Did Darrow Fletcher Record An Album For Crossover?

I got hold of Blues & Soul 176, the Xmas 1975 edition, because it has a Darrow Fletcher interview. Towards the end of the article, by David Nathan, there is the following intriguing snippet:

"Meanwhile, he's concentrating on completion of his first Crossover album. "We actually finished work on the album a couple of weeks ago and hopefully it will be out in the new year", (says Darrow)."

So what happened to it? It was never released - or if it was, I have never seen any mention of it anywhere, let alone any copy for sale.

Is there an unreleased Darrow Fletcher album somewhere in the vaults? If so, why hasn't it been rescued?

Attached below is the article in full

post-6433-014693900 1279734568_thumb.jpg

post-6433-014693900 1279734568_thumb.jpg

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I don't think the album ever materialised - after his two singles on Crossover, there were a further two tracks out on Atco and two more on Atlantic.

I've never heard what other tracks remain or if they still exist in any format, but it would be nice to find out if they are still in a vault somewhere, probably in California.

There was an article in David Cole's mag In the Basement # 42, but I don't recall it mentioning the album. I could check it for you to be sure.

Social source share

I don't think the album ever materialised - after his two singles on Crossover, there were a further two tracks out on Atco and two more on Atlantic.

I've never heard what other tracks remain or if they still exist in any format, but it would be nice to find out if they are still in a vault somewhere, probably in California.

There was an article in David Cole's mag In the Basement # 42, but I don't recall it mentioning the album. I could check it for you to be sure.

Agree with this. His Atco 45 B side "Lets get together" is pretty good, but the Atco 45 usually turns up on a double sided demo with the horrible A side :lol: missing "Lets get tigether". There are so many album's recorded that have remained in the can.

Social source share

Agree with this. His Atco 45 B side "Lets get together" is pretty good, but the Atco 45 usually turns up on a double sided demo with the horrible A side :( missing "Lets get tigether". There are so many album's recorded that have remained in the can.

Yes - that ATCO single as a minty issue with the B-side went for $470 a couple of months ago - the highest price paid on eBay for any Darrow Fletcher single as far as I can see. A really beat up issue of the Atlantic single Rising Cost of Love/Honey Can I, went for $100, and Its No Mistake/Try Something New on Crossover is (in my experience) really hard to get hold of, so I would have thought there would be a lot of interest in a 1975 Darrow Fletcher album.

Social source share

Yes - that ATCO single as a minty issue with the B-side went for $470 a couple of months ago - the highest price paid on eBay for any Darrow Fletcher single as far as I can see.

Well it's easily his rarest record. :(

Edited by Steve G
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert