Deep Soul treasure & finally

One's a mellow Deep Soul ballad with sweetening so fine, it'll send shivers down your spine!!!!!!

I will most definitely be playing all three tracks THIS Sunday on Solar Radio, as it's our turn to host 'Soul People'

So I hope you can join us THIS Sunday at the usual time of 10am-Midday and I PROMISE you you will NOT be disappointed with the quality of this newly discovered Soul Diva!

Cheers

Steve

I realise there is a 'pecking order' with these things - I know my place - but it is the rubbing of our noses in it I can't take :lol: 'I've had one sent', 'I have it in the car' etc etc

If it does not stop I will stop buying them when they eventually come out in protest;)

Social source share

I realise there is a 'pecking order' with these things - I know my place - but it is the rubbing of our noses in it I can't take :thumbsup: 'I've had one sent', 'I have it in the car' etc etc

If it does not stop I will stop buying them when they eventually come out in protest;)

Sorry Mike.

It's called promotion. :lol:

I am playing it right now, actually.

Its incredible.

If you give me a call, I'll let you listen to a few minutes of it down the phone.

Meanwhile, heres a picture of it.

:D

Sean

post-4120-012104900 1279807370_thumb.gif

Social source share

I realise there is a 'pecking order' with these things - I know my place - but it is the rubbing of our noses in it I can't take :thumbsup: 'I've had one sent', 'I have it in the car' etc etc

You can always come over for your tea and I will play them over and over to you :lol:

Social source share

I reckon Sean should done his pinny and cook us ALL tea whilst playing us these tracks.. then when he's concentrating on getting the oven chips just right we'll nick 'em....!!

These are unreleased Fame tracks? Are they forming part of the forthcoming Fame project or something else?

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

I can't remember why, but we think that the Tina on the JLH session was a different person.

Memphis Tina was - again we think - a member of the Teen Town Singers.

As to the Don Bryant connection, Tony & I asked Howard Grimes if he had heard of her, and he said no, if it there had been a connection we'd have thought he might have remembered. Especially as it sounds like him on the session.

The fourth track on the session is a pretty good sister funk number.

It was discussed, on the Southern Soul Groups, that there might be a connection between the JLH Tina and this one, but the viewpoint was that the JLH Tina would have been in her mid-late 50s (or possibly older) if she and this one were one and the same.

Should also like to give credit to my colleagues, the good messrs Rudland and Palao, rather than hog all the 'discovery' glory for myself, as they were in FAME with me when the tape was first played. Can't beat a bit of sharing the love...

Anyway, the dancer has also had the A. Croasdell seal of approval, so 100 Clubbers can expect to hear it soonish, too....

I've heard an untold amount of incredible previously unissued music this year, but these tracks are among the very best of the very best. It's my sincere hope that we'll be able to bring all four tof them to Kent and/or BGP CDs before any of us are much older than we are now....

TONE

PS To Lofty - I understand your feelings, mate, but if we gave everybody everything as we found it then we'd never sell a CD, would we?:thumbsup:

Edited by TONY ROUNCE
Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

I reckon Sean should done his pinny and cook us ALL tea whilst playing us these tracks.. then when he's concentrating on getting the oven chips just right we'll nick 'em....!!

These are unreleased Fame tracks? Are they forming part of the forthcoming Fame project or something else?

No they're not unreleased Fame tracks - they're unreleased tracks that were recorded at FAME's short-lived Memphis studio.

Once we've done a licensing deal, we'll be releasing them on 'something else'...

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert